[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2012-13 Schedule  (Read 41084 times)

Bocephys

• All American
Re: 2012-13 Schedule
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2012, 12:35:47 PM »
When do they typically announce conference dates?

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2012, 12:37:12 PM »
When do they typically announce conference dates?
End of August or the first week in September.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2012, 12:39:36 PM »
Yup :)

And the final non-con game should be released tomorrow.
That last game should be on another Saturday. So, MU will have 4 home Saturday games in the month of December. Should make many folks happy.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2012, 12:53:02 PM »
Either a night game on that Friday or Saturday would be great. Already arranging my schedule for basketball season :D
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2012, 02:26:04 PM »
When MU started this on July 6th, they said the last non-conference is set for Dec. 29th.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2012, 11:21:49 AM »
NC Central on Dec. 29th.

Every home in December falls on a Saturday. Should make many folks happy!

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2012, 01:57:35 PM »
It's good for the state to have Milwaukee and Green Bay host Wisconsin and Marquette.

Would you people please take your cheddar hats off and stop thinking like cheeseheads?  Really, now how many people are we going to draw at the Reich Center in Green Bay -- or a UWM Home Game? What's the take-away for Marquette?

We could get a win any number of ways! We could play the Little Sisters of the Poor (watch out for those elbows and rosary beads), the University of West Slobobia or the University of Minnesota Duluth, Grand Marais Extension and get a win. But we're not likely going to heavily recruit in Green Bay, Appleton, West Slobobia or Grand Marais! I've said this many times before but why waste a game on UWM when we can play Illinois, Iowa, North Carolina, UCLA, Texas, etc.

What we're seeing with Buzz is that as we improve, so does our schedule. Let's not cry over spilt Panther or Phoenix and instead recognize the reality that we're not on the same plain as these schools.

For you cheeseheads who think Marquette should play every school in Wisconsin: Civilized society exists south of the Cheddar Curtain! Illinois can be a nice place -- as long as you don't have to pay taxes here! So come see us and realize there is life after Beloit and Pleasant Praire!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2012, 02:07:56 PM »
Would you people please take your cheddar hats off and stop thinking like cheeseheads?  Really, now how many people are we going to draw at the Reich Center in Green Bay -- or a UWM Home Game? What's the take-away for Marquette?

We could get a win any number of ways! We could play the Little Sisters of the Poor (watch out for those elbows and rosary beads), the University of West Slobobia or the University of Minnesota Duluth, Grand Marais Extension and get a win. But we're not likely going to heavily recruit in Green Bay, Appleton, West Slobobia or Grand Marais! I've said this many times before but why waste a game on UWM when we can play Illinois, Iowa, North Carolina, UCLA, Texas, etc.

What we're seeing with Buzz is that as we improve, so does our schedule. Let's not cry over spilt Panther or Phoenix and instead recognize the reality that we're not on the same plain as these schools.

For you cheeseheads who think Marquette should play every school in Wisconsin: Civilized society exists south of the Cheddar Curtain! Illinois can be a nice place -- as long as you don't have to pay taxes here! So come see us and realize there is life after Beloit and Pleasant Praire!

Cheeseheads will start recognizing there is an entire state below them when Chicagoans do.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2012, 02:23:05 PM »

Dude...don't be a dick.  One poster isn't all cheeseheads.

And you do realize you are responding to something that is 3 months old right?

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2012, 03:28:28 PM »

Dude...don't be a dick.  One poster isn't all cheeseheads.

I'm not a cheesehead, because I'm not a NFL or a Packers fan.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2012, 03:31:10 PM »
Would you people please take your cheddar hats off and stop thinking like cheeseheads?  Really, now how many people are we going to draw at the Reich Center in Green Bay -- or a UWM Home Game? What's the take-away for Marquette?

Your talking two different things in term of MU play Illinois, Iowa or UNC or UCLA.  ?-(

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 03:32:42 PM by front row »

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2012, 10:54:54 PM »

Dude...don't be a dick.  One poster isn't all cheeseheads.

South Wayne, for several years on this board, one of the recurring themes has been Marquette making the rounds of Wisconsin schools. We should theoretically play UWM, UW-GB, Madison and God only knows how many members of the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Association. I can hardly wait until we have a home and home series with Superior, River Falls and Stout!

Just what our Top 20 rating needs -- a home and home with Superior! Especially in January!

We are not a Wisconsin school. We are an emerging national basketball power who already has one national championship and three final fours under our belt. We are a national school that happens to be located in Milwaukee, WI. You think Syracuse worries about playing St. Bonaventure or Cornell? I don't. You think Vanderbilt and its fan base worries about playing MTSU, Austin Peay and Tennessee State? I doubt it.

Finally as for us Chicagoans worried about finding something south of Chicago -- well, past Kankakee all that exists is cornfields, a cheating state university, more cornfields and Kentucky. Have I missed anything????

