collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Transformers viewed  (Read 7779 times)

ozmetal71

• Team Captain
Transformers viewed
« on: July 05, 2007, 09:57:47 AM »
...judged to be AMAZING.

Anyone else on the board see it yet?

Wow, what a perfect summer movie.  Plus Megan Fox= hottest woman ever.

jutaw22mu

• All American
Re: Transformers viewed
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 10:50:55 AM »
I haven't seen it yet, but I haven't heard any major complaints about it.  I'm surprised they were able to make the concept work without pissing people off. 

Can't wait to see it.

jtate15

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 10:56:17 AM »
I plan to see it this weekend. I'm looking forward to the tranforming sound efect from the original series. Has anyone seen live free or die hard? if so, thoughts?

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 11:03:47 AM »
no but thats another on the list movies to see.

i just saw oceans 13 yesterday.  i reallly liked it...i think its the best one of them all.  not particularly believable but very entertaining, a few good laughs as well.

jtate15

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 11:07:31 AM »
the best of the all, eh? well until you mentioned it, I had forgot the film was even out. I'll probably wait form the DVD release before I see it, but it's good to know it'll be worth the purchase.

ozmetal71

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 11:22:29 AM »
Live Free or Die Hard is getting very positive reviews from both critics and from regular moviegoers.

That is next on my list for summer movies to see.  Overall, this has been a really weak summer for movies.  Spiderman 3 was passable, but other than Transformers there haven't been any real biggies worth seeing.

Another movie coming out this summer that I am looking forward to is The Bourne Ultimatum which comes out in August.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 11:25:28 AM »
...judged to be AMAZING.

Anyone else on the board see it yet?

Wow, what a perfect summer movie.  Plus Megan Fox= hottest woman ever.

I saw it yesterday...have also taken the kids to see Rataoutille and Surf's UP.

I thought Transformers was good but I'd give it a 4 out of 5 stars....it is a definite "summer move" and if you have a connection with the Transformers you will definitely like it.  The theatre was packed yesterday..to the gills which made it more fun.   

My only complaints were about 10 minutes of the movie about 90 minutes in that could have been left on the cutting room floor.  The last 40 minutes of scheer, non-stop action at times was sensory overload but still fun.

Get last month's Maxim...Megan Fox is on the cover and an indepth story on her...yes, she is a Fox.

By the way, Ratatouille is the best movie I've seen this Summer.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 11:34:33 AM »
Live Free or Die Hard is getting very positive reviews from both critics and from regular moviegoers.

That is next on my list for summer movies to see.  Overall, this has been a really weak summer for movies.  Spiderman 3 was passable, but other than Transformers there haven't been any real biggies worth seeing.

Another movie coming out this summer that I am looking forward to is The Bourne Ultimatum which comes out in August.

Die Hard was filmed right outside my building (as was part of Transformers)...it's good, but way way way over the top...again, a "summer movie"....as long as you go into it with that fun mindset you will like it.  But yeah, there about 20 scenes where you want just a "bit" of reality at times.  Maybe I'm getting too old.

My Summer Movies so far on a 5 star scale

Ratatouille  4.5
Transformers 4
Surf's Up 3.5
Die Hard  3.5
Fantastic Four  2.5  (very disappointed....grew up close by to Jack Kirby of Marvel comics and this movie does him a disservice).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 12:01:24 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 11:58:32 AM »
It's interesting that so many of you liked Transformers.  I've read mixed reviews on it but I still might be curious enough to go check it out.  I'm also getting more intrigued with Ratoullie...everyone seems to like it so that may be added to the list.  Ocean's 13 was pretty good but, as it is with most sequels, I still think the first one was the best.  I'm looking forward to Die Hard as well as the last installment of the Bourne trilogy.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 10:47:42 PM »
Here are my summer movie reviews:

POTC 3: 4 / 5 (really long beginning...better towards the end)
Rat: 4 / 5 (good movie...more for adults)
Knocked Up: STRONG 4 / 5 (really, REALLY surprised me)
Transformers: 4 / 5 (pleasantly surprised as a huge T fan. If you are a TRUE fan, you'll catch the famous, albeit cheesy, one-liners from the cartoon)

On tap:
Harry Potter
Live Free
Simpsons
Sunshine
Bourne Ultimatum
Hot Rod
The King of Kong (a movie about Donkey Kong players...are you serious?!?  ;) )
The Last Legion
Balls of Fury

Matinee Musts:
(the way prices are going, EVERY movie is a matinee must!)
Waitress
FFour
Sicko
Hairspray
Stardust

One that may not be on your radars: DayWatch...the second of the Russian Vampire trilogy...Watch NightWatch first...then try and catch DayWatch. Really well done movies...compelling storyline...no unnecessary gore...
SS Marquette

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 10:52:11 AM »
I can't wait for the Bourne Ultimatum...I think it'll do an absolutely fantastic job following up the first two which were amazing. Love the Bourne films.

jtate15

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »
I saw Tranformers this past weekend. Awesome. At no point in the film was I uninterested or let down, fantastic from start to finish.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 03:20:36 PM »
I too saw Transformers this weekend.  Saw the 1015 show so with trailers the movie didn't get done until 1AM.  Wasn't even a little tired.  Amazing movie, couldn't have imagined it better than it was.  Even my fiance loved and she doesn't enjoy action movies.  Could believe how great the special effects were, just amazing stuff.  Plus I'm actually happy they set it up for a sequel, thats gonna be great! :)
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2007, 04:29:50 PM »
I too saw Transformers this weekend.  Saw the 1015 show so with trailers the movie didn't get done until 1AM.  Wasn't even a little tired.  Amazing movie, couldn't have imagined it better than it was.  Even my fiance loved and she doesn't enjoy action movies.  Could believe how great the special effects were, just amazing stuff.  Plus I'm actually happy they set it up for a sequel, thats gonna be great! :)

I was in Vegas over the weekend for a birthday party.  Some of the party went over to the Hoover Dam tour on Saturday morning.  Apparently they have a cool Transformers display going on there as part of the movie.

feedback