2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Next-level of Administration Support  (Read 24532 times)

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
Re: Next-level of Administration Support
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2012, 07:38:45 PM »
Sorry Stache, but we just don't see this the same way. As to:
1.True? Maybe, maybe not (seems a little over the top to me), but the "truth" of LW's statement was never my point.

That is the answer.  You, ners, AtWiz and a few others see it one way and everyone else sees it as nothing at all.  You are the 1%ers.

I just wished he would have clarified publicly that his (very public) remarks were misconstrued rather than sharing it in private. I just think that when you step in it in public you also make amends there.

There are only a very few of you that actually think he stepped in anything, let alone needed to make amends.  Exactly what is he making amends for?  He didn't say anything wrong, and certainly nothing out of the ordinary for a superior to subordinate.  You are right that people don't see it like you do, almost no one does except for a select group that seems to be on tilt mode when it comes to Buzz and comments about him, good or bad.  What is it in LW's history that leads you to jump to the worst case scenario about him?

And you failed to mention the first quote in the article - the part where LW "looks forward to helping Buzz become a better coach."

Not what LW said, first of all.  Second, anyone can make another person better in their job even if they aren't in that profession.  Haven't you ever read John Wooden's books or any number of other famous coaches who go into detail about how other people made them a BETTER COACH even those people weren't coaches.  Come on nears, people of all walks of life can help people do their jobs better, become better human beings.  Has your wife ever helped you be better in your job?  Do you think Corey hasn't helped Buzz?  She's not a coach, so how is this possible?   ::)   The attacks on LW from you and Lenny seem personal, like when a high school guy sees his girlfriend get hit on, the jealousy kicks in.  

I don't really want to get in a pissing match either..I'm just pointing out a few oddities with regard to the story you tell.  Quite frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if Larry Williams told the above tale as to how the game came to be, yet that it was big fat lie, yet one Larry's large ego sure would like to tell...

Now LW is a liar?  Did you get this from the email Buzz sent you?   ::)  How many minutes or even hours of your life have you spent with LW to make this ascertion?  

You should stop, you are in way over your head and repeatedly being taken to the woodshed here by other posters isn't helping your cause at all.  You have a crush on Buzz, that is great.  It doesn't mean the world is against him and it doesn't mean he can't become a better person, better coach with help from his boss, his President, his players, alumni or anyone else.  He doesn't walk on water.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2012, 08:14:15 PM »
Ners,

I don't want to sound condescending, but you seem to have a Buzz vs Larry thing going on where anybody giving some credit to Larry means they don't like Buzz.

I don't think anybody has implied that or believes that, but that seems to be the source of your angst this off season.

Larry might be an absolute pretty boy and terrible at his job. He might run Buzz off and push MU back to the stone ages. It is entirely possible, I'm serious. I really don't know what is going to happen. I don't know the guy.

But, I don't think we can live in fear simply because we don't know.  

The source of my angst is simply that Buzz went from very happy at MU in April of 2011, to not so happy April 2012.  Buzz gave the SMU job serious consideration.

As I wrote earlier, if Larry brokered and secured the aircraft carrier game - he deserves a lot of credit for that and I applaud him...so I don't look at it as though you can only compliment Buzz or Larry.  As Buzz always says - you get what you earn.  My personal feeling was Larry's comments to the Journal earned him the crap he's gotten from those of us who found the remarks inappropriate.  On the converse, he deserves credit for the aircraft carrier game if he is the sole driving force behind that.

I do hope the relationship between Buzz and Larry grows and that things improve - which they always can....Larry pulling some strings and getting some big time exposure for the program certainly would help.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2012, 09:03:35 PM »
As I wrote earlier, if Larry brokered and secured the aircraft carrier game - he deserves a lot of credit for that and I applaud him...so I don't look at it as though you can only compliment Buzz or Larry.  As Buzz always says - you get what you earn.  My personal feeling was Larry's comments to the Journal earned him the crap he's gotten from those of us who found the remarks inappropriate.  On the converse, he deserves credit for the aircraft carrier game if he is the sole driving force behind that.

This is great, but no offense, you had to be bullied into this by several posters. Remember this? http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=32762.msg397829#msg397829

I get that you are passionate about Buzz. But, you seem to put a lot of energy into discrediting Larry Williams. It's carried into other threads, like this one: http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=32773.msg398121#msg398121

If you think Larry should be fired, then maybe it's better to start a FIRE LARRY thread. You might get a better response if you lay out your "case" in one thread/post. Honestly, right now, most of your posts seem to come with common theme that Larry Williams is a bad for MU, and it's getting weird.

