[Today at 06:17:14 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:59:32 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 03:28:57 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by Jay Bee
[Today at 03:22:56 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Louisville leaving for ACC  (Read 18318 times)

MURFC

• Team Captain
Louisville leaving for ACC
« on: November 27, 2012, 11:14:46 PM »
per ESPN....however, no offers being made to UCONN or Cincinnati at this point.

GoldenZebra

• All American
Re: Louisville leaving for ACC
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 11:17:29 PM »
Still sucks A LOT.

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 11:22:48 PM »
They are voting for candidates.

It may be entirely possible that more than one will receive the 75% of votes needed to become a member.  Likely that happens?  No.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:24:50 PM by Warriors10 »

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 11:31:43 PM »
What a mess.  Well 15 yrs of real building of the athletic program taking a big hit.  thanks for trying wild, cords, c ham, crean, buzz.

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 11:49:43 PM »
I see nothing of this on espn

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 11:53:53 PM »
One vote shy...formal vote tomorrow.  Cluster

http://atlanticcoastconfidential.com/

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 11:59:53 PM »
supposedly conf call at 7 am tomorrow to confirm UL

Marqus Howard

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 01:41:22 AM »
It sucks for the Big East and Marquette, but if I were the ACC, I'd be making the same move. I really hope we find somewhere else to move. I know someone else mentioned in a different thread the possibility of the basketball schools voting to disband the Big East -- is that no longer a possibility because of Tulane and ECU?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 05:44:22 AM »
The basketball schools need I believe a two-thirds majority to disband. There are currently 7 of us. With Louisville leaving, UConn, South Florida, and Cincinnati are all that's left. I don't believe Temple gets a vote until they are confirmed as full members. We could vote to disband at any time until another member joins fully, but with Temple, it's a small window.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 05:57:14 AM »
I better not EVER hear about the "presitigious" academic schools of the ACC if they are taking UL and their 22% overall grad rate. This whole thing is just absolutely disgusting. The fans, the rivalries, the season ticket holders of every single one of these schools, and most of all the STUDENT athletes are the ones that suffer most from all thsi greed from University presidents. Funny, how in reality, all those things mentioned above in my post are what pays the bills for these schools, isn't it?? Nothing like biting the hand that feeds you.

This is all so disgusting, it literally makes me sick to my stomach. Greed....it's what drives America. That's REALLY sad.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 07:20:30 AM »
Glad this board thinks it's the end of the world.  This board is never right about these things.

We'll be fine.  We've been in four different conferences in the last 15 years.  Every-time we do ok.  The fifth conference will be more of the same.

Again, the schools that are screwed are the mediocre football schools like Cincy and Uconn.  Not the basketball schools only schools.  We are not "burdened" with a so-so football program.

And don't think the ACC is secure.  The Big 10, Big 12 and SEC are still trying to poach.  If UNC leaves, the ACC is just another version of the Big East.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 07:32:09 AM »
Glad this board thinks it's the end of the world.  This board is never right about these things.

We'll be fine.  We've been in four different conferences in the last 15 years.  Every-time we do ok.  The fifth conference will be more of the same.

Again, the schools that are screwed are the mediocre football schools like Cincy and Uconn.  Not the basketball schools only schools.  We are not "burdened" with a so-so football program.

And don't think the ACC is secure.  The Big 10, Big 12 and SEC are still trying to poach.  If UNC leaves, the ACC is just another version of the Big East.

Agreed.  +1

Let's get 'er done and form a basketball only powerhouse league.  The league would gets lots of attention as an elite, bball only conference.  One to be reckoned with.  Might happen in the next 30-45 days.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 07:32:56 AM »
Messes things up a little for the moment, as a UConn pick would have triggered potential UL & UC to the Big 12 movement.  Though UConn is probably the next move if the ACC loses FSU or if they just decide they want more. 

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 07:37:58 AM »
Moving to Big 12 is best move. 
Try to Convince Creighton to come with so Big 12 can get the Omaha market back with a team that sells out almost all of it's games. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 07:44:21 AM »
The basketball schools need I believe a two-thirds majority to disband. There are currently 7 of us. With Louisville leaving, UConn, South Florida, and Cincinnati are all that's left. I don't believe Temple gets a vote until they are confirmed as full members. We could vote to disband at any time until another member joins fully, but with Temple, it's a small window.

I actually heard they need two schools to leave to have the 2/3 majority needed.  I think Temple has a vote because they are currently in the conference for football.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 07:45:20 AM »
Moving to Big 12 is best move. 
Try to Convince Creighton to come with so Big 12 can get the Omaha market back with a team that sells out almost all of it's games. 

Right.  Then Marquette can start breeding unicorns that sh*t gold bricks too....

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 08:11:21 AM »
I am actually happy to hear; even though it sucks for us.  Now is the time for those Providence Italians to form the Catholic Conference.

MileHigh

• Team Captain
  • Go Warriors!
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 08:12:28 AM »
It's time for us to find a new home so every time another school leaves from the Big East, we don't need to worry about our future.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 08:13:43 AM »
I hope everyone is ready for the turd sandwich we are all going to have to eat.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 08:13:53 AM »
so when do hear the first recruit has second thoughts as they signed up to play Big East level of competition and now they are not going to get that?

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 08:16:05 AM »
I wonder how those ESPN/NBC Sports TV Rights negotiations are going?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 08:37:11 AM »
I better not EVER hear about the "presitigious" academic schools of the ACC if they are taking UL and their 22% overall grad rate. This whole thing is just absolutely disgusting. The fans, the rivalries, the season ticket holders of every single one of these schools, and most of all the STUDENT athletes are the ones that suffer most from all thsi greed from University presidents. Funny, how in reality, all those things mentioned above in my post are what pays the bills for these schools, isn't it?? Nothing like biting the hand that feeds you.

This is all so disgusting, it literally makes me sick to my stomach. Greed....it's what drives America. That's REALLY sad.

Stability is key here.  Greed may be part of it, but ultimately these schools are looking for stability.  Can't blame them one bit.  We knew this was coming many years ago.

On the academic side, the UNC and Duke grads at work are very pissed but they also knew this was coming.  The only conference that can really keep the academics in check and the athletics is the Big Ten.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 08:38:37 AM »
I wonder how those ESPN/NBC Sports TV Rights negotiations are going?

They are negotiating beyond those two entities.  To say they are challenging is an understatement.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 08:40:23 AM »
Not a matter of if, but when, UNC is going to the Big 10. No idea who the 16th team will be, but lots of chatter about UNC leaving.