[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: $$$$$$$$$ talks and BS walks  (Read 7814 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Pakuni

• All American
Re: $$$$$$$$$ talks and BS walks
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 10:48:00 PM »
Ha!

First, Gupta is not a CNN pollster (not that Free Republic would ever get its facts wrong). Rather, Gupta heads a marketing company called Info USA Inc.. That company last year purchased a CNN -contrated polling firm named Opinion Research, which had already been in business with CNN at the time.
Calling Gupta a CNN pollster is akin to calling Bill Gates an XBox programmer.

Secondly, the story reagrding Gupta's links to the Clintons is more than six weeks old. And who first reported it?
Free Republic? Nope.
Newsmax? Nope.
FoxNews? Negative.

Well, by golly, it was the New York Times and Washington Post. Liberal bias strikes again!

augoman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 01:16:33 AM »
how can the guy who owns a company doing polling for cnn, not be labeled a cnn pollster?  most of your arguments seem to be simple semantics. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 01:27:27 AM »
Ha!

First, Gupta is not a CNN pollster (not that Free Republic would ever get its facts wrong). Rather, Gupta heads a marketing company called Info USA Inc.. That company last year purchased a CNN -contrated polling firm named Opinion Research, which had already been in business with CNN at the time.
Calling Gupta a CNN pollster is akin to calling Bill Gates an XBox programmer.

Secondly, the story reagrding Gupta's links to the Clintons is more than six weeks old. And who first reported it?
Free Republic? Nope.
Newsmax? Nope.
FoxNews? Negative.

Well, by golly, it was the New York Times and Washington Post. Liberal bias strikes again!

Ahem...actually Free Republic had it more than 6 weeks ago, before even the NY Times Pakuni.  Nice try.  What I was linking was the actual donation amounts...but those, too, were actually put on Free Republic several MONTHS AGO.  I just happened to link THIS STORY.  And yes, we are all aware of InfoUSA.

In fact the first Gupta story on Free Republic appeared October 2nd...2005!!!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1495135/posts

Now, it's good to see the NY Times got around to a story 6 weeks ago, but Free Republic has been talking about this slimeball for almost 2 years now.  It's funny how that seems to work out so many times....liberal press protecting liberal politicians.  Shocking...shocking.

And finally....one of your lovely periodicals you defend so constantly...the Washington Compost...err the Washington Post identified Gupta's firm as....wait for it....CNN's POLLSTER.  So apparently the Compost got it wrong  too.   ::)  They refer to the connection (conflict of interest) as...I quote..."CNN cited results of an Opinion Research poll that showed Hillary Clinton gaining momentum among liberal voters, without disclosing that the pollster is owned by a company whose owner is working to elect her." and "CNN polls are jointly distributed under the heading `CNN\Opinion Research Corporation Poll' in which ORC performs the polling service for CNN"

I don't know how that can be construed any other way then CNN's Pollster which is Opinion Research

Carry on.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 01:39:25 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 09:01:47 AM »
how can the guy who owns a company doing polling for cnn, not be labeled a cnn pollster?  most of your arguments seem to be simple semantics. 

No, it's not simple semantics. It's being truthful with the words we choose.
Labeling Gupta "CNN's pollster" implies he conducts polls for CNN. This is not true.  It's no more true than suggesting Miller CEO Tom Long personally brews each case of Lite.
Rather, Gupta owns a company that - prior to his purchase - had a polling relationship with CNN; a relationship unchanged by his purchase.
The Free Republic folks chose to indentify Gupta as CNN's pollster to establish the appearance of an unseemly relationship between the two.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 09:11:54 AM »

Ahem...actually Free Republic had it more than 6 weeks ago, before even the NY Times Pakuni.  Nice try.  What I was linking was the actual donation amounts...but those, too, were actually put on Free Republic several MONTHS AGO.  I just happened to link THIS STORY.  And yes, we are all aware of InfoUSA.

In fact the first Gupta story on Free Republic appeared October 2nd...2005!!!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1495135/posts

Now, it's good to see the NY Times got around to a story 6 weeks ago, but Free Republic has been talking about this slimeball for almost 2 years now.  It's funny how that seems to work out so many times....liberal press protecting liberal politicians.  Shocking...shocking.

And finally....one of your lovely periodicals you defend so constantly...the Washington Compost...err the Washington Post identified Gupta's firm as....wait for it....CNN's POLLSTER.  So apparently the Compost got it wrong  too.   ::)  They refer to the connection (conflict of interest) as...I quote..."CNN cited results of an Opinion Research poll that showed Hillary Clinton gaining momentum among liberal voters, without disclosing that the pollster is owned by a company whose owner is working to elect her." and "CNN polls are jointly distributed under the heading `CNN\Opinion Research Corporation Poll' in which ORC performs the polling service for CNN"

I don't know how that can be construed any other way then CNN's Pollster which is Opinion Research

Carry on.

Actually, Free Republic didn't have it before the New York Times. Free Republic merely linked a New York Post story. Once again, liberal media bias in full effect.

As for the Post, please cite where they describe Gupta as "CNN's pollster." Because the quote above says exactly what I've been saying" Gupta owns a company that owns a company which conducts CNN's polls.
As I've already noted, labeling Gupta CNN's pollster is intentionally misleading readers to believe Gupta actively conducts polling for the network, which is no more accurate than saying Bill Gates is XBox's programmer.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 09:24:23 AM by Pakuni »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 01:01:18 PM »
Well since you seem to believe that some Republican CEO at a news organization somehow controls the news for that organization, I'm just applying your standard that the CEO of this polling company must control the polling for the polling company.

