collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Scoop fishing thread  (Read 158774 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Scoop fishing thread
« Reply #350 on: July 04, 2016, 07:49:08 PM »
  " Had a tailwlkaer on last night with 5 lb test and an ultralight. Fun."

i thought this was the "fishing" thread? ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #351 on: July 10, 2016, 08:46:31 AM »
Anyone try a Thill Splash Bright bobber for night fishing?

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #352 on: July 10, 2016, 12:21:16 PM »
Did you do any good Real?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #353 on: July 10, 2016, 05:23:51 PM »
Been killin them this summer. A ton of smallies.  Some big gills and a few walleyes too.

How's your sis doing?  Heard a little bit from the crazy guy next door. 

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #354 on: July 16, 2016, 01:06:05 PM »
Texas has created a few lakes, but generally inland fishing here is about 10% the quantity, and at best 20% of the quality of Wisconsin/Minnesota...I miss that.

However offshore fishing in the Gulf , if done right ...can be really fun...occasionally you can even land a big one:

http://www.chron.com/lifestyle/travel-outdoors/article/A-412-pound-swordfish-catch-just-set-a-new-state-8380089.php#photo-10553082
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #355 on: July 17, 2016, 08:00:19 PM »
That's a big crappie

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #356 on: July 20, 2016, 10:21:13 PM »
First contribution to the thread. Nearing the end of our week on the Cisco Chain in the UP. Been coming to the Eagle River and Land of Lakes area for 50+ years.

Been fishing crappie with limited success this week.  Always ultralight.  Great time.

Saw that someone mentioned the Lax family a few pages back. The great Ron Lax mounted my county's best for 1980 back in the day. Chick originally laughed at it (shut up, the fish!) not knowing she'd never see a bigger one in her life ever again.  ;D

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #357 on: July 21, 2016, 07:27:56 AM »
First contribution to the thread. Nearing the end of our week on the Cisco Chain in the UP. Been coming to the Eagle River and Land of Lakes area for 50+ years.

Been fishing crappie with limited success this week.  Always ultralight.  Great time.

Saw that someone mentioned the Lax family a few pages back. The great Ron Lax mounted my county's best for 1980 back in the day. Chick originally laughed at it (shut up, the fish!) not knowing she'd never see a bigger one in her life ever again.  ;D

Pics?

MU1992

• Walk-On
« Reply #358 on: July 25, 2016, 12:29:38 PM »
Long time visitor to Scoop but rarely post.  I will be heading to Door County with my kids (camping) - ages  7 to 11.  Is there any decent shore fishing?  Just wondering if it is worth it to pack rods and tackle.  Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

MUINGB

• Starter
« Reply #359 on: July 25, 2016, 12:31:53 PM »
You may want to try the bridge on Kangaroo Lake......I see people fishing from the bridge..probably pan fish, but a fun place.  Good luck

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #360 on: July 25, 2016, 01:34:41 PM »
Long time visitor to Scoop but rarely post.  I will be heading to Door County with my kids (camping) - ages  7 to 11.  Is there any decent shore fishing?  Just wondering if it is worth it to pack rods and tackle.  Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rent a pontoon boat out of Ephraim.  Don't know your budget, but look here:  http://southshorepier.com/pontoon-boats/

You will enjoy the ride/scenery/stability for your kids to fish. 

If that's not in your budget, Weborg pier at Peninsula State Park is usually a good spot.  There is also a fishing pier in Potowatomi State Park  adjacent to Sturgeon Bay, with cool views of the ship yard.

Ludum habemus.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #361 on: July 25, 2016, 04:55:34 PM »
going to Door County, Gorden Lodge,in August. Haven't been for decades but remember fly fishing for "coasters" in the evening as schools of brook trout came by. Does that still occur?

MU1992

• Walk-On
« Reply #362 on: July 26, 2016, 03:21:02 PM »
Thanks

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #363 on: July 27, 2016, 07:55:14 PM »

Plenty of shore fishing off the piers in Sister Bay, Fish Creek, Egg Harbor, etc.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #364 on: August 06, 2016, 01:30:44 PM »
Anyone catch some of the commentary from Sheli Sanders who hosts MLF on the Outdoors channel?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #365 on: May 22, 2017, 12:35:19 PM »
Took my two older kids out to the neighborhood pond on Sunday.... fish were on the attack.  First time the kids have caught anything, and it was so hot that I actually quit taking pictures after each caught about a dozen fish.

The picture is my daughter with the third fish she caught for the day (and her career)... easily the winner for the day, and they don't get much bigger than this in our pond.  Best part is I decided to take a video after a couple fish hit, which turned out to be just before she caught this... so I actually have a video of her casting, hooking, and landing it.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #366 on: May 22, 2017, 11:27:29 PM »
Congrats to your daughter!

Caught 3 smallies and a nord this weekend.  Ughhh.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #367 on: June 11, 2017, 06:43:21 AM »
Sitting at the end of the dock, water is glass, and the bobber slowly drifts by.

Who cares if they are biting.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #368 on: June 11, 2017, 07:31:05 AM »
Sitting on the dock
glass water, bobber drifts by
Who cares if they bite

fify Keefe style

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #369 on: June 11, 2017, 08:31:32 AM »
Ha.

Six smallies  so far.

And one catfish
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 09:31:52 AM by real chili 83 »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #370 on: June 12, 2017, 08:53:05 AM »
Headed up to Namakagon again the weekend.  Hope the bite is good... and that its not too hot.  Water will be much warmer than usual this time of year and I don't love deep fishing.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #371 on: June 12, 2017, 10:50:26 AM »
One 26" northern and a 21" walleye on Green Bay near the Sturgeon Bay channel last weekend.  Slow biting but at least we didn't get shut out.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #372 on: June 12, 2017, 12:38:10 PM »
Headed up to Namakagon again the weekend.  Hope the bite is good... and that its not too hot.  Water will be much warmer than usual this time of year and I don't love deep fishing.

Its been fairly cool up there so far.  The area from Spooner to Cumberland got nailed yesterday with storms too.  Lots of trees down.  We drove through after to storm.  You might be a bit North of the path.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #373 on: June 13, 2017, 10:37:47 AM »
Just picked up my boat this weekend... trolling motor is sitting in the garage waiting to be installed on Friday. 

Taking the kids bass and walleye hunting all day Saturday.  And Sunday.  And again the following weekend.  After that, we'll see... might just be me from thereon out.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #374 on: August 25, 2017, 05:20:15 AM »
Just planned an early October trip to LOW.  Back to the same area as my first ever trip to Canada.  Muskies, walleyes, and slab crappies!