'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: How many of you use Facebook?  (Read 4849 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
How many of you use Facebook?
« on: July 21, 2007, 04:02:41 AM »
Because I ran across a MoAck Facebook site and this pic:

Mo (bottom left), McNeal (top right), Jeremy (Jerel's bro, bottom right)

There are some more pics of him and the homies. See for yourself.

EDIT: Here's a Coobey site...doesn't he look like Chris Tucker from Friday?!?

« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 04:07:57 AM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: How many of you use Facebook?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 09:02:21 AM »
(fingers crossed) let's hope there's nothing on there about being the world's best poker player.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 02:16:34 PM »
if you want to stalk, then stalk. but don't let the whole world know that you stalk, c'mon. that's what freshmen girls do. hahahah

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 02:59:42 PM »
if you want to stalk, then stalk. but don't let the whole world know that you stalk, c'mon. that's what freshmen girls do. hahahah

It's not like that. I was on Facebook because an MU grad invited me. I saw that he  and some friends were members of Marquette clubs...this led me to a various number of Marquette Facebook sites which seemed to have been created for a particular moment...then that's when I saw player's "pages" - many of which were created by the player themself or by a fan (a la MySpace).

I just think it's incredible what you can find on the web...and how athletes - in this case - need to be more vigilant of their activities.

Think of it: as an athlete, you could get drunk at a frat party and get into a scrum...back in the 1960s. Nowadays, someone just has to whip out a cellphone and record the damn thing and "BAM!" it's on the 'net.
SS Marquette

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 03:29:17 AM »
quote from 77ncaachamps: "I was on Facebook because an MU grad invited me."

I'm pretty sure all it takes is an email address to get on facebook these days pal
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 03:32:03 AM by muhoosier260 »

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 08:29:01 AM »
doesn't mean he would be on if noone invited him.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 09:31:18 AM »
Bottom line...its OK to browse around facebook, lookin at proflies, pictures, etc...However, to then post those pictures (that arent even yours to begin with) of other people on a message board, that is pretty wierd/stalker-ish.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 10:07:43 AM »
I disagree.  It's a service to post them instead of forcing people to register on the site to see them.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 10:29:11 AM »
I could understand if these were pictures from, for example, games or awards banquet, etc. that were restricted for some reason, but these are pictures of them hanging out with their friends, as most facebook pictures are!!

Are you really that big of a fan where you need to post/see pictures of them hanging out and being college students?

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 12:41:56 PM »
I could understand if these were pictures from, for example, games or awards banquet, etc. that were restricted for some reason, but these are pictures of them hanging out with their friends, as most facebook pictures are!!

Are you really that big of a fan where you need to post/see pictures of them hanging out and being college students?

I live on the West Coast and never get to see ANY Marquette games. I bleed Blue and Gold. News I get about MU BKB is all from the web, tv, print, etc. And I DON'T hang out with MU players.

But those have nothing to do with the freedom of world wide web. If you want to post something on the web, consider it accessible to ANYONE. So you'd be stupid to put up anything that may be used by others.

Heck, most of the bio information on MUScoop's WIKI comes from the web! And some of that stuff is personal!!!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 12:43:59 PM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 08:42:59 PM »
Ousmane Barro is my facebook friend... DJames, McNeal and Matthews all denied me... but Barro, he accepted me, does that count for anything?
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 08:03:42 AM »
What are the hand signals the gentlemen are making? Excuse my lack of homieness.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 08:12:18 AM »
Ousmane Barro is my facebook friend... DJames, McNeal and Matthews all denied me... but Barro, he accepted me, does that count for anything?

nope cuz i'm friends w/ the whole team!! lol

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 10:55:12 AM »
What are the hand signals the gentlemen are making? Excuse my lack of homieness.

McNeal looks to have good form on his "shocker" gesture but the man to his right is leaving it a little loose.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 12:38:26 PM »

McNeal looks to have good form on his "shocker" gesture but the man to his right is leaving it a little loose.

He'd have his index and middle finger together if he was doing the "shocker" (i'd say the little diddy that goes w/ it but I won't)...i'd guess east side for something or other

Phi Iota Gamma 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 02:21:39 PM »
Are the players of age.....you can see the tops of some catsup and mustard bottles in the background????
There is nothing less productive than doing more efficiently that which should not be done at all-Peter Drucker

SqueallyDRyan

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 02:23:53 PM »
sucks you got denied... i'm friends with all of them...ouch
It's not the size of your Diener; its how you use it

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 02:47:11 PM »

He'd have his index and middle finger together if he was doing the "shocker" (i'd say the little diddy that goes w/ it but I won't)...i'd guess east side for something or other

That's the traditional way. Of course, depending on which side of the town the lady is from she may be looking for filling elsewhere.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 04:45:38 PM »

That's the traditional way. Of course, depending on which side of the town the lady is from she may be looking for filling elsewhere.

one in the p___
3 in the st___    :o   8)

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007, 06:14:01 PM »
dang, that's a lot in the st___!

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 06:21:16 PM »
http://www.forbes.com/home/technology/2007/07/20/facebook-myspace-internet-tech-cz_ccm_0723class.html

Thanks for the read, Chico.

I have a Facebook only. I think MySpace is so glutted with crap and 9 y.o. who pretend they're 15 or 16 and don't know any etiquette of using the net.

Plus, it's more tasteful.
SS Marquette