Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: You guys will love this - Flow Chart for Crean-Era Hoosiers  (Read 11337 times)

g0lden3agle

• All American
Re: You guys will love this - Flow Chart for Crean-Era Hoosiers
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 04:36:25 PM »
Here is the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgsVQQM8jGc

Normal press conference until 4:00 mark then he gets snippy.

Any idea what the reporter said for him to get so defensive?

mumike22

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 04:41:32 PM »
Something about MN and N'western "Clawing back in the 2nd half" was the initial thing that ticked him off around the 4:00 mark. Don't see much in that question to be such an arse...unless your just always an arse in TC's case

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 04:50:00 PM »
Something about MN and N'western "Clawing back in the 2nd half" was the initial thing that ticked him off around the 4:00 mark. Don't see much in that question to be such an arse...unless your just always an arse in TC's case

Fish gotta swim, bird gotta fly...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 04:52:43 PM »
Lenny, are you talking about Crean........ or Chico defending Crean?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 05:20:22 PM »

TC - don't you go stirrin' the pot Tower :)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 05:34:09 PM »

TC's post game comments can sometimes be interesting. Early this year, after a too close taffy pull against lowly Georgia, Crean couldn't sing their praises loud enough - said they would win 22-25 games this year. Then in praise of Jordan Hulls he said "He'll be playing in the Association next year". When he goes off the reservation and actually says something that isn't total coach speak he's dangerous.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 05:35:56 PM by Lennys Tap »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 05:44:29 PM »
Here is the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgsVQQM8jGc

Normal press conference until 4:00 mark then he gets snippy.

Really came off looking like a c0ck and a bully when he interrupted another reporter's question and took a shot at intimidating the earlier reporter. The earlier reporter hadn't asked a great question but it was a perfectly innocuous one. If Crean happens to see a replay of this tape, I hope he's man enough to admit that he overreacted and was out of line. Or maybe he just thinks he's the new Bobby Knight -- sans the titles. 
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 05:47:25 PM »
he's just made nobody asked him about his brother in-law's impending superbowl so he can piggyback / attention whore on their success..

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 06:24:36 PM »

What's it been, 6 years and some of you still can't let it go.  Of course, we all know it will be because of the players he has.  LOL.  The posts can write themselves

Gentlemen, he's a prickly coach, like many coaches...like almost every coach I ever worked for or with.  There are exceptions, but they are the exception.  It's how they are wired.  As for the in game adjustments, I've always found that one interesting.  Apparently when his coached teams are trailing at the half or tied and end up winning, no in game adjustments are made.  When his teams are up at the half, and they lose, they didn't adjust.  Again, the posts just write themselves. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:26:49 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 06:31:30 PM »
What's it been, 6 years and some of you still can't let it go.  Of course, we all know it will be because of the players he has.  LOL.  The posts can write themselves

Gentlemen, he's a prickly coach, like many coaches...like almost every coach I ever worked for or with.  There are exceptions, but they are the exception.  It's how they are wired.  As for the in game adjustments, I've always found that one interesting.  Apparently when his coached teams are trailing at the half or tied and end up winning, no in game adjustments are made.  When his teams are up at the half, and they lose, they didn't adjust.  Again, the posts just write themselves.  

As a unbiased and uninformed observer, I'm curious as to what TC's record is when trailing at halftime.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 06:36:39 PM »
Really came off looking like a c0ck and a bully when he interrupted another reporter's question and took a shot at intimidating the earlier reporter. The earlier reporter hadn't asked a great question but it was a perfectly innocuous one. If Crean happens to see a replay of this tape, I hope he's man enough to admit that he overreacted and was out of line. Or maybe he just thinks he's the new Bobby Knight -- sans the titles. 

Imagine how another fanbase perceives what Buzz did to Jimmy Mac?  How soon we forget.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=12076.msg107612#msg107612

I'll bet I could name 50 coaches and there are examples from all of them.  To Buzz's credit, they are fewer and farther in between because he is LESS of a prick than most of them.  But rest assured, almost all of them can be monumental pricks especially when you have a history with one or two of the reporters.  Al bit some guys heads off, KO did all the time, Deane did, TC did, and pick a coach from around the country.  Howland is world famous for it out here along with Montgomery, etc.  Coaches, especially after a game, can be unbelievably dickish even if they won.  It's how they are wired.  I don't know why this baffles so many people here, it's been going on since the dawn of man with coaches.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 07:01:31 PM »

It really wasn't that bad. Making something out of nothing.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 07:02:23 PM »
I literally loathe the guy, but that wasn't bad at all! Geez!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 07:04:31 PM »
Imagine how another fanbase perceives what Buzz did to Jimmy Mac?  How soon we forget.

