Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: A sixth year for Otule?  (Read 4773 times)

Litehouse

• All American
Re: A sixth year for Otule?
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 01:14:31 PM »
Does anyone know how paying for grad school credits work?  If Chris came back without a scholarship, could he pay by the credit at the minimum required to be eligible?  He already graduated, so he doesn't need to continue making progress toward a degree.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 01:24:06 PM »
Does anyone know how paying for grad school credits work?  If Chris came back without a scholarship, could he pay by the credit at the minimum required to be eligible?  He already graduated, so he doesn't need to continue making progress toward a degree.

That's not going to happen.  If he decides to come back, he will come back as a scholarship player.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 01:31:54 PM »

Agree.......

That's not going to happen.  If he decides to come back, he will come back as a scholarship player.

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 02:39:15 PM »
I'd have to think that the writing is on the wall for us to feel confident about Chris Otule playing out one more year of his eligibility.   He's not taking part in the Senior day activities.  What else could that mean?  As long as Chris stays healthy through this season and the off season, I think it's a safe bet he'll be back.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2013, 10:30:57 PM »
I'd have to think that the writing is on the wall for us to feel confident about Chris Otule playing out one more year of his eligibility.   He's not taking part in the Senior day activities.  What else could that mean?  As long as Chris stays healthy through this season and the off season, I think it's a safe bet he'll be back.

+1

I think a lot of the Chris is not moving back talk came from Chris last fall when his knee was probably sore, out of shape and not playing well. 

Now that everything is working for him, the only thing the stops him from returning is another injury.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2013, 12:09:17 AM »
I was against Otule being back.

But seeing how he is developing the "seal" chemistry inside for Davante, I'm ready to roll out the carpet for CO.
SS Marquette

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2013, 12:57:41 AM »
I talked to Buzz on Monday and he made an excellent point. Everyone mentions how Chris is finally showing signs of life and improvement, but this is the first time he's gone through a full season healthy (in Buzz's words, "79 practices and 27 games"). In all three seasons he went down with injuries, he was off to very fast starts; albeit against weak teams, but fast starts nonetheless. I think it's a product of him staying healthy more so than him just finally "getting it." My guess, after speaking with Buzz and Chris on Monday, is that Otule is back next season.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2013, 07:03:15 AM »
I talked to Buzz on Monday and he made an excellent point. Everyone mentions how Chris is finally showing signs of life and improvement, but this is the first time he's gone through a full season healthy (in Buzz's words, "79 practices and 27 games"). In all three seasons he went down with injuries, he was off to very fast starts; albeit against weak teams, but fast starts nonetheless. I think it's a product of him staying healthy more so than him just finally "getting it." My guess, after speaking with Buzz and Chris on Monday, is that Otule is back next season.

This makes perfect sense.  Chris was playing really well early last year (UW) and even in the first few minutes of the Washington game before he went down for the season.

If he can stay healthy for the next year, he can be really good next year with Gardner.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 01:51:07 AM »
This makes perfect sense.  Chris was playing really well early last year (UW) and even in the first few minutes of the Washington game before he went down for the season.

If he can stay healthy for the next year, he can be really good next year with Gardner.

That would be his best value to the team.

Face it: Just like Buzz said that he can't move laterally, the guy struggles getting up and down the court and even leaping. Granted, if you're that tall you don't need to leap, but the lack of explosion to the ball kinda nullifies your place as the sheriff of the paint.
SS Marquette

feedback