[April 15, 2024, 10:12:01 PM]

Going Portaling: Which Portal Prospect do you want and why? by DoctorV
[April 15, 2024, 09:54:11 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Tyler COLEk
[April 15, 2024, 08:53:41 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PGsHeroes32
[April 15, 2024, 06:38:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Simply WHY has the MSM not reported this story?  (Read 5844 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Simply WHY has the MSM not reported this story?
« on: July 03, 2007, 11:06:38 PM »
Amazing they haven't.

Good work by Yon again....perhaps one of the most important stories of the war and the vast majority of the MSM has their thumb up their ass again.  I wonder why.  This kind of evil should be on the front of every newspaper in America and the top story of every newscast...instead it's not even mentioned.

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/wp/bless-the-beasts-and-children.htm

Michael Yon and the other military bloggers are the absolute best...keep it coming and support their efforts.

Murffieus

• All American
Re: Simply WHY has the MSM not reported this story?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 09:52:41 AM »
The national media won't touch that because it would INCREASE support for the war-----they are mainly interested in reporting the number of dead U.S. soldiers today, for the moth, for the year, and since the war started because that REDUCES support for the war!

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 10:27:06 AM »
Why, though, Murf. Can't make a declaration like that without backing it up. Believe it or not, you are not all-knowing...
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 10:46:03 AM »
Amazing they haven't.

Good work by Yon again....perhaps one of the most important stories of the war and the vast majority of the MSM has their thumb up their ass again.  I wonder why.  This kind of evil should be on the front of every newspaper in America and the top story of every newscast...instead it's not even mentioned.

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/wp/bless-the-beasts-and-children.htm

Michael Yon and the other military bloggers are the absolute best...keep it coming and support their efforts.

So wait ... a story rife with speculation about the deaths of a handful of Iraqi villagers is "perhaps one of the most important stories of the war"? In what country???? Certainly not this one.

The deaths of these people is tragic, but in a war in which Iraqi civilians are dying by the dozens almost every day and in which Americans are dying everty day, this story is nothing more than a blip on the radar screen.
To argue it somehow deserves the same coverage as the deaths of American soldiers -- that it is more important than the deaths of American soldiers -- is appalling.

jtate15

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 12:33:54 PM »
i think the point of this post is to show why American military presence is necessary in Iraq. And that the national media more often than not reports reasons to leave, and is so far removed from the actually experiences of soldiers currently positioned. This type of story provides an often unpublicized perspective of the events in Iraq.

I can appreciate more than one angle on events that affect our world. Just because the deaths reported in this article are of Iraqi civilians doesn't make it of any less importance or worth, than a report on American losses.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 12:47:47 PM »
jtate15----good point about an Iraqi life being just as precious as a U.S soldiers life----was goingto post that----but you beat me to it.

Pakuni----no one said this was a big important part of the war------and this story per se doesn't have to be told-----but there are so many stories like this that some of them should be aired. If the media were fair they would show more of this so that people understand why we are there-----we're fighting a ruthless enemy (radical islam) and the public needs to be continually reminded of this----but they aren't----all they are fed night after night and day after day (IN HEADLINES) is the totals of US deaths.

I could turn your question back on you? are the daily headlines of the number American dead "the most important part of this war"? I mean mention it a couple time a month ----but day after day after day? Someone obviously has an agenda here!

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 01:15:24 PM »

I could turn your question back on you? are the daily headlines of the number American dead "the most important part of this war"? I mean mention it a couple time a month ----but day after day after day? Someone obviously has an agenda here!

Every time a soldier sacrifices and dies for this country, we ought to hear about.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Here's a different take
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 01:35:36 AM »
http://instapundit.com/archives2/006827.php

Here's a different take on why it's not reported....I hope the reporter has the guts to admit who he is.

----------------

July 03, 2007

WHY DON'T AL QAEDA ATROCITIES GET MEDIA ATTENTION?

Because that might help Bush.

UPDATE: Instapundit's Glenn Reynolds received Yon's answer in an e-mail from a person he describes as "a journalist whose name you'd recognize." Consider it the Old Media bias e-mail of the year until further notice:

Yon's story doesn't get attention because it is humiliating.

It is humiliating because it is obvious that we media – and our allies in the state department, the legal trade, the NGOs, the Democratic Party, the UN, etc., - can’t do squat about such determined use of force.

Our words, images, arguments and skills can’t stop the killing. Only the rough soldiers and their guns can solve the problem, and we won’t admit that fact because the admission would weaken our influence and our claim to social status.

So we pretend Yon’s massacre – and the North Korean killing fields, the Arab treatment of women, the Arab hatred of Israel, etc. - doesn’t exist, and instead focus our emotions and attention on the somewhat-bad domestic things that we can ‘fix’ with our DC-based allies. Things such as Abu Ghraib, wiretapping, etc. When we ‘fix’ them, then we get status, applause, power, new jobs, ego, etc.

Please don’t be surprised. We media are an interest group not much different from the automakers, the unions, and the farmers.

feedback