I'll bet I could name 50 coaches and there are examples from all of them.  To Buzz's credit, they are fewer and farther in between because he is LESS of a prick than most of them.  But rest assured, almost all of them can be monumental pricks especially when you have a history with one or two of the reporters.  Al bit some guys heads off, KO did all the time, Deane did, TC did, and pick a coach from around the country.  Howland is world famous for it out here along with Montgomery, etc.  Coaches, especially after a game, can be unbelievably dickish even if they won.  It's how they are wired.  I don't know why this baffles so many people here, it's been going on since the dawn of man with coaches.

Sorry, Chicos, the everybody else is a prick too excuse doesn't cut it. Al McGuire was pretty much beloved by the media and the only coach he ever had issue with was the racist Baron of Basketball at UK - and it only enhanced his rep when he stood up to that bigoted bully. As regards Buzz, he took plenty of heat here from me and others for his blow up with Mac. Difference between him and Crean? For TC, being a jag is a way of life - it would never occur to him to apologize for being one. On the rare occasions when Buzz acts out he's quick to apologize - loudly and publicly. Huge, huge difference.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 07:23:17 PM »

Chicos:

I have been to hundreds -- actually thousands -- of postgame press conferences. You are right that most coaches can be set off every once in awhile; in fact, I set off a few of them in my time. But very few get annoyed by such an innocuous question. I'm guessing you're right that Crean has some history with this reporter, but I don't know that. Either way, he came off looking like a total jerk while the reporter came away looking like an undeserved victim.

Not that Crean cares. Bullies rarely do.

BTW, I'm not a Crean basher historically. I appreciate what he did to help revive our program, although I never thought he was a great floor coach. I especially appreciate that he hired Buzz.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 07:29:53 PM »

He's Baaaaaack!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 07:43:52 PM »
I literally loathe the guy, but that wasn't bad at all! Geez!

Pretty much my thoughts.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2013, 07:48:37 PM »
Chicos:

I have been to hundreds -- actually thousands -- of postgame press conferences. You are right that most coaches can be set off every once in awhile; in fact, I set off a few of them in my time. But very few get annoyed by such an innocuous question. I'm guessing you're right that Crean has some history with this reporter, but I don't know that. Either way, he came off looking like a total jerk while the reporter came away looking like an undeserved victim.

Not that Crean cares. Bullies rarely do.

BTW, I'm not a Crean basher historically. I appreciate what he did to help revive our program, although I never thought he was a great floor coach. I especially appreciate that he hired Buzz.

If you're not a Crean basher you shouldn't have posted. Clearly you are.

That was not bad at all.

Like Chicos said, would you all be crapting yet pants if Buzz told off Mike Hunt in this fashion. Nope, you wouldn't. However, because you saw Crean's nose scrawl up it made you feel something deep down in your loins and you all get upset.

Here I am, defending Chicos.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2013, 07:50:50 PM »

That was not bad at all.

Like Chicos said, would you all be crapting yet pants if Buzz told off Mike Hunt in this fashion. Nope, you wouldn't. However, because you saw Crean's nose scrawl up it made you feel something deep down in your loins and you all get upset.

The word "historically" would imply that he fully understood he was bashing Crean at the present moment even though he generally does not bash him. 

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2013, 07:56:46 PM »
Fish gotta swim, bird gotta fly...

tiger gotta sleep, bird gotta land...
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2013, 08:04:57 PM »
tiger gotta sleep, bird gotta land...

Amen, brother.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2013, 08:27:17 PM »
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=791.0

Apparently, I thought Crean was a 'work in progress' as a game coach way back in December 2006.   Which is another way of saying the same thing I said in this thread.    I don't dislike the guy. He does a lot of things well.  I never had any interaction with him.   I appreciate all he did at MU.   I'm not bitter that he left for IU.   I just don't think he has progressed as a game coach since I said that in 2006.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2013, 08:28:09 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2013, 09:42:31 PM »

That was not bad at all.

If I have a negative opinion about something a person did, that means I'm a "basher"? I don't get on every anti-Crean thread and pile on. Nor do I go on pro-Crean threads and rip him just to be contrary. And I never have gotten on Chicos for defending Crean, whom he obviously likes; I didn't do that here, either. What I have said is just what I said here: I am thankful that Crean came to Marquette when we needed him and equally happy that he hired Buzz, whom I consider a superior coach.

Bobby Knight is a bad human being, and I will scream that from the mountaintops. Which makes me a Bobby-basher. I am NOT a Crean-basher, just a guy who happened to have an opinion about him going after this reporter without even being provoked -- he literally interrupted another reporter asking a question to bully a guy who was just standing there. And yes, if Buzz did the same thing to Hunt or any other reporter, I'd express my view that he was unprofessional.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2013, 10:59:54 PM »
Relax. Respect the Process.

feedback