Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: A sixth year for Otule?  (Read 4774 times)

Montana Warrior

• Scholarship Player
A sixth year for Otule?
« on: February 27, 2013, 05:23:27 PM »
Chris Otule's development this year has been inspiring.  He is making a big difference on the floor this year.  I love the line up of him and Gardner together.  Its been a tough matchup for opponents.  Should Buzz press the NCAA for a sixth year?

MU82

• All American
Re: A sixth year for Otule?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 05:25:00 PM »
As has been mentioned in many other threads, the decision will be Otule's. Buzz already has said he'd welcome him back. And given all the precedence, the NCAA almost surely would give the go-ahead.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 05:41:58 PM »
http://painttouches.com/2013/02/26/in-buzz-he-trusts-chris-otule/

The redshirt senior still isn’t sure if he has just played his second-to-last home game in a Marquette uniform. His decision on a sixth season — one the NCAA has already granted — will come later. For now it’s about winning games.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 05:47:34 PM »
The decision is Otule's.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Montana Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 06:00:13 PM »
As has been mentioned in many other threads, the decision will be Otule's. Buzz already has said he'd welcome him back. And given all the precedence, the NCAA almost surely would give the go-ahead.

Hope he makes the decision to stay since the 2013 recruiting class doesn't include a low post player.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 06:42:16 PM »
The two reasons I would love to see Otule return:

1) He really has developed on both the offensicve end and the defensive end.  He clears out lanes on a regular basis.  He would, next year, once again be our only guy over 6' 8"/

2) Based on the relationship that Buzz and Otule have developed, if Chris returns, I thinik there is no way that Buzz leaves MU.  And if he stays next year, with the recruiting class coming in that he has, he could stick around a very long time.

So I hope we hear that Christ wants to return.  If Buzz is telling him something else, like I'm leaving, then Chris may choose not to return.  Not the only reasson he wouldn;t however.  But the best news, I think, is he returns.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 06:48:40 PM »
So I hope we hear that Christ wants to return.

Well, he's supposed to.  ;)

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 06:54:41 PM »
Well, he's supposed to.  ;)

Is that the inside word, Sultan?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »
Well done, Sultan.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 06:58:19 PM »
All this talk of Buzz leaving is annoying. Sheesh get a grip people.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 08:01:55 PM »
No one brings this up ... I believe that Otule has already graduated.  So he could transfer and not sit out like Trent Lockett.

This option never comes up when talking about Otule's future

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 08:20:33 PM »
No one brings this up ... I believe that Otule has already graduated.  So he could transfer and not sit out like Trent Lockett.

After reading that piece on Buzz and Otule I cannot imagine him leaving for another program.

Death on call

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 08:37:49 PM »

I don't see Chris doing that. I think he feels a loyalty to Buzz and Marquette.

I'd ride the scholarship to take graduate level classes and make sure he has a backup plan for his knees.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 08:46:07 PM »

Someone here posted you can only do this until you start a grad school program.  Once you start classes, the option is gone.  If true, then MU is his only option.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 11:47:43 PM »
Otule will not go any where else. Otule will not return if Buzz leaves. I do not think Buzz is going anywhere.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 12:04:15 AM »
Otule will not go any where else. Otule will not return if Buzz leaves. I do not think Buzz is going anywhere.

I read in another thread that Rick Barnes is getting fired and Buzz has already agreed to replace him. Corey Williams was seen in Austin buying UT shirts.

Death on call

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 01:23:50 AM »
I'm really hoping Chris comes back next year to anchor the starting five.  He has really improved his mobility the last month or so.

Beginning of season, I'd say he's gone... Now I think he'll come back.  We shall see.

bkooncy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 09:22:18 AM »
If everyone on here wants chris back, who is going to lose their scholarship to make room for the 2013 class, we are one over even with jake going back to walk-on status.  Chris leaving makes the most sense to me we still will have Gardner, wilson, and Taylor.  Which is much taller than we were Jimmy Butlers senior year.

akmarq

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 09:27:57 AM »
If everyone on here wants chris back, who is going to lose their scholarship to make room for the 2013 class, we are one over even with jake going back to walk-on status.  Chris leaving makes the most sense to me we still will have Gardner, wilson, and Taylor.  Which is much taller than we were Jimmy Butlers senior year.

Vander's going to follow Buzz to UT.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 12:42:39 PM »
Chris Otule's development this year has been inspiring.  He is making a big difference on the floor this year.  I love the line up of him and Gardner together.  Its been a tough matchup for opponents.  Should Buzz press the NCAA for a sixth year?

NO, unless we have no other centers coming in.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 12:48:40 PM »

We have no other centers coming in.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 12:54:31 PM »

You're incredibly naive if you think all eight other players are all returning and all five signees are enrolling.  No need to speculate, it's just looking at the probability - if Chris wants to return there will undoubtedly be room for him.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 12:56:10 PM »

See the third post above ... Paint Touches says Otule has already been granted a 6th year.  Buzz has already said he wants him back.  It is now up to Chris if he wants to come back.

leever

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 01:01:05 PM »

So I hope we hear that Christ wants to return. 

So, Christ wants to return and Buzz is leaving?  Maybe Buzz should hang around to enjoy the show.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 01:06:20 PM »

We have no other centers coming in.

C'mon, Sultan. You didn't hear about Tyson Chandler deciding he wanted to go to college after all? I thought it was nice of the NCAA to give him eligibility and stipulate that he must matriculate at a school located between Cudahy and Shorewood.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson