[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MU82
[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: For Those Who Went To Reseating Last Night.....  (Read 4844 times)

Coobeys Oil Depot

For Those Who Went To Reseating Last Night.....
« on: June 19, 2007, 11:24:49 AM »
Could you provide a little recap of the process? Curious to see how the selection is handled at the AL rather then the BC.

Thanks in advance.

Warrior Farls

• Walk-On
Re: For Those Who Went To Reseating Last Night.....
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 12:25:44 PM »
I talked briefly with a friend that selected last night.  He said they have a huge seating chart with taken seats marked off.  They can show you the view from your seats on the computer, but the guy last night could not get it to work.

He was number 21 and he said that he was surprised at how many big $ seats were taken in front of him.
"Roland was a warrior" -Warren Zevon

MUAlum99

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 02:59:31 PM »
He was number 21 and he said that he was surprised at how many big $ seats were taken in front of him.

Not a huge surprise...what the Athletics department doesn't tell you is that not everyone has to go through re-seating.  If you've had your seats for long enough, you get to keep them, irregardless of how much you donate.  I worked with someone a few years back that got her tickets from her parents and they only pay the seat license fee every year as their "donation" - but yet she gets to keep GREAT seats without having to re-seat like the rest of us.  I'd have to donate $10,000+ to get the seats that she was given and continues to keep.

Sucks for the people that donate every year and still can't seem to move down, but I guess that's the way they want to do business.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because warriors are what we really are."  - Wesley Matthews

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 05:18:46 PM »

Not a huge surprise...what the Athletics department doesn't tell you is that not everyone has to go through re-seating.  If you've had your seats for long enough, you get to keep them, irregardless of how much you donate.  I worked with someone a few years back that got her tickets from her parents and they only pay the seat license fee every year as their "donation" - but yet she gets to keep GREAT seats without having to re-seat like the rest of us.  I'd have to donate $10,000+ to get the seats that she was given and continues to keep.

Sucks for the people that donate every year and still can't seem to move down, but I guess that's the way they want to do business.

It's not a matter of how long you hold those "preferred seats" but, as you have noted, it's a factor of an annual big donation to the Blue & Gold fund.  $5,000 per seat for the good ones.  I don't have any problem with that, as it generates huge revenue for the program.  MU is very open about it, so it should not have been that big of surprise to your buddy--it's all over their web site (look for "preferred seating.")

Having said that, #21 on the list has to be a very healthy donor to MU, so I'm thinking he did OK.
Ludum habemus.

MUAlum99

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 10:09:51 AM »
It's not a matter of how long you hold those "preferred seats" but, as you have noted, it's a factor of an annual big donation to the Blue & Gold fund.  $5,000 per seat for the good ones.  I don't have any problem with that, as it generates huge revenue for the program.  MU is very open about it, so it should not have been that big of surprise to your buddy--it's all over their web site (look for "preferred seating.")

Having said that, #21 on the list has to be a very healthy donor to MU, so I'm thinking he did OK.

These aren't the $5000 donation seats I'm talking about - these are seats outside of those areas that for some reason don't need to go through re-seating.   

I do agree with you about the B&G Fund seats - if you pay the annual $5000 donation plus the cost of your seats, you should have first choice!   :)
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because warriors are what we really are."  - Wesley Matthews

Warrior Farls

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 11:58:09 AM »
MU is very open about it, so it should not have been that big of surprise to your buddy--it's all over their web site (look for "preferred seating.")

My friends surprise was in relation to previous reseatings.  He is a very healthy donor and ended up with the same seats (they are fantastic).  Although his seats can't get much better, he was looking to move up one row (6th to 5th, I believe) but they were taken.  Whereas in years past, they would not have been taken.  That says to me that donations are up and the plan is working.
"Roland was a warrior" -Warren Zevon

augoman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 02:52:17 PM »
My dad had bball tckts since he taught at MU Medical school during WWII, but when I added them to my seats so we could sit together, I had to go w/ the worse seats(thanks Marge).  Today, anyone ahead of me can go from 2 to 4 seats w/o losing ground!  Also, longevity of holding tickets adds very little to priority points compared to cash!  In spite of donations, I have slipped in percentile compared to reseating before last.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 07:42:18 PM »
Ah .. you can find the seats available each night on the MU website:

http://gomarquette.cstv.com/tickets/m-baskbl-seats-available.html

Let's hope everyone is on vacation next week, and all those stay open for a while.

SGWarrior

• Starter
  • "I'm a winning guy."
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 09:20:27 PM »
I'm getting nervous now.  I've sat in section 206 since the last reseating and was hoping to move up or to the side a bit.  Now I'm just praying to stay in the same spot, or even the lower bowl (I don't choose seats until the 30th and I can't make the appointed time due to a bachelor party).  Oh well, no matter where I'm at I'll still be making the drive up from IL for 90% of the games.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 09:41:12 PM »
Ah .. you can find the seats available each night on the MU website:

http://gomarquette.cstv.com/tickets/m-baskbl-seats-available.html

Let's hope everyone is on vacation next week, and all those stay open for a while.

Dang--there goes my weekend.  The seats I earmarked are gooooone.  Great website find, but man, that hurts. 
Ludum habemus.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 10:17:02 PM »
The last home game the big donors were showed what seats they could have.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 12:01:10 AM by bilsu »

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 08:32:21 AM »
I have a friend whose family gave $500,000 for the AL. $50,000 a year for 10 years.

Seriously, what kind of guy goes around itemizing his family's donations for his friends?

pitz

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 10:00:28 PM »
Went today at 1 and then 5 for another set of tickets.
Compared to the last reseating the three center sections on either side were almost filled while the last time we had a much greater choice.
A key is to really have specific options of which seats you want when you go in.  They have a big seating chart that they update as seats are taken.  (When you actually get in on the computer though some seats that were open on the chart have been taken)
If you don't know what you want you could lose out to someone else as they are doing about 8 people at a time.
For our first set we told her the seats and she got them right away.
We were done well before others who were in there ahead of us.
Also know which way the seat numbers go.  On our second set of tickets the girl didn't really know which way the numbers went.

feedback