Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ohio State  (Read 14393 times)

frozena pizza

• All American
Re: Ohio State
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2012, 01:08:51 PM »
I'm thinking our game plan will be to show full court pressure D and attack in transition.  That is Buzz's style anyway and hopefully we can get some easy baskets and draw fouls by attacking the rim.  I don't want to rely on outside shooting because it's our first game, big time spotlight and unique conditions.  Hard to imagine us lighting it up from 3.  OSU also likely has a rebounding advantage although if Otule is effective maybe not by much.  I also think Craft could cause serious problems for Cadougan and others if we get into a slower half court game.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2012, 08:45:49 PM »
I believe the York Town is a World War II carrier and therefore is smaller than the modern carrier that the game in San Diego was on.

The first WW2 Yorktown was sunk at the Battle of Midway, though its planes played a significant role in sinking FOUR enemy carriers.  Even though it had sustained a great deal of damage from enemy planes and had been abandoned, the Yorktown refused to sink and had to be torpedoed by an American destroyer. Let's hope our team shows similar resilience.

This Yorktown was commissioned mid-WW2.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2012, 11:12:40 AM »
The first WW2 Yorktown was sunk at the Battle of Midway, though its planes played a significant role in sinking FOUR enemy carriers.  Even though it had sustained a great deal of damage from enemy planes and had been abandoned, the Yorktown refused to sink and had to be torpedoed by an American destroyer. Let's hope our team shows similar resilience.

This Yorktown was commissioned mid-WW2.

Actually the original Yorktown was torpedoed by a Japanese submarine.  Just after the major fighting at Midway as it was being towed back to Hawaii when a lone Japanese sub made a surprise visit and caught the defenseless aircraft carrier.

jesmu84

• All American

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2012, 04:24:11 PM »
Watched the Ohio St. exhibition they had last night and here are a few of the takeaways I got from that:

- Kraft doesn't impress me as a shooter.  He sort of "pushes" the ball like a lot of us critique Vander about.  Leads to a lot of rushed looking shots.  Defense, however, he is smothering.
- Jamil is going to have his hands full with Desean Thomas.  Kid has a nice inside and out game.
- Gardner will have a field day inside, particularly if Ravenel is in.  
- Marquette needs to run all day.  Walsh ran in the transition and got a ton of points that way. Ohio St. looked slow on the run.
- Ohio State will look to run the full court press a lot.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 04:37:22 PM by JakeBarnes »
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

hoyasincebirth

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2012, 10:44:51 AM »
Ohio St is vastly overrated.

They're getting a huge benefit of the doubt that the sophomores who couldn't get off the bench last year as freshman will be able to replace Buford and Sullinger.

I think Marquette will win this game. Don't get me wrong Thomas and Craft are great players, but unless someone else steps up marquette is a better team.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2012, 10:58:12 AM »
Ohio St is vastly overrated.

They're getting a huge benefit of the doubt that the sophomores who couldn't get off the bench last year as freshman will be able to replace Buford and Sullinger.

I think Marquette will win this game. Don't get me wrong Thomas and Craft are great players, but unless someone else steps up marquette is a better team.

+1 completely agree.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2012, 05:06:58 PM »
On my DirecTV schedule game time is 7pm Eastern/6pm Central on the NBC Sports Channel. Quite a few other games on ESPN and ESPNU as well that evening.

cecramer

• Walk-On
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2012, 11:22:49 PM »
I heard that if the weather was a problem, that they would move the game indoors at The Citadel.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2012, 08:41:15 AM »
I remember that last year Izzo was upset about the floor. It may have been logos on the floor similar to the logo Otule slipped on when he wreck his knee. Whether we win or not, I will be glad if no one gets injured.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2012, 08:46:13 AM »
I remember that last year Izzo was upset about the floor. It may have been logos on the floor similar to the logo Otule slipped on when he wreck his knee. Whether we win or not, I will be glad if no one gets injured.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Otule slipped on a logo when he wrecked his knee.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2012, 08:48:17 AM »
weather forecast  for the 9th is mostly sunny, high of 70, low of 54.  Game time temp likely in the low 60's and falling.  Kind of cool be be playing ball outside in my opinion. 

feedback