;)

Seriously, you don't find it a bit ridiculous that a polling company used by CNN has it's CEO pumping more than a MILLION dollars into a campaign for a Presidential candidate?  We're not talking about a $2400 donation here, we're talking about more than a million dollars.

Now, for Free Republic....I'm sure I could do a search that goes even deeper with some other findings they have on their own.  These are the people that broke the Dan Rather story on their own with the faked memos.  These are the people that exposed crAP (AP) on the bogus Clinton - Bush story in Milwaukee during the 2004 election rally, these are the people that have come through on many occassions and just torpedoed some of the nonsense the media put out there.  Maybe you find that objectionable, I find it quiet noble.  While the media is out there trying to be the people's eyes on government, there needs to be people watching the media...and that's what many of these folks do and at many other sites.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 01:35:36 PM »
Well since you seem to believe that some Republican CEO at a news organization somehow controls the news for that organization, I'm just applying your standard that the CEO of this polling company must control the polling for the polling company.

;)

Seriously, you don't find it a bit ridiculous that a polling company used by CNN has it's CEO pumping more than a MILLION dollars into a campaign for a Presidential candidate?  We're not talking about a $2400 donation here, we're talking about more than a million dollars.

Gupta has not poured over a million dollars into any presidential campaign. That would be very illegal, given that the maximum individual contribution under federal law is $1,000 per year. If you know something different, please contact the FEC.

Gupta also has given to George Voinovich, Doug Bereuter, Tom Osborne, Chuck Hagel, Mike DeWine, Darrell Issa, Kit Bond, Lee Terry, the National Republican Congressional Committee and the National Republican Senatorial Committee.
Free Republic didn't see fit to mention those donations, however. Probably an oversight on their part.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 01:38:48 PM by Pakuni »

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 01:45:35 PM »
Free Republic is a very conservative blog----like the liberal media (NBC, CNN, ABC, Cbs NYT, WP, La Times, etc----they are going to talk their bias!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 02:22:42 AM »
Not quite that simple Pakuni.  $1000 for the primaries, then another $1000 for the general election.  Then you have your spouse, your kids, etc and then of course we have the PACs.   As shown on a number of websites, it's legal to actually donate up to $34,000 per candidate by one individual using today's loopholes.

Now, that's "direct" donations.  Let's not forget what Mr. Gupta is accused of doing.  Including giving a $3 million "consulting" contract to former President Clinton to bypass the rules.  This is why the FEC is involved in the first place so I don't need to alert them at all.

Shareholders are suing him for the $2.1 million he gave Clinton to "consult" and the other $1.2 million he has still promised him.  We haven't even factored in yet the use of the private jet for the Clintons, the vacation homes, etc.

That comes out to a bit more than $1000.00 donation.

We haven't even talked about Nancy Pelosi's son (Paul)...the Loan Officer at Countrywide Home Loans who apparently is so talented he can hold two jobs at once...including being a Senior Vice President at InfoUsa (hired 4 weeks after Pelosi became Speaker) for the tidy sum of $180,000 a year.  Who knew that  Loan Officer for mortgages could be so valuable to Mr. Gupta's firm as well...so valuable to hold two jobs at one time.   ::)

And yes, Gupta has given about $3300 to the candidates you mention (though I can't find Issa, Bond, Terry on the list anywhere).  $3300 vs MILLIONS.  Ok.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 08:41:43 AM »
Not quite that simple Pakuni.  $1000 for the primaries, then another $1000 for the general election.  Then you have your spouse, your kids, etc and then of course we have the PACs.   As shown on a number of websites, it's legal to actually donate up to $34,000 per candidate by one individual using today's loopholes.

Now, that's "direct" donations.  Let's not forget what Mr. Gupta is accused of doing.  Including giving a $3 million "consulting" contract to former President Clinton to bypass the rules.  This is why the FEC is involved in the first place so I don't need to alert them at all.

Shareholders are suing him for the $2.1 million he gave Clinton to "consult" and the other $1.2 million he has still promised him.  We haven't even factored in yet the use of the private jet for the Clintons, the vacation homes, etc.

That comes out to a bit more than $1000.00 donation.

We haven't even talked about Nancy Pelosi's son (Paul)...the Loan Officer at Countrywide Home Loans who apparently is so talented he can hold two jobs at once...including being a Senior Vice President at InfoUsa (hired 4 weeks after Pelosi became Speaker) for the tidy sum of $180,000 a year.  Who knew that  Loan Officer for mortgages could be so valuable to Mr. Gupta's firm as well...so valuable to hold two jobs at one time.   ::)

And yes, Gupta has given about $3300 to the candidates you mention (though I can't find Issa, Bond, Terry on the list anywhere).  $3300 vs MILLIONS.  Ok.

Just admit you were wrong and that Gupta has not given MILLIONS to the Clinton campaign.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 10:19:50 AM »
Pakuni, if a coach recruited a kid to come to his state, say 5 states away and all of a sudden this dad and mom had plush jobs in the same state waiting for them, technically you would say the school didn't buy that recruit.

Common sense tells you they did.   Gupta gave millions to Clinton by skirting the FEC laws (both sides do it).

People aren't naive, that's the reality of the situation.  Just as Paul Pelosi wouldn't be working two jobs and making almost $200K a year if his mom wasn't Nancy.

feedback