Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Vancouver, eh?  (Read 4791 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Vancouver, eh?
« on: July 16, 2007, 02:26:09 PM »
Game information:

Sept. 1 - MU vs. "Moult Athletic" .. which after some googling .. I still have no idea who they are. Looks like an Athletic Apparel company, maybe like the Nike All-Star teams we played in years past. Game is at noon (PST).

Sept. 2 - MU vs. Douglas College Royals, 10am (PST).

Sounds like a couple of barn-burners. The Douglas Royals are gluttons for punishment .. playing 4 games in 3 days, vs. Idaho, MU, Boise State, and then Oklahoma.

For game dates and times and ticket information call Douglas College at 604-527-5513.

Full Release: http://www.douglas.bc.ca/csrw/athletics.html

As always, you can see the entire 2007-8 schedule, as it's known, at the 2007-8 Season page of the MU Wiki.  http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/men_s_basketball/2007

muwarrior87

• All American
Re: Vancouver, eh?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 03:00:03 PM »
I don't know how well Douglas plays basketball but boy do they have some lookers on that team. Haven't seen that many ugly white kids w/ fro's and bad facial hair for a long time.

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 05:25:41 PM »
Game information:

Sept. 1 - MU vs. "Moult Athletic" .. which after some googling .. I still have no idea who they are. Looks like an Athletic Apparel company, maybe like the Nike All-Star teams we played in years past. Game is at noon (PST).

Sept. 2 - MU vs. Douglas College Royals, 10am (PST).

Sounds like a couple of barn-burners. The Douglas Royals are gluttons for punishment .. playing 4 games in 3 days, vs. Idaho, MU, Boise State, and then Oklahoma.

For game dates and times and ticket information call Douglas College at 604-527-5513.

Full Release: http://www.douglas.bc.ca/csrw/athletics.html

As always, you can see the entire 2007-8 schedule, as it's known, at the 2007-8 Season page of the MU Wiki.  http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/men_s_basketball/2007

Can't wait for the meltdown when Boise State beats Douglas by more points then MU.  :P

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 05:44:50 PM »
Moult Athletics:

A member of the WCBL (West Coast Basketball League) and seemingly based at or about the city of Richmond, BC, Canada.

"The West Coast Basketball League, developed in 1998, proudly features many of the top adult men's basketball players in the Lower Mainland, who have competed at the college, university, national team and semi-pro levels.

League Information:
The season runs from October-March with 18 offical regular season games played on Sundays
All games will be played by modified NCAA rules"

They were 6-12 in their 7 team league last year (with one player on the second all-league team).  They were 11-7 the year before and lead the league in win/loss ratio the year before that (14-2) but not sure if they won or even played in the championship game of the league.

The league website seems to be:
http://eteamz.active.com/wcoasthoops

Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Tommy Brice for Coach

• Team Captain
  • Tommy Brice is my hero
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 08:43:12 PM »
I don't know how well Douglas plays basketball but boy do they have some lookers on that team. Haven't seen that many ugly white kids w/ fro's and bad facial hair for a long time.

Oh man, you weren't kidding

:D :D :D

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 02:32:35 PM »
i know, that's not even pugly or kinda ugly, or even fugly for that matter. That's just straight ugly ugly.

BuzzSucksSucks

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 02:46:14 PM »
These last few posts have been real winners.  I'm embarrassed.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 02:51:46 PM »
wtf, mate?? it's summer and we gotta talk about something. just commenting on looks of our opponents.  :)

BuzzSucksSucks

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 02:59:46 PM »
Yeah, I know.. But there are reasons why we shouldn't engage in this lowball stuff.  One, it's poor taste.  Two, it gives them locker room bulletin-board material.  We wouldn't want this guy lighting us up for 30.  Three, he's better looking than me.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 03:38:14 PM »
Yeah, I know.. But there are reasons why we shouldn't engage in this lowball stuff.  One, it's poor taste.  Two, it gives them locker room bulletin-board material.  We wouldn't want this guy lighting us up for 30.  Three, he's better looking than me.

Then you must be reeeeeeeaaaaaaallllyyyyy ugly.  :P

BuzzSucksSucks

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 04:16:20 PM »
You know you have your own "before" pics Ziggy.  :)

I just thought that picking out one guy and calling him out wasn't very gracious.  Just standing up for decorum. Levon Kendall had it coming with that Vanilla Ice stuff, but this guy just sat for a pic, and he's not even on a very good team, and we're jumping all over the dude. I just thought it was less than sporting. With that said, if we had rules, they'd probably go something like this: It's okay to comment on a guy's looks as long as we all understand that ANY guy on ANY other team is 1) ugly, 2) a thug, 3) not majoring in rocket science.  So in that sense, rock on!!  My bad! 

But I do hope he lights us up for 30.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 04:33:29 PM by MOwarrior »

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 06:29:07 PM »
oh, i wasn't picking out just one guy, there are a couple other ones on the website that are fairly unattractive as well.  But you are correct, no reason for them to get a hold of this and use it as more reason to try and light us up.

Tommy Brice for Coach

• Team Captain
  • Tommy Brice is my hero
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 07:50:45 PM »
Sorry you guys. Didn't mean to stir up the hornets nest  ;)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 08:08:13 PM »
oh, i wasn't picking out just one guy, there are a couple other ones on the website that are fairly unattractive as well. But you are correct, no reason for them to get a hold of this and use it as more reason to try and light us up.

don't worry, I dodn't tink de have de inter-net up der in Canada, eh. 

okay, okay, I'm done picking on Canada.  Who wants to talk about Luxembourg?

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 09:15:12 AM »
that's one small country.  ;)