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2012, 11:14:58 PM »
South Wayne, for several years on this board, one of the recurring themes has been Marquette making the rounds of Wisconsin schools. We should theoretically play UWM, UW-GB, Madison and God only knows how many members of the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Association. I can hardly wait until we have a home and home series with Superior, River Falls and Stout!

Just what our Top 20 rating needs -- a home and home with Superior! Especially in January!

We are not a Wisconsin school. We are an emerging national basketball power who already has one national championship and three final fours under our belt. We are a national school that happens to be located in Milwaukee, WI. You think Syracuse worries about playing St. Bonaventure or Cornell? I don't. You think Vanderbilt and its fan base worries about playing MTSU, Austin Peay and Tennessee State? I doubt it.

Finally as for us Chicagoans worried about finding something south of Chicago -- well, past Kankakee all that exists is cornfields, a cheating state university, more cornfields and Kentucky. Have I missed anything????

It was a "common theme" three months ago; nobody's said anything since.

So you bring a topic back from the dead, complain about how it won't go away, and throw in a pejorative for good measure.... classy.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2012, 07:10:12 AM »
I'd say "let it die", but it seems it already died in April. Why you Hoopin'?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2012, 07:32:55 AM »

Nice strawman you are building there.  One person said we should play UWM and UWGB...many argued against him, including native Wisconsinites such as myself, but you decide to revive the topic from three months ago and paint everyone with a broad brush.

Classy.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2012, 07:50:48 AM »

Marquette is not a Wisconsin school. This coming from a guy in Chicago.  ::)

I don't care if MU plays Green Bay or Milwaukee. If they do, I like that GB & Milwaukee get home games out of the deal.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:04:49 AM by front row »

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2012, 08:37:23 AM »
Marquette is not a Wisconsin school. This coming from a guy in Chicago.  ::)

We should just set up home-and-homes to play the rest of the in-state competition.  You know,  Northern Michigan, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, Michigan State, and Michigan.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2012, 02:24:50 PM »
We should just set up home-and-homes to play the rest of the in-state competition.  You know,  Northern Michigan, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, Michigan State, and Michigan.

Finally, after 7 long years, we can have our revenge on Western Michigan! The Broncos are evil and must be destroyed!

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2012, 07:16:01 PM »
Dec. 22 & 29, MU will have day games. Bucks play at night.

Wade, should be at the MU game on Dec. 29th.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 07:18:28 PM by mupanther »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2012, 11:19:15 PM »
Kinda hoping we can get a night game for against our neighbors to the west.  Having all day to hydrate allows for a more raucous environment

Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2012, 11:36:24 PM »
 8-)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 11:38:03 PM by Warrior »

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2012, 09:12:03 AM »
Kinda hoping we can get a night game for against our neighbors to the west.  Having all day to hydrate allows for a more raucous environment

No Bucks game at the Bradley Center that night.  Not sure if the Admirals still have scheduling priority over us.  That may have gone away when the Pettits sold the team.  A Saturday night would be great.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2012, 10:42:25 AM »
The first post now has the complete non-con schedule. While Colgate is a weak mainland team, Maui sets up great from the RPI perspective. If we keep winning, Butler, UNC, and Texas should be the three toughest teams there. That said, we probably drew the only first round team possible that we might lose to, as I feel Butler is much better than Illinois, USC, Mississippi State, or Chaminade. I'm really hoping for that UNC match-up as I love our chances. Losing 4 first round draft picks leaves them inexperienced, while we'll likely be starting three juniors and two seniors.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2012, 11:18:19 AM »
The first post now has the complete non-con schedule. While Colgate is a weak mainland team, Maui sets up great from the RPI perspective. If we keep winning, Butler, UNC, and Texas should be the three toughest teams there. That said, we probably drew the only first round team possible that we might lose to, as I feel Butler is much better than Illinois, USC, Mississippi State, or Chaminade. I'm really hoping for that UNC match-up as I love our chances. Losing 4 first round draft picks leaves them inexperienced, while we'll likely be starting three juniors and two seniors.

Not sure how I feel about Butler, RPI-wise.  Who your opponents play is a significant factor in your own RPI.  Butler now being in the A-10 will be an improvement over their usual Horizon opponents but also may lead to more Dawg losses; Butler's OOC schedule is pretty decent with match-ups against Vandy (A), I-4 (N) & Gonzaga (H), but games with IUPUI, Northwestern, Penn, UNO (aren't they D-III now?), & Elon leave a bit to be desired.

Frankly, even a mediocre Illinois or Miss State team might have a better RPI this year than a good Butler team, or they may not... only time will tell.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2012, 12:48:56 PM »

Evening game... 5:00 tip.

Plenty of time for afternoon festivities and postgame football spiking.

feedback