Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: You guys will love this - Flow Chart for Crean-Era Hoosiers  (Read 11336 times)

MauraDay

• Team Captain
You guys will love this - Flow Chart for Crean-Era Hoosiers
« on: January 16, 2013, 10:25:15 AM »
Sorry if this belongs in SuperBar, and sorry for stirring up all of the Crean haters, but I couldn't resist sharing this: http://royhobbson.tumblr.com/post/40682987705/the-crean-era-hoosiers-in-flow-chart-form

tower912

• All American
Re: You guys will love this - Flow Chart for Crean-Era Hoosiers
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 10:35:24 AM »
In other words, Crean has not fixed the flaws he had at MU, he just has better players. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 10:40:34 AM »
That sounds about right...
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 10:52:04 AM »
Looks like Hoosier fans have TC figured out very nicely. 

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 10:58:49 AM »
Coaching intelligence can at times be overstated.

The guy who will end up with the most wins in the college game has played the laziest defensive scheme available. Great players win lots of games.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 11:08:49 AM »
Coaching intelligence can at times be overstated.

The guy who will end up with the most wins in the college game has played the laziest defensive scheme available. Great players win lots of games.

Sure he's no Bo Ryan when it comes to defense, but to call Buzz out for having the "laziest defensive scheme available" is just plain wrong.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 11:11:44 AM »
I think he means boeheim, the zone

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 11:29:48 AM »
Fess up.  Someone from this board did this flow chart.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 11:35:37 AM »
I think he means boeheim, the zone

I don't see any way Boeheim ever catches K. Three years older than K and will probably retire sooner. I don't think traveling to North Carolina for half his road games will suit him well. I give Boeheim 2 years, 4 tops, before he calls it quits. I think K will be around 5-10 more at Duke.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 11:38:52 AM »
Sure he's no Bo Ryan when it comes to defense, but to call Buzz out for having the "laziest defensive scheme available" is just plain wrong.

So well played.

jpvegas

• Walk-On
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 11:55:48 AM »
Crean may have set the record for fastest post-game handshake with Bo after the loss last night.

http://btn.com/2013/01/15/tom-crean-bo-ryan-share-hurried-handshake/

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 12:16:41 PM »
Without doubt Too Tan Tommy had diarrhea and was makin' a beeline for the throne.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 12:20:35 PM »
I blinked.   I saw a bronze blur.......
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 12:44:51 PM »
Apparently Tom Crean has been talking to his brother-in-law Jim Harbaugh about postgame handshakes.

Hilarious!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 06:48:58 PM »
I miss his golden drops of wisdom and retweets of Christian televangelists on my Twitter feed.

Absolutely nothing since pregame hype tweets.

Anyone know if there were some big name recruits in the house?
SS Marquette

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 07:05:50 PM »
Without doubt Too Tan Tommy had diarrhea and was makin' a beeline for the throne.

Disagree with you there.  He had been drinking too much of his new energy drink and needed to piss.  Had to stop drinking his Diet Cokes because he'd go through 8 a game and that wouldn't be healthy.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 12:49:36 PM »
In other words, Crean has not fixed the flaws he had at MU, he just has better players. 

People seem to be catching on to this fact...

"5. I'm going to start grouping Indiana and NC State together, because I'm notice a lot of similarities. One, both teams wear red. Two, both teams struggled against weak opponents (Northwestern, Clemson) on Sunday. Three, both have shown flashes of brilliant offense that mask an important truth: They're not actual contenders. Indiana is blessed with a very favorable early schedule in the Big Ten, but once February hits, it gets real ugly. That, in my mind, is when the weaknesses will start to reveal themselves. Chief among these is Tom Crean's baffling inability to make mid-game adjustments. I've never seen a Division I coach become so confused by a 1-3-1 defense, like when Northwestern unleashed it on Sunday. It came shockingly close to costing the Hoosiers a road win. As for State … well, the ACC is pretty awful, so they could dodge the reckoning for a while despite a shaky defense. But UNC is on the horizon, and I can already feel the inferiority complex start to swell …"

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/48092/the-hardcourt-shuffle-that-old-butler-magic-cuse-is-in-the-house

seakm4

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 01:08:30 PM »
We all know he's going to be the biggest disappointment in the family in 2 weeks.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 01:28:16 PM »
People seem to be catching on to this fact...

