[June 18, 2024, 09:06:03 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by Herman Cain
[June 18, 2024, 06:55:14 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 18, 2024, 05:53:38 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Uncle Rico
[June 18, 2024, 02:52:17 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jameel McKay taking unofficial today  (Read 14598 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Jameel McKay taking unofficial today
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 01:13:59 PM »
Looks similar to Trend Blackledge.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 01:33:02 PM »
It would be a nice, um, coincidence, if Jimmy F. Butler, DJO and Jae just happened to be shooting around when Jameel was checking out the Al.

Jimmy is in Chicago today per his twitter... DJO and Jae are in Minneapolis right now I believe for a workout. Close enough to stop by possibly?

I think this one will get done, Jameel just retweeted Duane's last tweet about not being able to wait to spend some time this afternoon with his future teammates.

drbeauch

• Walk-On
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 01:33:20 PM »
Jameel will be scrimmaging at the AL tonight with Duane Wilson and the MU team - I would guess there will be 'others' there as well.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 01:38:45 PM »
Jameel will be scrimmaging at the AL tonight with Duane Wilson and the MU team - I would guess there will be 'others' there as well.

Wade just tweeted he would be there.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 01:39:57 PM »
I feel like this is almost a done deal just waiting on DFS to see if he will take a visit or if Nunn will commit. These are probably the last 3 recruits for the 1 open spot.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2012, 01:43:29 PM »
I feel like this is almost a done deal just waiting on DFS to see if he will take a visit or if Nunn will commit. These are probably the last 3 recruits for the 1 open spot.

Knowing Buzz, that's simplifying things way too much. We may have one open spot for the next 2 years, but who knows what could happen with transfers and the like. It seems like we're still in the mix for Doyle, Uthoff, and James as well. And even if someone took that "last" scholarship, I guarantee we'd still be recruiting for 2013 because for all we know we'll have 2 transfers out and one guy declare for the 2013 draft.

Buzz never stops recruiting. Never.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2012, 02:03:04 PM »
Knowing Buzz, that's simplifying things way too much. We may have one open spot for the next 2 years, but who knows what could happen with transfers and the like. It seems like we're still in the mix for Doyle, Uthoff, and James as well. And even if someone took that "last" scholarship, I guarantee we'd still be recruiting for 2013 because for all we know we'll have 2 transfers out and one guy declare for the 2013 draft.

Buzz never stops recruiting. Never.
Your absolutely right. What I meant is for this last scholarship I would assume the order is DFS, Mckay, Doyle, James, then Uthoff. Once that last scholarship is filled. Uthoff will look elsewhere, DFS will have transfered. I just don't see us signing two pg's for 13 when we have the need for a big man. Mckay might not be the best of the 5 but he definitely fills a need. Any more news on a visit from Doyle or DFS Brew?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2012, 02:08:35 PM »
DFS is visiting Louisville this weekend and Iowa State next weekend. From what I recall, his plan was to make three visits, then make a decision next month. Not sure where that last visit will be, or exactly when, but Florida, Marquette, Texas, and Ohio State are still in the mix.

Doyle visited Kansas a couple weeks ago and has been getting increased interest since then despite not getting an offer from the Jayhawks. Chew seems close with Doyle, so it wouldn't surprise me to see us in the running. Don't know if he has a visit scheduled yet or not.

McKay will be on campus today at 3:30 and they will be scrimmaging at 6:00. Sounds like at least Duane Wilson will be there as well, wouldn't be surprised if Burton and at least some of the current team was also there. Not sure if there are any other recruits there tonight.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2012, 02:39:07 PM »
I hope he signs so we have some quality hair on the team again.  Buycks to Crowder was a good transition, but we don't even have the possibility of Jamail Jones' high top fade to get me through this season.

Les Nessman

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2012, 03:24:42 PM »
All of McKay's quotes sound like he reads/ listens to a lot of Buzz articles/ pressers and is regurgitating them while flipping the scenarios from a coach looking for a player to a player looking for a coach. Good sign.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2012, 03:57:30 PM »
Even if McKay commits, he still has to finish up the second year of Juco, so who knows if he will be grades to get into MU?   So you keep recruiting.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2012, 07:41:12 PM »
I hope he signs so we have some quality hair on the team again.  Buycks to Crowder was a good transition, but we don't even have the possibility of Jamail Jones' high top fade to get me through this season.

+1

Saddened by this thought.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2012, 08:44:26 PM »
This would be a great get obviously. Looks like he's about the same as the Jamil we already have. Lanky, athletic 6'7 guy. Jamil=Jameel.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2012, 09:39:08 PM »
Two Jameils would clean up a lot of boards/drives.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2012, 11:36:26 PM »
DFS is visiting Louisville this weekend and Iowa State next weekend. From what I recall, his plan was to make three visits, then make a decision next month. Not sure where that last visit will be, or exactly when, but Florida, Marquette, Texas, and Ohio State are still in the mix.

Doyle visited Kansas a couple weeks ago and has been getting increased interest since then despite not getting an offer from the Jayhawks. Chew seems close with Doyle, so it wouldn't surprise me to see us in the running. Don't know if he has a visit scheduled yet or not.

McKay will be on campus today at 3:30 and they will be scrimmaging at 6:00. Sounds like at least Duane Wilson will be there as well, wouldn't be surprised if Burton and at least some of the current team was also there. Not sure if there are any other recruits there tonight.

DFS's mom has already said that Florida is not going to be one of the visits.  He visited last year before deciding on Virginia Tech and he will rely on that visit for his Florida information.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2012, 12:18:34 AM »
I still cannot shake the concept of "Davante graduating" outta my head.

Gonna miss him when he's gone!
SS Marquette

Room510

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2012, 06:50:11 AM »
Not very good at decoding tweets, but Jameel's from late last night don't sound too positive

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2012, 07:00:54 AM »
I don't get what doesn't sound too positive about that, at worst it sounds neutral to me.  He has a big decision to make, and going home after you've been away can bring a lot of emotions into it.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2012, 07:05:47 AM »
Good lord. Don't overanalyze tweets. These are 18-19 yr old kids. He could miss his girl. He might be talking about Milwaukee. Who knows. Either way, I wouldn't waste my time trying to decode tweets unless he says he had a horrible time or is coming to Marquette. Other than that, it's kind of pointless.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2012, 07:06:19 AM »
No offense.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2012, 07:27:35 AM »
Your absolutely right. What I meant is for this last scholarship I would assume the order is DFS, Mckay, Doyle, James, then Uthoff. Once that last scholarship is filled. Uthoff will look elsewhere, DFS will have transfered. I just don't see us signing two pg's for 13 when we have the need for a big man. Mckay might not be the best of the 5 but he definitely fills a need. Any more news on a visit from Doyle or DFS Brew?

RecruitScoop is saying that Creighton is no longer in the mix for Uthoff and he will go to Iowa or Iowa State.

When a visit didn't happen in the last couple of weeks, I figured we were no longer interested...or he wasn't.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2012, 12:35:17 PM »
Not very good at decoding tweets, but Jameel's from late last night don't sound too positive

It went really badly.

@JucoRecruiting: Jameel McKay (2013/F/Indian Hills CC) has given a verbal commitment to Marquette after taking an unofficial visit yesterday.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2012, 12:36:58 PM »
It went really badly.

@JucoRecruiting: Jameel McKay (2013/F/Indian Hills CC) has given a verbal commitment to Marquette after taking an unofficial visit yesterday.

Man that's AWFUL!  ::)

Edit* I spell like a moron.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2012, 05:55:12 PM »
Nickname for Jameel-----   J-Mc
Come on down J-Mc

big mac ;D after he comes in beefed up a little

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »
jsglow, warriorchick jr. and I went Sobelman's today and saw about six members of the basketball team (including DJO) having lunch with Jameel.  At least I think it was him.  Height was right, and he had his suitcase with him as if he was on his way back out of town.

Looks like everyone was bonding quite nicely.
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback