[June 11, 2024, 10:23:42 PM]

Hurley staying! by NCMUFan
[June 11, 2024, 04:46:28 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[June 11, 2024, 04:22:26 PM]

2024 Scoop Art Competition by Skatastrophy
[June 11, 2024, 09:53:42 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Diamond Stone visiting today  (Read 8700 times)

Clam Crowder

• All American
Diamond Stone visiting today
« on: June 12, 2012, 09:35:58 AM »
Mark Miller reporting he is visiting with 2 underclassmen from Chicago Orr. I don't know who those other two are but Stone is skyrocketing. What he did at the Elite 100 has garnered alot of attention. Dave Telep said Diamond was the best prospect he has seen at the Elite 100 in the last decade. This kid will be a tough get, but could you imagine? He could easily end up being the number 1 prospect in his class.

Wade for President

• All American
Re: Diamond Stone visiting today
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 09:42:55 AM »
Holy.  Crap.  I read that subject title and immediately thought of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY

Let's go Buzz!

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 09:52:21 AM »
Let's hope his buddy Duane Wilson is putting on the hard sell all day every day.  Stone would be a program-changer, not only in terms of wins but in terms of the way MU is perceived by both big men and elite players of all positions.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 09:54:38 AM »
Mark Miller reporting he is visiting with 2 underclassmen from Chicago Orr. I don't know who those other two are but Stone is skyrocketing.  

Probably these two:

9.Marlon Jones    Chicago Orr
After one viewing Jones one weekend, I would have him higher, but after a second viewing

10. Tyquone Greer    Chicago Orr
Probably too low, but Greer still has work to do as a perimeter scorer. He is a slasher and great at finishing in transition. I'd like to see him develop his ball handling and jump shot.

Stone Cold posted Brad Sturdy's top 10 prospects for Chicago 2014 and these two rounded out the list.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:18:36 AM by esotericmindguy »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 10:00:20 AM »
Stone has been on campus before and he will undoubtedly be on campus again.  This has a long way to go before being decided.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 10:01:18 AM »
Gotta think Stone is the current Joe Wolf with respect to the importance to this program.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 10:02:05 AM »
He hasn't even started his sophomore year.  There is A LOT of golf left.  Great that he's on campus but I would never expect a 14 year old to select his college before sophomore year of HS.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 10:03:36 AM »
I am not saying he is gonna commit...I am just pretty excited to have the number 3 prospect in that class on our campus so early in the game. Tyquone Greer is also a good player, 4 star on Rivals

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 10:06:38 AM »
Gotta think Stone is the current Joe Wolf with respect to the importance to this program.

More like a reverse Joe Wolf.  

Wolf choosing UNC over MU was the death knell for the program for years.  Losing Stone would not do that this time around, especially given the 2013 class coming in already.  However, getting Stone, could (repeat could) vault MU into that elite group of schools that "one and two and done" kids go to.  Think Michigan State and/or Kansas.

Finally, I thought Tokoto was the "Joe Wolf" for MU.  remind me how MU has suffered since Tokoto went to UNC.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 10:10:44 AM »
He hasn't even started his sophomore year.  There is A LOT of golf left.  Great that he's on campus but I would never expect a 14 year old to select his college before sophomore year of HS.

Buzz should just let him verbal so he doesn't have to deal with as much of the craziness for the next 3 years. Handshake deal that he will open it up after his Junior year to explore all his options.

win win for everyone right? or maybe I'm a little biased in my opinion.

Buzz - wouldn't leave or be let go for the next 3 years at least. Could also recruit other high level pieces to put around him during that time.
Stone - no craziness and phone calls around the clock. options still open down the line.
Fans - We can pull the just wait till 2015 card whenever we get down.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 10:12:52 AM »
Wow... Buzz is just running a turnstile of elite talent coming in for visits lately. Gotta love how he's putting it on early with guys like Stone (and hopefully, Looney) and trying to get Nunn in as well.  2013 class looks electric and maybe getting better.  Making the right "stay local" pitch right now could help in the long-run as well.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 10:15:02 AM »
It would be nice if by the time Stone chooses his school there's a new "2 and done" rule in place.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 10:16:07 AM »
Stone has been on campus before and he will undoubtedly be on campus again.  This has a long way to go before being decided.