"5. I'm going to start grouping Indiana and NC State together, because I'm notice a lot of similarities. One, both teams wear red. Two, both teams struggled against weak opponents (Northwestern, Clemson) on Sunday. Three, both have shown flashes of brilliant offense that mask an important truth: They're not actual contenders. Indiana is blessed with a very favorable early schedule in the Big Ten, but once February hits, it gets real ugly. That, in my mind, is when the weaknesses will start to reveal themselves. Chief among these is Tom Crean's baffling inability to make mid-game adjustments. I've never seen a Division I coach become so confused by a 1-3-1 defense, like when Northwestern unleashed it on Sunday. It came shockingly close to costing the Hoosiers a road win. As for State … well, the ACC is pretty awful, so they could dodge the reckoning for a while despite a shaky defense. But UNC is on the horizon, and I can already feel the inferiority complex start to swell …"

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/48092/the-hardcourt-shuffle-that-old-butler-magic-cuse-is-in-the-house

The same Shane Ryan that picked NC State as #4 in the country and said Duke would be outside the top 10 back in November when the season started? 

Here was his evaluation of Duke: "Duke is ranked no. 8, second to the Wolfpack in the ACC, but I'm expecting something along the lines of a third- or fourth-place finish, a semifinal loss in the conference tournament, and a Sweet 16 berth at best."

LOL

That Shane Ryan...he knows hoops.   ::)

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 03:09:29 PM »
My nephew covers Northwestern and sent me the video of TC's post game press conference.  TC got very chippy with the a couple of questions 4 minutes in, folded up his papers and said good bye.

Man has some thin skin.....

tower912

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 03:11:57 PM »
 NC State did roll Duke head to head, so he isn't completely wrong.   I watched the IU-Northwestern game with some impartial observers.   As soon as Northwestern went to their 1-3-1, I called their run and IU's struggles.    I also predicted that IU would hold on.   My co-workers were impressed.     Crean is a good coach and I am glad that MU had him.    He is getting better players now and has a deeper, more balanced roster than he did at MU, but I have yet to see anything that convinces me that he has gotten better in-game.  

🏀

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 03:16:11 PM »
My nephew covers Northwestern and sent me the video of TC's post game press conference.  TC got very chippy with the a couple of questions 4 minutes in, folded up his papers and said good bye.

Man has some thin skin.....

Please share this.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 03:19:48 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 03:56:32 PM »
http://northwestern.scout.com/2/1259473.html

Mentioned here, too.   

Right near the end, the reporter opines:

Thanks to a detailed scouting report and thorough preparations, Bill Carmody had his Northwestern team ready to play. His decisions were concise and timely—affording the Wildcats a chance.

Interesting take. Because early in the column, he had written:

Out of the gates, the Wildcats looked lost. The offense had no rhythm and the team lacked life. They were lucky to trail by just 14 at halftime. But the first stanza exposed what Carmody could do to counter the Hoosiers.

OK, so did the Wildcats look lost or were they ready to play thanks to thorough preparations? How "timely" were Carmody's decisions given that he didn't even employ the 1-3-1 until IU had a huge lead?

Yes, I know what the reporter -- a Northwestern shill -- meant to say was that Carmody made second-half adjustments to outcoach Crean, who later got testy with the media and said:

They took advantage of our mistakes. That’s what Northwestern does better than anybody in the country.

Please. The only thing "Northwestern does better than anybody in the country" is fail to make the NCAA tournament. It is the only BCS-conference school that has found the way to miss the Dance forever.

I have watched both Carmody and Crean a lot over the years and I've always considered both to be overrated.

I'd take Buzz over both of them put together. Seriously.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mumike22

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 04:25:34 PM »
Here is the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgsVQQM8jGc

Normal press conference until 4:00 mark then he gets snippy.