'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MU82
[Today at 12:03:03 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz was miserable during the Suspension  (Read 8935 times)

lab_warrior

• All American
Re: Buzz was miserable during the Suspension
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2013, 07:47:48 AM »
Christ, let's not go back here again.  At least wait for the season to end.

Don't think that will happen.

Some folks can never get enough quote/word parsing, conspiracy
mongering, baseless hatred of the AD, and, most of all, needless
concern trolling on here.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2013, 08:30:27 AM »
I read all the comments to this point and then, just now, read Katz's article. A few observations:

1. It isn't even remotely a "hit piece" as one poster claimed. It is an interview of Buzz. Some folks here love to shoot the messenger. Here's a crazy notion: The thousands of media outlets out there don't have a vast anti-Marquette conspiracy. I know ... it's blasphemy for me to say that.

2. Even after reading the comments first, I didn't see anything Buzz said as an indication that he wants to leave Marquette. Some Scoopers have very active imaginations. Of course, some of them had Buzz at SMU by now.

3. I knew Buzz liked Cadougan but that quote about Cadougan really showed the level of appreciation and respect Buzz has for him. The PG is an extension of the coach, and it looks like these two are very close. It makes it all the more interesting Buzz's recent comments that he seriously considered benching Junior at one point.

4. I agree with the commenters who have said they like Buzz and very much want him to stay but that the program will be fine regardless. That's life in college basketball, where even the likes of Kansas, Kentucky and UCLA have seen coaches leave for other programs or the NBA. 

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2013, 08:59:51 AM »
"Williams, who grew up in Texas, romanticizes about the old Big East and is uncertain about what is to come in the new league. He's not thrilled with the change, but he understands the financial decisions being made."

We all feel that way. I think we all would like to see the Big East the way it was before Syracuse, the Huggie Bear and Pitt went splitsville.

And I'd like to have hair, weigh a little less and have the 23 year old version of my wife as well.

But part of life is moving on. The Big East as we know it no longer exists. Buzz has a good deal here with a solid, up-and-coming basketball program. If next year's recruits are as good as we hope they will be, we're a candidate to be one of the very best teams in the country. LW and Father Pilzrz show a commitment to the program and short of joining a conference with Whitewater, Superior and the University of SW North Dakota, we should be fine.

I'm looking forward to years and years of Buzz and Buzzisms!

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2013, 09:04:04 AM »
We all feel that way. I think we all would like to see the Big East the way it was before Syracuse, the Huggie Bear and Pitt went splitsville.

And I'd like to have hair, weigh a little less and have the 23 year old version of my wife as well.

But part of life is moving on. The Big East as we know it no longer exists. Buzz has a good deal here with a solid, up-and-coming basketball program. If next year's recruits are as good as we hope they will be, we're a candidate to be one of the very best teams in the country. LW and Father Pilzrz show a commitment to the program and short of joining a conference with Whitewater, Superior and the University of SW North Dakota, we should be fine.

I'm looking forward to years and years of Buzz and Buzzisms!

At least I still have my hair.

EnderWiggen

• Team Captain
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2013, 10:12:52 AM »
Yikes, just checked back on this thread and it seems to have grown a little out of control.  As I mentioned, I did not mean to imply Buzz was leaving or anything like that, just that I didn't like to hear that he was unhappy about things (although yes, I think we all would prefer the big east of old).  Sorry if my words got taken that way! 

/not wearing tin foil

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2013, 10:14:55 AM »
It's all your fault.

EnderWiggen

• Team Captain
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2013, 10:28:50 AM »
It's all your fault.

I'll go sit in the corner.....

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2013, 10:38:59 AM »

Why don't you critisize Buzz a little bit too, didn't he use the Tan one's recruits for the majority of his career? Isn't this the 2nd year with only his recruits alone

Please, please stop this BS. This is the 3rd year of only Buzz recruits.

Year 1: TC's recruits except for JFB
Year 2: Buzz's recruits except for Lazar, Acker and Coobie
Year 3: All Buzz (Sweet 16)
Year 4: All Buzz (Sweet 16)
This year: All Buzz

TC left Buzz a very good team for year 1, one stud and 2 role players for year 2 and nothing for years 3 and 4. The "Ferrari" was on a one year lease. Buzz got a Chevy in year two and a bus ticket in years three and four.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2013, 01:51:08 PM »
You're a babbling idiot.
This is a serious board...no funnies.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2013, 08:50:28 AM »
At least I still have my hair.

Having hair is overrated!