Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: "Texas A&M is Buzz's dream job" -- guess who?  (Read 8167 times)

NersEllenson

• All American
Re: "Texas A&M is Buzz's dream job" -- guess who?
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 11:31:32 AM »
And again, let's go back to some easily forgotten things when stories like this pop up.    1.  MU IS a name.    Weren't we just in the top 20 programs of the last 50 years?    The little underdog schtick we all like to do is fun, but in basketball, MU has cache.    2.   MU pays its coaches.   It is going to cost huge $ to give Buzz any kind of raise or better facilities than he has at MU.     Is it possible Buzz leaves some day?   Yup.  People change jobs all of the time.   But IMO it would have to be to a program that is a significant step up and there just aren't that many out there. 

I could see MU attracting a fairly highly regarded assistant with no head coaching experience if Buzz left - but don't see any high major coach with a track record leaving their job to become MU's head coach.  History has shown us as much.  And...if there is an issue with an overzealous and egotistical Athletic Director - that will just make the coaching search all the more likely to result in getting an assistant from somewhere else.

At the end of the day, MU hit it big getting Crean, and then I feel hit it even bigger or luckier to have Buzz fall into its lap.  Thankfully Cottingham had the vision and awareness that there was an asset already on staff.  Sure hope Buzz doesn't leave.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Goose

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 01:09:29 PM »
If Buzz stays he has a top tier team next year and following year and hopefully that is enough bait to keep all parties happy. I am not a believer that Texas A&M is a dream job, but pretty sure at the moment MU is not his dream job. Fingers crossed for great season and no off court issues and let the chips fall where they will. Success is great motivating factor in bringing parties closer together and hopefully Buzz and Fr. P become buddies over next 5-6 months.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 02:13:24 PM »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2012, 04:32:25 PM »

feedback