Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2013 Reseating Changes  (Read 21303 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: 2013 Reseating Changes
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2012, 05:34:34 PM »
Dislike.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2012, 05:54:50 PM »
HUGE DISLIKE.

Marquette:  You let me and my accountant worry about the tax-deductability of my donations. 

You stick to basketball.

Untucked

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2012, 06:08:02 PM »
I can't believe with the conference going to crap, the violations and legal problems with the program, that they are going to do this, also. The season ticket base is going to start to erode.
Q: What's the difference between Bo Ryan and God?
A: God doesn't think he's Bo Ryan!!

5YearsatMU

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2012, 06:13:53 PM »
I can't believe with the conference going to crap, the violations and legal problems with the program, that they are going to do this, also. The season ticket base is going to start to erode.

Yup. My sister and I get tickets-my family gets two and she gets two-always next to each other. Apparently not anymore.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2012, 06:22:52 PM »
I was mad for years when they went to the point system. At this point I do not see it as a big deal. On the bright side of it, if you get bad seats or irrating people sitting next to you you only have to put up with it for one season.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2012, 06:34:16 PM »
Any of you homos touch my seats, I'll kill you.

400 C 5-6.  (I sit in 6 so I can spend time with my good friend Jack, Arts '69.)

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2012, 06:39:01 PM »
This better not happen.  ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2012, 06:45:26 PM »
Any of you homos touch my seats, I'll kill you.

400 C 5-6.  (I sit in 6 so I can spend time with my good friend Jack, Arts '69.)

And jsglow makes me sit in seat 5 (closer to the aisle) to make it easier for me to get him a beer.
Have some patience, FFS.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2012, 06:52:32 PM »
HUGE DISLIKE.

Marquette:  You let me and my accountant worry about the tax-deductability of my donations. 

You stick to basketball.

Would it be possible to "pin" this thread?  I think more people will read it that way and this affects nearly all season ticket holders.  I also think this warrants the 2nd letter writing campaign of the year.....WTF!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2012, 06:57:59 PM »
Would it be possible to "pin" this thread?  I think more people will read it that way and this affects nearly all season ticket holders.  I also think this warrants the 2nd letter writing campaign of the year.....WTF!

I've got a feeling it is going to "pin" itself.
Have some patience, FFS.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2012, 07:01:54 PM »
I want to be a fly on the wall when LW picks Dick Strong's or Craig Kasten's "preferred" seats, "per the IRS".  

Love that Broeker gets the honor of signing the letter to STH's.   ?-(

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2012, 07:12:14 PM »
Guys, you are reading the letter wrong.  The tax-deductibility issue is that the IRS is apparently requiring re-seating every year.  Not that you get to pick out your seat.  Look at the second question in the link above.

HUGE DISLIKE.

You stick to basketball.

Marquette has requirements to report the tax deductibility of your donation back to you or else they can lose their non-profit status.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2012, 07:15:19 PM »
So why can't you pick out your own seats?

You can make picks on your seats.
http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/marq/graphics/auto/Reseating-5-review2.jpg
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:21:23 PM by mupanther »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2012, 07:22:15 PM »
Good question.  Could be they simply want the flexibility.  Could be that it saves them time.  No idea.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2012, 07:28:15 PM »
Yup. My sister and I get tickets-my family gets two and she gets two-always next to each other. Apparently not anymore.

Not true, according to the release. It says you can request to sit by other STH's.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2012, 07:30:31 PM »
    • You can watch the process online, but you can only see open rows and sections, not open seats.

If I have to sit in the middle of a row with my small army of children, whoever is sitting on the aisle is taking them to go potty, (and while you're up, can you get me a beer)?

Skatastrophy

• All American
    • ✅ Verified Member
    « Reply #41 on: October 08, 2012, 07:33:45 PM »
    So why can't you pick out your own seats?

You can make picks on your seats.
    http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/marq/graphics/auto/Reseating-5-review2.jpg

That is terrible.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
    • Facts don't care about your feelings!
    « Reply #42 on: October 08, 2012, 07:36:18 PM »
    I don't know if many have seen this page. Odds are if you are picking your section and row. PLUS, you can give a preference and one of the picks is same seats as last year. You will have the same seats.

http://www.gomarquette.com/tickets/reseating.html

If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
    -Bill Walton

jsglow

• All American
    « Reply #43 on: October 08, 2012, 07:37:39 PM »
      If I have to sit in the middle of a row with my small army of children, whoever is sitting on the aisle is taking them to go potty, (and while you're up, can you get me a beer)?
    Welcome inferiority.  Outstanding suggestion.  Trade ya for my double tuition bill.  Deal?[/list]
    « Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:42:52 PM by jsglow »

mu03eng

• All American
      • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
    « Reply #44 on: October 08, 2012, 07:39:21 PM »
    That is terrible.

Yep, because it's no longer dynamic.  My buddy and I get 4 seats for us and our wives and we would always adjust based on availability of aisle, 2 in one row each or four across, etc.  Now with this new "system" I'm stuck with the row and section I picked ahead of time with no idea if there are better seats lower or an aisle available a row behind, etc.
    "A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Skatastrophy

• All American
    • ✅ Verified Member
    « Reply #45 on: October 08, 2012, 07:45:40 PM »
    Well, if they keep the crappy system for the reseating I'll just go down to the Al.  Increasing the human cost for them to take away my headache will make me happy.

I don't know if many have seen this page. Odds are if you are picking your section and row. PLUS, you can give a preference and one of the picks is same seats as last year. You will have the same seats.

"Odds are"

There are pretty significant blind spots in the upper deck, as well as in corners of the lower bowl.  If you get put on the wrong aisle of the row you choose you could either have sweet seats or be completely blocked by the basket or by the railings.  No way am I going to count on the "odds" when I'm dropping thousands of dollars a year.

jsglow

• All American
    « Reply #46 on: October 08, 2012, 07:49:02 PM »
    I suggest we go to the student section General Admission procedure.

Warriorchick and I are pitching our tent outside the BC as we speak and call dibs on courtside center court for the Wisconsin game.  Please bring beer.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
      • Cracked Sidewalks
    « Reply #47 on: October 08, 2012, 07:55:12 PM »
    No way am I going to count on the "odds" when I'm dropping thousands of dollars a year.

And same seats is well and good if you want to stay where you're at, but I'm hoping to move to the lower bowl in the next couple years.
    This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
    « Reply #48 on: October 08, 2012, 07:58:24 PM »
    Is it possible to sit with another season ticket holder?
    Yes, if you would like to sit with someone please indicate this on your appointment response form. The individual with the lower point total determines the time of the reseating appointments.

I purposely don't move up/around my sections to keep families (including young families) together.  And, this includes Non-Conference where family and friends "appear" to fill in seats from the uppers.  Guys and gals, it is about choice and the new new MU Admin is now making them for you!

Think about it, we are all digitally wired...but Grandpa/Ma West Bender are going to have a coronary when this letter arrives.  IRS?  Come on...yes for the one year thing, but to have Big Brother Piilarz give away your seat like at the BET to a Wall Street banker or a Domer Hanger-On after 50 years of straight up support is criminal.  

This admin cannot shoot straight.  Why was this posted to MU's website BEFORE it was sent out to the stewards of the program?  Problems in River City hidden behind the IRS?  If other schools don't announce this, do you really think our alumni base isn't savvy enough to catch on?  

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
    « Reply #49 on: October 08, 2012, 08:08:13 PM »
    hoping this "grand" idea goes the way of the attendance points they tried giving out a few years back :-)