You MIGHT be 100% right, but I don't know if repeating it over and over again is going to convince anybody. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2012, 09:12:29 PM »
Shaq - Why didn't these Notre Dame alums lobby Morale entertainment for Notre Dame to play in the aircraft carrier game?? 

Because they don't work for Notre Dame.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2012, 10:23:48 PM »
This is great, but no offense, you had to be bullied into this by several posters. Remember this? http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=32762.msg397829#msg397829

I get that you are passionate about Buzz. But, you seem to put a lot of energy into discrediting Larry Williams. It's carried into other threads, like this one: http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=32773.msg398121#msg398121

If you think Larry should be fired, then maybe it's better to start a FIRE LARRY thread. You might get a better response if you lay out your "case" in one thread/post. Honestly, right now, most of your posts seem to come with common theme that Larry Williams is a bad for MU, and it's getting weird.

You MIGHT be 100% right, but I don't know if repeating it over and over again is going to convince anybody. 

Uh...okay?  So, I'm consistent in my views, which have generally been negative toward Larry Williams - big deal?  Shaquilvaine made a statement in this thread that suggests Larry Williams was solely responsible for the aircraft carrier game - and taking Shaq at his word after a few exchanges - I give Larry credit. 

I mean WTF do you want from me 2002??  I give Larry Williams credit based on Shaq definitively stating the knowledge as to how the MU-OSU game came to be - but because I had to be "bullied" into it...it isn't good enough for you?  Seriously?  I forget to add you to my earlier list of posters here who I could give two craps about what they think of me...

Your passive aggressive posting content is really clever.  Do you ever take a position on any side of an issue?  You seem to make post after post riding the middle, and stating things like - you might be right, I don't know, but, dot dot dot...Weigh in on something for once.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2012, 10:38:50 PM »
The source of my angst is simply that Buzz went from very happy at MU in April of 2011, to not so happy April 2012.  Buzz gave the SMU job serious consideration.

Anytime you want to provide any direct evidence, other than captain bumpy ride/more than a rumor IWB's "Please come to my site, and check out this unsourced, no-quotes containing, skidmark, that I'll try to masquerade as tea leaves/Rorschach blot #pageviews #pageviews #pageviews" article?, be my guest.  Until then, it's garbage, along with your totally real email from Buzz.  

Ners,

I don't want to sound condescending,

It's not condescending when someone is legitimately more uninformed/dumber than you.  

Sadly, I'd almost like to see Buzz leave MU at this point just to see what would happen to the program

I'm sure you would, along with the rest of your bleeding martyr/self-flagellating/"we're bigger fans of MUBB than all of you"/fart sniffing bretheren, of which, thankfully, there are very few.  Although I'm sure you'd immediately sport stigmatas shaped like the MU logo if this happened, BECAUSE YOU LOVE MU BASKETBALL MORE THAN ALL OF US.

Thanks for the toddler-esque tantrums--now go f*** off.

I'm DEEPLY sorry (FOR YOU) this summer has been the smashing success of landed, big time recruits, great scheduling, and Buzz enjoying being in complete control, and saying as much, publicly.  Sure looks like LW and Pilarz plans to destroy MUBB have totally been thwarted! That, or, alternatively, the program is firing on all cylinders, which must be HEARTBREAKING.

Like most insane people, though, when the hole you've dug is seemingly deep enough, KEEP GOING.  BY ALL MEANS, KEEP GOING!  Lord knows, bulls*** won't shovel itself.

I know I'm sure entertained by your foaming at the mouth, irrational hatred of Larry Williams, contrary to ALL available evidence (that aren't made up emails and two quotes taken out of context MONTHS AGO)... BUT DO GO ON.  Rage against the dying of the night, already.  

Fair enough Shaq - and appreciate your input as to how the game came to be.  Just for a little more context and background, can you share with the board, how you came to learn of how things went down with getting MU in this game?  Was it at the luncheon you mentioned?  A personal one on one conversation with Larry Williams?  A friend told you?  Etc.

I apologize for spewing fallacies, and commend Larry Williams for getting the aircraft carrier game done..if in fact he is the catalyst for MU's involvement in the game.

HAHAHAHA, that's sure rich, asking Shaq to actually share MORE of his info (unlike you, and some of the other doom-mongering cowards).  Nice hustle.    

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2012, 10:50:17 PM »
Uh...okay?  So, I'm consistent in my views, which have generally been negative toward Larry Williams - big deal?  Shaquilvaine made a statement in this thread that suggests Larry Williams was solely responsible for the aircraft carrier game - and taking Shaq at his word after a few exchanges - I give Larry credit. 

