[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: This team is telling us something  (Read 4320 times)

NotAnAlum

• All American
This team is telling us something
« on: December 19, 2012, 09:28:03 PM »
All those close games against cupcakes and now this.  This team has some real problems that are going to continue to plaque them.
Junior has never been able to reach the level of our prior point guard leaders and now he isn't able to become the senior leader.
CO isn't going to lead anything.  Lockett good rebounder but no shot and no leadership.  Theres the senior class.
Wilson has great talent but doesn't concentrate and is too up and down.
If you had to have a 3 to win your only real choice is Vander and he is not a 3 point shooter.  The rest of them I would have very little confidence of making a 3, they just aren't good outside shooters.
I'm not as disappointed in this loss as say DePaul a few years ago because this MU team is simply not very good.  They remind me of a Providence or Seton Hall team.  They could beat a good team if they got hot but they will lose most of their games.  The guys who think this can become a Tournement team, I'm sorry I just don't see it.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: This team is telling us something
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 09:29:52 PM »
All those close games against cupcakes and now this.  This team has some real problems that are going to continue to plaque them.

Good thing Marquette has so many grads that went to Dental School.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 09:34:04 PM »
I like Vander Blue a whole lot, but if he is your go to guy (which he is right now), you're probably not going to have a great year.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 09:34:56 PM »
if one more person says something about leadership im going to lose it. no one knows piss about the internal dynamics of this team and what leadership means. youre just using it as a cover to say you want the players to be better at putting the ball into the hoop. thats not leadership, thats isolation offense. just say that.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 09:35:08 PM »
It's looking ugly for this year's team.  The biggest issue:

We have a backcourt in Junior and Vander who are either really good, or really bad. When both go bad in the same game, we are awful.  Neither Junior nor Van is consistent in what they give you...have no idea what you are going to get...

This team will struggle against zones all year because it takes away what Junior and Van do best - penetrate - and forces them to do what they historically do worst:  shoot from the perimeter.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 09:35:44 PM »

A DDS gives them cache.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 09:37:12 PM »

Not much escapes you, Brew.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 09:39:58 PM »
It's looking ugly for this year's team.  The biggest issue:

We have a backcourt in Junior and Vander who are either really good, or really bad. When both go bad in the same game, we are awful.  Neither Junior nor Van is consistent in what they give you...have no idea what you are going to get...

This team will struggle against zones all year because it takes away what Junior and Van do best - penetrate - and forces them to do what they historically do worst:  shoot from the perimeter.

Jake Thomas hasn't been what he was supposed to be on offense (great 3pt shooter), or defense (a liability).

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 09:42:42 PM »
Jake Thomas hasn't been what he was supposed to be on offense (great 3pt shooter), or defense (a liability).

Who was actually counting on Thomas to contribute on offense??  I'm shocked he's even getting playing time.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 09:45:28 PM »
Who was actually counting on Thomas to contribute on offense??  I'm shocked he's even getting playing time.

Some of us thought that he would be the answer to a zone.  Maybe he should wear his South Dakota shorts under his MU shorts like Michael Jordan used to wear his UNC shorts under his Bull's shorts.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 09:48:55 PM »
Wilson has great talent but doesn't concentrate and is too up and down.

His shooting stretch in the first half was impressive.  But I still can't believe how soft he is.  With all the jumpers he seems to be auditioning for the role we would have wanted for Jake Thomas this year as a shooter but not much else, which is a far cry from filling Crowder's shoes.  

I'm not as disappointed in this loss as say DePaul a few years ago because this MU team is simply not very good.  They remind me of a Providence or Seton Hall team.  They could beat a good team if they got hot but they will lose most of their games.  The guys who think this can become a Tournement team, I'm sorry I just don't see it.

I know what you mean.  With this team I haven't had the feeling I've had at the high points that gets me excited or the low points that gives me ressurance.  Just don't think we have it unless Mayo is somehow the missing link or Buzz can pull his most impressive job yet.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 09:50:12 PM »
Not much escapes you, Brew.

If you can't have fun, what are the Internets for?  8-)
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 09:56:37 PM »
I guess we are due for a down year.  Pitt had one last year.  Nova has had a couple.  The future is bright with the incoming class.  And hopefully that class will bring some toughness this team lacks.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 10:44:19 PM »
if one more person says something about leadership im going to lose it. no one knows piss about the internal dynamics of this team and what leadership means. youre just using it as a cover to say you want the players to be better at putting the ball into the hoop. thats not leadership, thats isolation offense. just say that.

+1. Can we next hear about how the players lack "fire" and "heart"?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 11:02:48 PM »
This team has interesting parts....and can give MU match-up advantages. It has talent to be very good.  We all thought they would be great with Mayo and TJT as shooters-scorers. We were happy to have our bigs back healthy. Many felt Lockett could give us double digit points. Jamil is so athletic you can see the potential oozing out to be that next NBA switchable. Steve Taylor gives MU that face-up power forward that great teams have. This is an experienced team with key pieces back.  Yes, Jae and DJO would be missed...but the sum of the whole seemed larger.

Something isn't gelling, though. Is it the new coaching staff who needs time? Too much off the court drama? Too many conference distractions?  I have to say, I never thought I would see a Buzz team play like they did at Florida for a long time...until tonight.  So soon, so bad. LSU turnaround is quick...too quick for changes.  This is a season on the brink. My guess is Buzz swings it around...remembering that teams improve the most efficiency wise over break.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 11:10:36 PM »
Simply not a real good team. I don't what anybody has seen to date to suggest otherwise.

I've wanted to be wrong about that for a month now, but the lads don't have quite enough to make it so.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 11:12:10 PM »
+1. Can we next hear about how the players lack "fire" and "heart"?

With how many 50-50 balls they lost tonight, that's not an unfair question.

I don't know about heart, but toughness is lacking.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 05:15:43 AM »
Not cache, a DDS gives tham cash.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 05:54:37 AM »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback