[Today at 09:13:49 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Lennys Tap
[Today at 07:56:17 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Since DJ is back, Nike won't be reissuing his Swingman Jersey (#1). Who will it be this season?

Jerel McNeal
49 (79%)
Wesley Matthews
4 (6.5%)
Dan Fitzgerald
1 (1.6%)
Ousmane Barro
5 (8.1%)
David Cubillan
0 (0%)
Lazar Hayward
1 (1.6%)
Maurice Acker
0 (0%)
Other
2 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 25, 2007, 02:54:02 PM

Author Topic: I'm in a polling mood...MU Jersey for next year  (Read 4005 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
I'm in a polling mood...MU Jersey for next year
« on: June 18, 2007, 02:54:02 PM »
Results should be viewed AFTER you vote. No changing votes either!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 09:21:45 PM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

herboturbo

• Team Captain
Re: I'm in a polling mood...MU Jersey for next year
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 04:58:12 PM »
If you're talking about selling jerseys I believe they're already selling Wes and Jerel jerseys
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 05:28:41 PM »
If you're talking about selling jerseys I believe they're already selling Wes and Jerel jerseys

Those might be replicas and if they do, I haven't seen them because I'm in CA!!! LOL!

But the Swingman Jerseys are the ones with stitching (i.e., Diener and Wade's throwback).
SS Marquette

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 05:41:29 PM »
Excuse my non-knowledge of jersey sales, but he's back- why wouldn't they sell his jersey?

Besides, aren't we going to be sporting Wade brand jerseys this year?

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 09:19:48 PM »
Excuse my non-knowledge of jersey sales, but he's back- why wouldn't they sell his jersey?

If you recall, Nike selects one player (actually his jersey number, they can't use the last name due to amateur status) and used it for their swingman jerseys. Swingman jerseys have "faux" stitching; only the outside of the letters and numbers are stitched, not one piece onto another (i.e., white on yellow for the number THEN onto the jersey). The replica jerseys are screen printed.

I'll post the pics here later.

Besides, aren't we going to be sporting Wade brand jerseys this year?

I believe that is a rumor. But I wouldn't rule the possibility out. Ohio State last season was a "LeBron Brand" team. (see pic for LeBron logo on Oden's shorts). And Converse is owned by Nike...Wade already has his brand...Converse has made Marquette (Navy/Gold) colorways for every Wade shoe so far...it's a match made in heaven, no?

SS Marquette

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 10:35:24 PM »
So Why wouldn't they use #1 again. James is back and he's the most well known player on the team. Why not sell more?

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 10:41:12 PM »
So Why wouldn't they use #1 again. James is back and he's the most well known player on the team. Why not sell more?

They traditionally have used a different player each year.

Why didn't they use Diener during Wade's 02-03 year?
Why didn't they use DJ during Novak's senior season? Or even Novak during Diener's senior season?
SS Marquette

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 11:41:41 PM »
Here's the subtle difference between Swingman and Replica.

Diener Swingman...Notice the closeup: Numbers are stitched on

Novak Replica...Notice the closeup: Screenprinted (like iron-ons)

Here are some jerseys for everyone to enjoy (Still need to get DJ's - go figure!)...

Adidas Doc Rivers Throwback Jersey 1983 Home

Majestic Butch Lee Throwback Jersey 1977 Away?

And one I'm glad I held onto...
DeLong Tony Miller Replica
SS Marquette

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 07:13:52 AM »
I have heard (seriously) that MU is now a "Wade Brand" team and they are bringing back the baby blue color on one set of the jersesys. So they will have white jersey, a gold jersey, and a baby blue jersey.

I haven't seen this in person, but this is what I heard from somebody who should/does know.

Can anybody confirm this? I'm assuming the team is already in their individual summer workouts, so they may have their new practice gear already (wade brand).

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 08:16:51 AM »
if this info is from someone who "should/does know" then why do you need confirmation?

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 08:27:35 AM »
I have heard (seriously) that MU is now a "Wade Brand" team and they are bringing back the baby blue color on one set of the jersesys. So they will have white jersey, a gold jersey, and a baby blue jersey.

I haven't seen this in person, but this is what I heard from somebody who should/does know.

Can anybody confirm this? I'm assuming the team is already in their individual summer workouts, so they may have their new practice gear already (wade brand).

Maybe a light blue jersey as an alternate/ throwback, but I don't think the university would abandon the main color scheme of navy, gold and white...

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
none of the above!
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 09:23:27 AM »
let's hope MU re-issues a Joe Nethen 20th anniversary special jersey, Nate's 50.   :)

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 10:10:01 AM »

The new blue is a throwback to the jersey as seen on the Maurice Lucas bobblehead.  I'm looking forward to it.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 03:29:09 PM »
if this info is from someone who "should/does know" then why do you need confirmation?

Well, I'm just saying I personally have not seen it. I was hoping somebody around here had actually seen the new equipment.

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear."

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 02:03:16 PM »

Maybe a light blue jersey as an alternate/ throwback, but I don't think the university would abandon the main color scheme of navy, gold and white...

All indications I've heard have been that the baby blue would be a FOURTH jersey...we'd keep the navy, gold, and white and have that for special road games or something like that.

jtate15

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 04:11:10 PM »
I have heard (seriously) that MU is now a "Wade Brand" team and they are bringing back the baby blue color on one set of the jerseys. So they will have white jersey, a gold jersey, and a baby blue jersey.

I'm not sure about wade Brand apparel, but I do know the team is moving wade's direction. Wade is sponsored by McDavid athletic protection. No surprise that the entire team had mcdavid arm sleeves and stockings last season.