I mean WTF do you want from me 2002??  I give Larry Williams credit based on Shaq definitively stating the knowledge as to how the MU-OSU game came to be - but because I had to be "bullied" into it...it isn't good enough for you?  Seriously?  I forget to add you to my earlier list of posters here who I could give two craps about what they think of me...

Your passive aggressive posting content is really clever.  Do you ever take a position on any side of an issue?  You seem to make post after post riding the middle, and stating things like - you might be right, I don't know, but, dot dot dot...Weigh in on something for once.

Generally, I disagree with you on everything. But, I don't have enough intimate knowledge of this situation to come out and say that you are wrong.

Larry really might be bad for MU. I don't really know. I don't have insider info.

That's not passive aggressive. That's just the truth.

We can all talk and share views without polarizing every topic, can't we? It's ok to say "I don't know".

As far as what I want:
Shaq shared some information and instead of you saying something like "interesting, I didn't know that", you have to get beaten over the head by several posters until you finally relent. Again, it's ok to say "I don't know", or even "I didn't know".

Not everything has to be a RAGING debate, dude. We're not out to get you. We're not out to get Buzz. We're just sharing information and opinions. Same team, bro.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2012, 11:59:54 PM »
Ners - Maybe we can save a bit of time and you can share what would need to happen with the program to alleviate your fears about Pilarz and/or LW?

So far the offseason has been pretty much 100% positive news for MUBB.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2012, 09:11:40 AM »
Anytime you want to provide any direct evidence, other than captain bumpy ride/more than a rumor IWB's "Please come to my site, and check out this unsourced, no-quotes containing, skidmark, that I'll try to masquerade as tea leaves/Rorschach blot #pageviews #pageviews #pageviews" article?, be my guest.  Until then, it's garbage, along with your totally real email from Buzz.  

It's not condescending when someone is legitimately more uninformed/dumber than you.  

I'm sure you would, along with the rest of your bleeding martyr/self-flagellating/"we're bigger fans of MUBB than all of you"/fart sniffing bretheren, of which, thankfully, there are very few.  Although I'm sure you'd immediately sport stigmatas shaped like the MU logo if this happened, BECAUSE YOU LOVE MU BASKETBALL MORE THAN ALL OF US.

Thanks for the toddler-esque tantrums--now go f*** off.

I'm DEEPLY sorry (FOR YOU) this summer has been the smashing success of landed, big time recruits, great scheduling, and Buzz enjoying being in complete control, and saying as much, publicly.  Sure looks like LW and Pilarz plans to destroy MUBB have totally been thwarted! That, or, alternatively, the program is firing on all cylinders, which must be HEARTBREAKING.

Like most insane people, though, when the hole you've dug is seemingly deep enough, KEEP GOING.  BY ALL MEANS, KEEP GOING!  Lord knows, bulls*** won't shovel itself.

I know I'm sure entertained by your foaming at the mouth, irrational hatred of Larry Williams, contrary to ALL available evidence (that aren't made up emails and two quotes taken out of context MONTHS AGO)... BUT DO GO ON.  Rage against the dying of the night, already.  

HAHAHAHA, that's sure rich, asking Shaq to actually share MORE of his info (unlike you, and some of the other doom-mongering cowards).  Nice hustle.    

And who are your sources Lab?  What inside information have you brought to this board?  Do you interview MU players, attend practices, on a first name basis with all the coaching staff/players?  You want to dog IWB - but please regal all of us and tell us how you know more than IWB?  

The height of ignorance and stupidity is thinking (and telling everyone) you are smarter than everyone else, when in reality you are just an arrogant, pompous, prick - with little to offer other than condescending crap.  On that note why would I forward the e-mail I got from Buzz to an asshat like you..or anyone else for that matter?  Funny thing is I know* I got a personal e-mail from Buzz...and you and your cynical, skeptical, uninformed, ignorant self - think* I didn't.  I don't really give 2 craps what a cynic and skeptic like you chooses to believe.  I know what I know - and you, well, you don't know jack.  You dismiss the closest insider that posts on boards - IWB - as some conspiracy theory and attempt to drive traffic to his site. But please, go ahead, Captain Awesome - tell all of us how you know so much more about the intimate details for the MU program than IWB.  On another note, the quotes from Larry Williams, were quote, published, for all to see - some want to dismiss as no big deal, others can see they were at best ill-conceived, and at worst down right stupid.

