Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Aki Collins  (Read 9745 times)

Toolbox

• Walk-On
Aki Collins
« on: September 07, 2012, 10:50:21 AM »
A good friend of mine who is a Memphis alum just called to tell me that he was at a Memphis Bball event on Wednesday and Aki was very forthright in telling people that MU is on the verge of some major NCAA violations and will be handed some serious penalties.  What else could possibly going on?????

ATWizJr

• All American
Re: Aki Collins
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 10:53:24 AM »
Wow. sounds verrrry reliable.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 10:55:28 AM »
My neghibor's girlfriend who owns a chiapet ran into Rick Pitino's second cousin in Detroit and he said the complete opposite.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 10:59:46 AM »
Where there's smoke, there's fire.  Let's run with it...that's what we do best here.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Ben Golds Five

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 10:59:54 AM »
Your tag name says it all.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 11:04:13 AM »
My good friend, who visited Memphis once, said his brother was at that same event.  He saw your friend talking to his reflection in a mirror all night. It was easy to pick him out, in his badger sweatshirt.   
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 11:12:13 AM »
My neghibor's girlfriend who owns a chiapet ran into Rick Pitino's second cousin in Detroit and he said the complete opposite.

Was this neighbor's girlfriend on top of a table at an italian restaurant when she met Pitino's cousin??  And did the conversation last 15 seconds?? If so there is no way that it is not the truest information ever uttered on the internet by an anonymous poster with their first post.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 11:15:32 AM »
So someone at Memphis, which went more than two decades without graduating a basketball player, believes Marquette is guilty of serious violations? Oh, OK.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 11:19:03 AM »
See I don't know why people do this.  If he is right, y'all going to look like turds.  No reason to have a newbie post only to have and six replies mocking the guy.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 11:22:20 AM »
See I don't know why people do this.  If he is right, y'all going to look like turds.  No reason to have a newbie post only to have and six replies mocking the guy.

Well I look like a turd when I take someones word for it ala LW threads, so I might as well double down on my turdiness.  Besides what are the odds that a first time poster knows someone that was at an event on Wednesday night for Memphis, let alone that Aki Collins would say ANYTHING about MU at a Memphis event?  What would be the point?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 11:24:37 AM »
yep...I don't see Aki talking about MU at a Memphis event, especially regarding recruiting violations..

I still see this board running with it though. :'(

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 11:28:33 AM »

Dude registered this morning and posted this. I'm guessing he's trolling.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 11:38:47 AM »
If our talent is all we're getting for "major recruiting violations" I'll be thoroughly disappointed in our cheating capabilities.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

MUTIGER

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 11:41:23 AM »
I just got off the phone with Aki, he laughed and said "another great 1st post on scoop". He still has his old number so if anyone has it, call him and you will get the same response. I can honestly say in the times I've been around him, he is to polished and professional to say something like this, especially in an open forum. I asked did he still talk to MU people, said he and Tony spoke this morning and he and Buzz exchanged text last week. Aki has stated numerous times that he wishes MU nothing but the best and hopes the 2 teams play each other on April 8th in Atlanta. I think Toolbox is a troll.

MileHigh

• Team Captain
  • Go Warriors!
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 11:52:37 AM »
Is SMU18, 19, and 20 now a Memphis fan?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 11:52:57 AM »
There is no better way to build up one's resume for future coaching jobs than to go to a rival school and start telling stories about coming NCAA violations at the old school.  I bet Memphis can't wait until Aki moves on to his next job so he can tell some REALLY great stories about recruiting violations at Memphis.

This is just further proof that Memphis fans are still spooked by how close Buzz came to getting Tarik Black.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 12:08:40 PM »
I think y'all are bein' a little harsh with Tool Hairy Wet Cat. Keith Lee texted me this mornin' from Graceland sayin' Elvis is spreadin' the very same gospel. And, Keith Lee wants Michael Wilson to pay for bustin' that backboard, Penny says leave the bullet sit in his leg, and Walton really wasn't perfect from the field in '72.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 12:34:31 PM »
Count me among the turds!  And among those with a sense of humor.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 12:41:59 PM »
Well, at least Larry will get canned along with buzz.

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2012, 01:08:39 PM »
The Memphis basketball high top party was in fact held on Wednesday, September 5 at 530 and was open to anyone. I agree Collins wouldn't say anything but at the very least, toolbox does have it right and there was an actual event that night.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2012, 01:16:35 PM »
i would give someone credit if they post their real name.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 01:19:52 PM by front row »

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2012, 01:24:36 PM »
And if he's not right, like most here seem to agree with? What then? Then all those mocking him are not turds and were actually correct all along? His very first post with damaging heresay information----I agree let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Can't wait for his second post!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2012, 01:25:59 PM »
Tool is actually Larry.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Toolbox

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2012, 01:34:56 PM »
Dude registered this morning and posted this. I'm guessing he's trolling.

Haha, get a life.

Love, Ned Braden

MileHigh

• Team Captain
  • Go Warriors!
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2012, 01:37:25 PM »
Haha, get a life.

Love, Ned Braden

So you play hockey too?  Slapshot reference...

feedback