collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: USA MNT v. JAMAICA  (Read 5972 times)

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
USA MNT v. JAMAICA
« on: September 07, 2012, 07:05:49 PM »
Apparently only airing on beIN SPORT Network? Never heard of it before tonight and not carried in my area. Anyone know where I could find a legit stream of the match?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: USA MNT v. JAMAICA
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 07:51:42 PM »
WTF is mnt?  Montana v Jamaica?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 08:29:54 PM »
You don't actually want to watch it.   Jamaica is killing, mon.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 08:41:44 PM »
Lol.  I haven't watched a soccer "match" in...years?  And I could have told you how this stuff goes.  I was blasted when I said that the "huge" win over Mexico, in a "friendly," meant nothing.  Shocker that they'd go and lay an egg against a horrible team.

USA men's/boy's soccer is a joke.  It's all about football, then basketball, then baseball, and then even hockey and golf above soccer.  Or should I say "futbol."  Or "footy."  Sorry if my using soccer has offended any of you field ferries.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 08:44:32 PM »
Lol.  I haven't watched a soccer "match" in...years?  And I could have told you how this stuff goes.  I was blasted when I said that the "huge" win over Mexico, in a "friendly," meant nothing.  Shocker that they'd go and lay an egg against a horrible team.

USA men's/boy's soccer is a joke.  It's all about football, then basketball, then baseball, and then even hockey and golf above soccer.  Or should I say "futbol."  Or "footy."  Sorry if my using soccer has offended any of you field ferries.

Too funny.  :D ;D

+1

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 09:04:11 PM »
Lol.  I haven't watched a soccer "match" in...years?  And I could have told you how this stuff goes.  I was blasted when I said that the "huge" win over Mexico, in a "friendly," meant nothing.  Shocker that they'd go and lay an egg against a horrible team.

USA men's/boy's soccer is a joke.  It's all about football, then basketball, then baseball, and then even hockey and golf above soccer.  Or should I say "futbol."  Or "footy."  Sorry if my using soccer has offended any of you field ferries.

So... don't watch it and don't comment on the thread. Save your time and don't waste ours. Thanks.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 09:17:02 PM »
So... don't watch it and don't comment on the thread. Save your time and don't waste ours. Thanks.

Like I said, I haven't watched a soccer "match" in years.  I didn't watch this one.  I find it comical how horrible soccer is on the male side of things in the USA, yet the soccer community goes into these huge circle jerks after each and every win in "friendlies."  So it's not a waste of my time.  I get a good chuckle out of it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 09:28:21 PM »
Like I said, I haven't watched a soccer "match" in years.  I didn't watch this one.  I find it comical how horrible soccer is on the male side of things in the USA, yet the soccer community goes into these huge circle jerks after each and every win in "friendlies."  So it's not a waste of my time.  I get a good chuckle out of it.

You are actually being a dick.  A lot of people here care about it, and your piling on is classless.

And a 2-1 road loss in a WC qualifier isn't *that* bad.  They play them at home next week.  Win that and they basically clinch the final qualifying round.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 06:41:48 PM »

You are actually being a dick.  A lot of people here care about it, and your piling on is classless.

And a 2-1 road loss in a WC qualifier isn't *that* bad.  They play them at home next week.  Win that and they basically clinch the final qualifying round.

Sorry for being a dick.  I just tell it like it is.  I said that the win over Mexico (ranked 18th in the world...not a bad team obviously but not the cream of the crop either) in a friendly wasn't some revolutionary turning of a corner like the soccer fans of America wanted to think it was and I was blasted for saying that.  Turns out that they then turn around and lose to the 60th ranked team in the world (the World Cup was over 2 years ago, a lot can change in 2 years in sports).  Not very impressive at all.  One game the coach is a genius and it just took time for the players to adapt to his system, the next Bob Bradley is back to being the genius and this guy can't coach for a lick.

I worked with a guy who played for the Milwaukee Wave and a couple of MLS teams and he agrees that men's soccer in the USA is not anywhere near the competitive team it should be.  He said a huge difference between the USA and South American teams is that at the younger age groups in the USA they have 7 on 7 (I think, maybe I'm wrong), with the 2 goal keepers standing around biting their nails and the other 12 players within feet of each other.  There is no development going on and they're so far behind the game when they get to the higher levels because coaches just want the immediate glory, to have their name out there with the older age groups and never develop the younger age groups.  At the younger age groups in South America they play with smaller teams on smaller fields (maybe 4 on 4? I don't know) so they learn how to spread the field, develop field vision and ball control, and learn to work together at a younger age so that when they get to the upper age groups they can work more on the intricacies of the game.

Let's face it, USA men's soccer is a joke.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 10:54:53 AM »
Sorry for being a dick.  I just tell it like it is.

No. You just troll for responses. There is absolutely zero other reason you would continuously come into these threads when you have no interest in the sport or watching the games.

I understand trolling. Winding people up, while utterly asinine, can be fun when you get a reaction. But why on earth a Marquette fan would do it to other Marquette fans is beyond me. There's more than enough content on this and other Marquette sites to keep you interested, and more than enough other sites discussing soccer that you can go troll. Why on earth would you do it here? Just stay out of the threads if you aren't interested. And if you feel the need to be an ass, do it on another site.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 11:24:16 AM »
Exactly.  I think fishing and golfing are mind-numbingly dull.  But I don't go into those threads to insult their hobbies by "telling it like it is."

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 02:45:09 PM »
I'm unsure who you talked to that said the win over Mexico was "monumental."  Most "hard-core" USMNT fans saw the rosters of both teams and realized this was not 2014 WC qualifying. Anybody watching the game the other night saw the US midfield was terrible and was missing Bradley and cough, cough Holden.  Puts the pressure on Tuesday, although they still have two more winnable games.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 03:04:47 PM »
I'm unsure who you talked to that said the win over Mexico was "monumental."  Most "hard-core" USMNT fans saw the rosters of both teams and realized this was not 2014 WC qualifying. Anybody watching the game the other night saw the US midfield was terrible and was missing Bradley and cough, cough Holden.  Puts the pressure on Tuesday, although they still have two more winnable games.

Fantastic.  Huge confidence builder. 

Huge historic win.  Fair play to you, US men's team!

That was a huge win, and hopefully can serve as a springboard to romping the group the rest of the way and qualifying comfortably for 2014.

This is a HUGE deal, I agree and anyone who thinks these "friendlies" are just that hasn't seen the bags of urine and batteries thrown at our players there and elsewhere in south america.

This was an outstanding win, no doubt about it. If nothing else, simply winning at Azteca was huge in itself.  Take into account too that the US team brought the "B" squad and Mexico was nearly at "A" level, and it's even more impressive. Friendly or not, the Mexican players and fans were expecting to win this.

Facebook posts and Twits from friends:
"Absolutely amazing! This is the team we love and they did it for us tonight. So freaking happy"

"Historic!"

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2012, 03:08:59 PM »
Nothing you posted there is any less true than it was today. Nothing you posted in here, including that, was anything other than obnoxious trolling. Why do you feel the compulsive need to be an ass?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 03:16:21 PM »
Nothing you posted there is any less true than it was today. Nothing you posted in here, including that, was anything other than obnoxious trolling. Why do you feel the compulsive need to be an ass?

What isn't true?  He said he was unsure who I talked to that said it was a monumental win.  All I had to do was quote some posts from the thread on the Mexico game to show him.  Do you think I'm making these up?  Visit the thread yourself.  Some of those came from you yourself, so if I had made those up then you're right, it wouldn't be true.  Not sure how I can say something untrue when literally all I did was provide quotes.

I am also unsure of what I posted previously to that that is untrue.  Call me a dick or whatever, but what I said is true.  Unless you think losing to the 60th ranked team in the world isn't a bad loss?  Then I guess you are right.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 03:33:44 PM »
What isn't true?  He said he was unsure who I talked to that said it was a monumental win.  All I had to do was quote some posts from the thread on the Mexico game to show him.  Do you think I'm making these up?  Visit the thread yourself.  Some of those came from you yourself, so if I had made those up then you're right, it wouldn't be true.  Not sure how I can say something untrue when literally all I did was provide quotes.