The irony of all of this is that you are so pleased with the direction of the program, this summer's recruiting results etc., - all of which are largely the work of Buzz Williams.  I don't claim to be a bigger fan of the program than others - but yes - I've long been a bigger fan of Buzz Williams than many around here.  Took a lot of bullets and crap for being pro-Buzz along the way, but sadly, many who chose to fire those bullets - people like yourself - now look like complete idiots in that Buzz has the MU program on the threshold of sustained greatness not seen since Al McGuire.  So yeah...I care if his new boss comes in and makes some condescending statements to the media, that only a condescending prick like you would appreciate or dismiss.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2012, 09:18:24 AM »
And...just for further reading on the topic - once it was announced Buzz was staying....notice Larry Williams mentioned "year," not "years." 

"Coach Williams is a good man, great coach, and I look forward to working with him in the coming year," said Larry Williams. "As we move forward, we want to make sure we stay focused on the rich history and core values that underpin this very unique program."

The school said that the coach and athletic director would not comment further.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/williams-says-hes-staying-put-at-mu-mn4p15e-144480855.html

Gee - wonder why the school said the coach and A.D. would not comment further??  Think there wouldn't be shackles put on either coach or A.D., to comment further when at most universities when a highly regarded coach chooses to stay/renew there is a celebration/elation of sorts.  This was tepid at best.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2012, 09:25:23 AM »
Ners, that didn't seem right to me and it looks as though the JS had a typo.  Here is the official press-release and it says "years."

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/032712aac.html

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2012, 09:29:05 AM »
And...just for further reading on the topic - once it was announced Buzz was staying....notice Larry Williams mentioned "year," not "years."  

"Coach Williams is a good man, great coach, and I look forward to working with him in the coming year," said Larry Williams. "As we move forward, we want to make sure we stay focused on the rich history and core values that underpin this very unique program."

The school said that the coach and athletic director would not comment further.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/williams-says-hes-staying-put-at-mu-mn4p15e-144480855.html

Gee - wonder why the school said the coach and A.D. would not comment further??  Think there wouldn't be shackles put on either coach or A.D., to comment further when at most universities when a highly regarded coach chooses to stay/renew there is a celebration/elation of sorts.  This was tepid at best.

My advice, which you're very unlikely to take: If you don't like the tin-foil label, stop trying to hard to squeeze that silvery hat atop your head.
You've somehow managed to move beyond parsing words to fit your anti-LW agenda, to parsing individual letters. Wrongly, it seems (nice work, Sultan).

Though it's good to know that anyone who doesn't share your opinion is a "condescending prick."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 09:30:49 AM by Pakuni »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2012, 09:32:57 AM »
And who are your sources Lab?  What inside information have you brought to this board?  Do you interview MU players, attend practices, on a first name basis with all the coaching staff/players?  You want to dog IWB - but please regal all of us and tell us how you know more than IWB?  

The height of ignorance and stupidity is thinking (and telling everyone) you are smarter than everyone else, when in reality you are just an arrogant, pompous, prick - with little to offer other than condescending crap.  On that note why would I forward the e-mail I got from Buzz to an asshat like you..or anyone else for that matter?  Funny thing is I know* I got a personal e-mail from Buzz...and you and your cynical, skeptical, uninformed, ignorant self - think* I didn't.  I don't really give 2 craps what a cynic and skeptic like you chooses to believe.  I know what I know - and you, well, you don't know jack.  You dismiss the closest insider that posts on boards - IWB - as some conspiracy theory and attempt to drive traffic to his site. But please, go ahead, Captain Awesome - tell all of us how you know so much more about the intimate details for the MU program than IWB.  On another note, the quotes from Larry Williams, were quote, published, for all to see - some want to dismiss as no big deal, others can see they were at best ill-conceived, and at worst down right stupid.

The irony of all of this is that you are so pleased with the direction of the program, this summer's recruiting results etc., - all of which are largely the work of Buzz Williams.  I don't claim to be a bigger fan of the program than others - but yes - I've long been a bigger fan of Buzz Williams than many around here.  Took a lot of bullets and crap for being pro-Buzz along the way, but sadly, many who chose to fire those bullets - people like yourself - now look like complete idiots in that Buzz has the MU program on the threshold of sustained greatness not seen since Al McGuire.  So yeah...I care if his new boss comes in and makes some condescending statements to the media, that only a condescending prick like you would appreciate or dismiss.

Let it go, dude, its the internet.

But really, no one cares.  Literally, not one person.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2012, 10:25:51 AM »
My advice, which you're very unlikely to take: If you don't like the tin-foil label, stop trying to hard to squeeze that silvery hat atop your head.
You've somehow managed to move beyond parsing words to fit your anti-LW agenda, to parsing individual letters. Wrongly, it seems (nice work, Sultan).