I agree, but we have to get him on campus early and often, so this is nothing but a good thing.  Hopefully Wilson & Burton are there with him a few times over the next year so he can get comfortable with his potential future running mates.  Would be nice to get the three of them in the gym together for some pickup games along with Looney too.  Oh god now I'm hyperventilating.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 10:17:02 AM »
Buzz should just let him verbal so he doesn't have to deal with as much of the craziness for the next 3 years. Handshake deal that he will open it up after his Junior year to explore all his options.

win win for everyone right? or maybe I'm a little biased in my opinion.

Buzz - wouldn't leave or be let go for the next 3 years at least. Could also recruit other high level pieces to put around him during that time.
Stone - no craziness and phone calls around the clock. options still open down the line.
Fans - We can pull the just wait till 2015 card whenever we get down.

Verbal or not, if he's as good as advertised, he'll still get plenty of phone calls.

Room510

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 10:20:37 AM »
The Chicago recruits are Orr HS 6'7 PF Marquis Pryor and 6'6 WF Tyquone Greer per Ill Prep Bullseye

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 10:24:04 AM »
More like a reverse Joe Wolf. 

Wolf choosing UNC over MU was the death knell for the program for years. 

No the roots of the problem ran deeper than that.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 10:25:23 AM »
I agree, but we have to get him on campus early and often, so this is nothing but a good thing.  Hopefully Wilson & Burton are there with him a few times over the next year so he can get comfortable with his potential future running mates.  Would be nice to get the three of them in the gym together for some pickup games along with Looney too.  Oh god now I'm hyperventilating.

Agreed, start forming that relationship early and hope his momma wants him playing close to home.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 10:37:50 AM »
Finally, I thought Tokoto was the "Joe Wolf" for MU.  remind me how MU has suffered since Tokoto went to UNC.

I thought Brian Butch was the "Joe Wolf" for MU.
Old timers and their Joe Wolf fetish ....

Slim

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 10:49:54 AM »
Can someone describe a typical "visit"? Does it involve a scrimmage with the team? With other recruits? With recent grads?

Is there time with just the team and no coaches? Is it typically overnight? Do they ask the ugly girls to stay locked in their rooms?

Do they typically meet with the athletic director or any higher ups? Is there time with the residence halls or academic advisers? Do they meet with influential grads?

I saw DW call Stone his "partner in crime", I hope he can reel him in.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 10:50:33 AM »
It will be fun to watch "Milwaukee's Best" compete as Warriors across the planet!

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 10:52:33 AM »

No the roots of the problem ran deeper than that.

Agreed, the BBall program was reeling in the early 1980s and everyone was hoping Wolf going to MU would reverse the slide.

Now there is no slide in the program.  So if Butch passes on MU, Jmay transfers, Tokoto passes on MU, the program just keeps rolling along.

Stone is not this era's Joe Wolf, their is no Joe Wolf for MU.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:42:21 AM by AnotherMU84 »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 11:25:18 AM »
Exciting time to be Warrior fan. Buzz is putting on a show right now and fingers crossed we land a whale or two.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 11:48:33 AM »
I disagree. Still no elite bigs in the program. Won't see the benefit, and what it means to the the program, until we snag some. Stone can set that in motion.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 11:53:46 AM »
I disagree. Still no elite bigs in the program. Won't see the benefit, and what it means to the the program, until we snag some. Stone can set that in motion.

A front line of Wilson, McKay and Steve Taylor is most assuredly tall enough to go far in the NCAA tournament.  Butler went to back-to-back championship games with a 6'8" center.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 11:55:27 AM »

A front line of Wilson, McKay and Steve Taylor is most assuredly tall enough to go far in the NCAA tournament.  Butler went to back-to-back championship games with a 6'8" center.

Not to knock those guys, but I think 4ever meant something different with the 'elite bigs' description.

feedback