[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Good places to eat by Oriental Theatre in Chicago?  (Read 4276 times)

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
Good places to eat by Oriental Theatre in Chicago?
« on: August 21, 2007, 11:07:04 PM »
So... I'm going to see Wicked this Saturday at the Ford Theatre for Performing Arts at the Oriental Theatre in Chicago and I'm trying to figure out what would we be a good restaurant to go to afterwards?  I did a little research and found a place called "The Italian Village" that has some sort of "deal" with theatre-goers, but I'm hoping to go somewhere a little less marketed and little more authentic chicago fare. i'm also hoping to dine within shouting distance of the theatre (or reasonable walking distance). thanks for any input you have!

MUBB7703

Re: Good places to eat by Oriental Theatre in Chicago?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 03:59:17 AM »
The Italian Village, which is right next to my office, is a Chicago land mark.  It is three restaurants in one.  High end on the ground floor, moderate in the basement and a pizzeria on the top floor.

There is another Italian place a half a block west of the theater which starts with a "P."  I will get you the name when I get into my office around noon Wednesday.  This place may be crowded after the show because it is so close.

Also on Dearborn, about a block  and a half south of the theater, is Tratoria 10.  It is a nice place in the basement of a building.

Smith and Wolinski, a steak place out of New York, is a couple of blocks north right on the river. And block North of the river is Harry Carrey's place.

I will give you some more suggestions later today.

MUBB7703

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 11:06:25 AM »
OK, here are some more suggestions.

The restaurant 1/2 block west of the theater on Randolph is Petterino's.

Two blocks north of the theater on E. Wacker are:

Catch 35 - High end sea food - between Dearborn and State
McCormick & Schmick's - Seafood - one block east of State
South Water Kitchen - at the corner of Wabash and Wacker
The Morton's Steak House - between Wasbash and Michigan

Also across the street from Harry Carey's on Dearborn is Keefer's Steak House.

Of course, you can also walk over to Millennium Park and go to the Park Grill.

If you do not mind jumping in the car and want something a little more moderately priced, head west on Randolph to Halstead street, one block west of Interstate and head south to Greek Town.  On the west side of the street is Santorini which has a nice roof top deck that allows you to look back into downtown, which is a great view especially at night.  Next door at the corner is Pegasus which has nice seafood.

If you want to look up any to the restaurants, try the Tribune restaurant guide at www.metromix.com.

Enjoy.

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 12:29:42 PM »
thanks a bunch!  i had no idea!

-"RD"