[June 08, 2024, 07:03:51 PM]

And The New...... by Tyler COLEk
[June 08, 2024, 11:45:55 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Herman Cain
[June 08, 2024, 11:31:50 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MuggsyB
[June 08, 2024, 10:56:27 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Big East closing in on hoops TV deal  (Read 4236 times)

🏀

• All American
Big East closing in on hoops TV deal
« on: January 24, 2013, 02:52:36 PM »
http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=4881

Looks like Big East for everyone next year?

1.  Louisville   2. Rutgers. 3. Central Florida 4. South Florida. 5. Cincinnati. 6. UConn. 7. Temple. 8. Memphis. 9. Houston. 10. SMU. 11. St. John’s 12. Providence. 13. Marquette 14.   Seton Hall. 15. Villanova. 16. Georgetown. 17. DePaul 18. Notre Dame.

Great.

WarriorDoc

• Starter
Re: Big East closing in on hoops TV deal
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 03:01:07 PM »
Should be cool to play Memphis and Temple.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 03:08:24 PM »
Should be cool to play Memphis and Temple.

Except it won't be cool to play Central Florida, Houston and SMU.

TheButlerDidIt

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 03:11:57 PM »
Kind of disappointing-was looking forward to getting started right away.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 03:15:31 PM »
Building new conferences take time and this may help reduce the exit fees.    Sometimes, you have to eat your vegetables.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 03:38:57 PM »
Having Louisville, Uconn, Cinci and Notre Dame with the Catholic 7 keeps some credibility with the league for next year.

Memphis and Temple will be decent adds. The other 3...yuck...but I don't think our SOS takes a major hit.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 03:44:13 PM »
Kind of disappointing-was looking forward to getting started right away.

+1, but I figured it was an unrealistic dream.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 04:04:31 PM »
Except it won't be cool to play Central Florida, Houston and SMU.

Houston will have Danrad Knowles eligible next year and House will have one year under his belt. Those were two top 100 recruits, the highest recruits they've had since the Guy Lewis era.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 04:12:51 PM »
UCF & USF - It's too bad there's no very good basketball schools in Florida without football teams that could potentially end up with us in the new conference.  So much for my career back-up plan of a possible future relocation to Florida and still maintaining the ability to watch Marquette road games.....................

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 05:22:48 PM »
UCF & USF - It's too bad there's no very good basketball schools in Florida without football teams that could potentially end up with us in the new conference.  So much for my career back-up plan of a possible future relocation to Florida and still maintaining the ability to watch Marquette road games.....................

Connecticut to Florida.  That move wouldn't be tax related, by chance, would it?
   ::)
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 05:34:07 PM »
JS had this in that Butler article...

Williams hinted the new league might begin play a year from this fall. He said all the new schools would like to begin competition in this fall but legal issues with the Big East could hold up the process for two years. Williams, though, said "cooler heads" could prevail in splitting the difference to a year.

Didn't rule out the chance of this fall and the report necessarily didn't either.  Must be a clause in this new deal if the C7 et al. get out before the fall but all arrows are pointing to one more year.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 06:23:55 PM »

Connecticut to Florida.  That move wouldn't be tax related, by chance, would it?
   ::)

Actually, no.  The state tax thing is so over-rated and over-blown out of proportion.  You get what you pay for on taxes.  I wouldn't want my kids in the public school system in the South.  Simply for a few reasons.  I'm been a runner since 1984 (thank you Carl Lewis) and I started swimming again last year.  I did my first triathalon last year as a result.  The wife and I love the beach and would like to spend more time at one.   Anyway, I don't like running in the cold & dark (I run at 5:30AM) and I can only tolerate a treadmill once or twice a week.  I'm very very limited in running miles from Nov.1 until mid-April.  With summer lasting longer in Florida I can go all winter and get a lot more beach time.  Plus there seems to be a lot of other things to with all the Northeasterner transplants.  Sorry so long winded........   

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 06:58:51 PM »
Actually, no.  The state tax thing is so over-rated and over-blown out of proportion.  You get what you pay for on taxes.  I wouldn't want my kids in the public school system in the South.  Simply for a few reasons.  I'm been a runner since 1984 (thank you Carl Lewis) and I started swimming again last year.  I did my first triathalon last year as a result.  The wife and I love the beach and would like to spend more time at one.   Anyway, I don't like running in the cold & dark (I run at 5:30AM) and I can only tolerate a treadmill once or twice a week.  I'm very very limited in running miles from Nov.1 until mid-April.  With summer lasting longer in Florida I can go all winter and get a lot more beach time.  Plus there seems to be a lot of other things to with all the Northeasterner transplants.  Sorry so long winded........   

Please go on about your daily routine, I'm riveted.

Lol just giving you a hard time.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 07:11:01 PM »

That goes both ways...we're the highest taxed state in the union now and the public schools suck balls.  So actually, you don't always get what you pay for in taxes.   :P

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 09:02:57 PM »
That goes both ways...we're the highest taxed state in the union now and the public schools suck balls.  So actually, you don't always get what you pay for in taxes.   :P

Where is we?
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 09:11:14 PM »

lot of swingers in florida.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 09:14:56 PM »

Jet915

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 10:01:47 PM »
With the name chicosbailbonds and talking about high taxes, must be California.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 10:08:38 PM »
Must be CA. 

Yeahhhh...so no then your school system isn't bad.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Zephyr820

• Walk-On
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 07:21:39 AM »
A Jersey Guy has been wrong almost as much as Lenn Robbins on all this stuff.

Didn't see say a week ago that UConn and Cincy were like joining the C7, which was instantly refuted?

He saying there'll be another year has as much weight with me as some random on the street saying it.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 07:37:13 AM »

Interestingly and perhaps strangely, I heard a Hollywood reporter say that because of taxes a lot of the actors were moving from California to Connecticut.  (There already are plenty of them living here in Fairfield & Litchfield counties.) 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 07:40:01 AM »
A Jersey Guy has been wrong almost as much as Lenn Robbins on all this stuff.

Yeah, but this is being reported by other sources as well....and LW said as much today.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 07:54:18 AM »

Yeah, but this is being reported by other sources as well....and LW said as much today.

Fair enough, but I don't exactly consider A Jersey Guy to be particularly... credible... at this time.  I'm fine if he's reporting the same as other sources, but if he's out there on his own on something, I'll tend to wait for others to independently come up with the same.
Relax. Respect the Process.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 09:52:03 AM »
+1, but I figured it was an unrealistic dream.
Bet you a beer C7 is gone for 2013-2014 season.
We Are Marquette