Though it's good to know that anyone who doesn't share your opinion is a "condescending prick."

My advice - Click the link I furnished to the JSOnline article, and notice it wasn't me who parsed the letter..apparently a JS typo.

And honestly, I'm completely fine with the tin foil label - really don't care.  But I would be curious to get your thoughts as to why the university indicated Buzz and Larry wouldn't have any further comment?  Do you feel that under Buzz, MU hadn't stayed focused on the rich history and core values that underpin this very unique program?  I mean after all, Larry wants to make sure that as we move forward we stay focused on the rich history and core values...

Rubie Q

• Starter
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2012, 10:35:30 AM »
My advice - Click the link I furnished to the JSOnline article, and notice it wasn't me who parsed the letter..apparently a JS typo.

And honestly, I'm completely fine with the tin foil label - really don't care.  But I would be curious to get your thoughts as to why the university indicated Buzz and Larry wouldn't have any further comment?  Do you feel that under Buzz, MU hadn't stayed focused on the rich history and core values that underpin this very unique program?  I mean after all, Larry wants to make sure that as we move forward we stay focused on the rich history and core values...

Besides the fact that there wasn't anything else to say?

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2012, 10:37:18 AM »
I've long been a bigger fan of Buzz Williams than many around here.  Took a lot of bullets and crap for being pro-Buzz along the way, but sadly, many who chose to fire those bullets - people like yourself - now look like complete idiots in that Buzz has the MU program on the threshold of sustained greatness not seen since Al McGuire.  

Tilting at Windmills.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #116 on: June 21, 2012, 10:37:22 AM »

Because when you issue a press release in response to wide-spread rumors about your coach leaving, it's fairly common to basically say, "and this is all we're going to say about this."  It's a way of saying that they've get better and more important things to be doing.

By the way, I think that you use the exact same approach whether or not the rumors were true.  In other words, in making this post, I'm not trying to enter into the debate of whether or not Buzz was looking to leave.  It's an innocuous statement, and one that I would expect to be in  any press release that is being sent out for the sole purpose of trying to stop a rumor.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2012, 10:42:53 AM »

What he said.
In general, it's never wise to respond publicly to rumors. Hasn't that been Buzz's policy since he arrived? Are you saying Buzz is wrong to go about things that way?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2012, 11:22:58 AM »

Yep...and it is also a subtle way of saying "don't bring it up again" to whomever covers the team.

Now please leave me alone...black helicopters are on the horizon and I have to go back to building my bunker.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2012, 01:47:32 PM »
Gets old debating 1 on 5...agree to disagree.....all was not well between Buzz and Larry after WVU.  But obviously there's no convincing some of you who choose to say because Buzz is still here, has a good recruiting class coming in, and that we brought in 1 strong assistant coach and director of basketball operations - that all is well.  Certainly don't know what things were agreed to as Buzz's flirtation with SMU took place.  A poker game of sorts.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2012, 02:08:27 PM »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2012, 02:20:05 PM »
Ners
You are right on target. What is Buzz supposed to do, even if still pissed, stop recruiting? Buzz is a recruiter first and his paycheck is based off that skill. Even if he leaves in a year the process of recruiting still needs to be in place. I am off the charts excited about the recruiting year but not convinced on long term Buzz/MU relationship. I think if Strong and LW have good relationship it will help with Buzz.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2012, 02:24:35 PM »
The better our recruiting classes the more optimistic I am that it would take an actual elite school to get Buzz away from that hard work.   Regardless if he does or doesn't get along with LW or new policies.  

Thank goodness the Milwaukee recruiting gravy train is picking up speed!

Rubie Q

• Starter
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2012, 02:30:46 PM »
Ners
You are right on target. What is Buzz supposed to do, even if still pissed, stop recruiting? Buzz is a recruiter first and his paycheck is based off that skill. Even if he leaves in a year the process of recruiting still needs to be in place. I am off the charts excited about the recruiting year but not convinced on long term Buzz/MU relationship. I think if Strong and LW have good relationship it will help with Buzz.

If he's still *THAT* pissed, and he feels the relationship is unworkable, I expect he would have taken a new job. There were plenty of them available this spring.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2012, 03:43:32 PM »
Stone Cold
I am with you on the better the team the harder to leave thought process. I hope he keeps improving the team and feels it is best to stay.

Rubie
Big assumption. Maybe mutual decision between MU and Buzz on why next year is better departure date. I would not assume just because he stayed means he is staying. Hope he is but a lot can happen

feedback