I am also unsure of what I posted previously to that that is untrue.  Call me a dick or whatever, but what I said is true.  Unless you think losing to the 60th ranked team in the world isn't a bad loss?  Then I guess you are right.

Give it up. 

Your first post was kinda funny,  if meant as sarcasm.  Since then....

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 05:05:40 PM »
Facebook posts and Twits from friends:
"Absolutely amazing! This is the team we love and they did it for us tonight. So freaking happy"

"Historic!"

The first statement is likely true...you have to ask the author.

The second statement is undoubtedly true.

And again, the whole point is that you say you don't care about the topic, but you keep posted crap about it.  Why?  If you don't care, why be an ass?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 06:26:01 PM »
Troll troll troll? Troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll. Troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll. Troll troll troll troll. Troll troll troll troll troll troll troll, troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll, troll troll troll troll. Troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll.

Troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll. Troll troll troll troll troll troll, troll troll troll troll troll troll. Troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll? Troll troll troll troll troll troll.

Sorry, I don't speak troll.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 10:50:19 PM »
Huge 3 points tonight. Could have been a pasting if not for the woodwork. Thought they were excellent in the first half, especially with the way Williams kept things ticking along from central midfield. Zusi and Cherundolo were linking up wonderfully on the right.

Got a bit nervy at the end, but job done. Hope they can get Donovan and Bradley fit for the October matches. They should be able to get through.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:52:09 PM by MUfan12 »

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 07:33:28 AM »
 I enjoy soccer, but making fun of those who enjoy a sport let alone a national team...ha. I don't care if its synchronized diving, which is actually pretty fun to watch, I will root for the US team.

Your opinion on soccer is just that, your opinion. Like Sultan said he doesn't go on the fishing thread and make fun of other people's hobbies just as you shouldn't here.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 07:46:02 AM »
Huge 3 points tonight. Could have been a pasting if not for the woodwork. Thought they were excellent in the first half, especially with the way Williams kept things ticking along from central midfield. Zusi and Cherundolo were linking up wonderfully on the right.

Got a bit nervy at the end, but job done. Hope they can get Donovan and Bradley fit for the October matches. They should be able to get through.
  Once we scored and Jamaica came out of its bunker, the complexion of the game changed.  Jamaica would have had a  much better chance of getting a result if they would have played to win from the beginning.  We also would have had a much tougher time with possession and may not have gotten all those chances in the first half.  Still, nice to get the 3 points.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 09:05:49 AM »
I enjoy soccer, but making fun of those who enjoy a sport let alone a national team...ha. I don't care if its synchronized diving, which is actually pretty fun to watch, I will root for the US team.

Now Kelci Bryant.... that's the kind of girl we love at Marquette.  Artificial tan, blonde, 20 lbs heavier than the average anorexic UW cheerleader, and could probably kick the ass of 95% of Scoopers.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 09:32:09 AM »
The US has a real good chance of advancing.  By far the easiest of the road games of the remaining teams (Antigua).  With a win there, all we would need is a draw against Guatemala at home.

I am pretty concerned about the next round though.  I think the sentiment that Jamaica screwed the game up by not putting pressure on the Americans throughout is an accurate one.  They again looked completely befuddled in the midfield when Jamaica came out of their shell.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 10:21:34 AM »
The US has a real good chance of advancing.  By far the easiest of the road games of the remaining teams (Antigua).  With a win there, all we would need is a draw against Guatemala at home.

I am pretty concerned about the next round though.  I think the sentiment that Jamaica screwed the game up by not putting pressure on the Americans throughout is an accurate one.  They again looked completely befuddled in the midfield when Jamaica came out of their shell.

True, but getting Donovan and Bradley back will certainly help