* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUDPT
[Today at 11:36:04 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 09:27:42 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by HutchwasClutch
[June 01, 2024, 07:03:02 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Twilight Saga: Post here if you love it  (Read 21621 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
The Twilight Saga: Post here if you love it
« on: April 16, 2012, 01:44:35 PM »
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

This is ridiculous.  I need Lunardi's job.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:00:18 PM by Skatastrophy »

Bocephys

• All American
Re: New Bracketology - Marquette a 5 seed?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 01:50:23 PM »
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

This is ridiculous.  I need Lunardi's job.

I see no fault with that.  We are losing 55% of our scoring.

kryza

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 01:59:41 PM »
What's everyone else's expectations for next year? Honestly, I'd be happy with just making the tourney next year. But the year after that could be really special.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 02:03:50 PM »
What's everyone else's expectations for next year? Honestly, I'd be happy with just making the tourney next year. But the year after that could be really special.
Before this season started, I thought we be better next season vs this season. However, this last season turned out to be better than I was expecting. I do not see us having as good of a season next year.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 02:08:27 PM »
My goal for next season is to be in position not to be a bubble team at tourney selection time. Barring some big additions there is a decent fall off for one season. We are still capable of making NCAA but not slam dunk IMO.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 02:09:10 PM »
I see no fault with that.  We are losing 55% of our scoring.

You see no fault with releasing a bracket in April?  Even before last-minute commitments and transfers are out?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 02:12:31 PM »

I think a combination of an even more down Big East coupled with us having far more talent than most fans are expecting will result in a season similar to the one we just witnessed, if we stay healthy. With CO and Jamil, we'll have one of the best shot-blocking frontcourts in the league. I think Gardner, Mayo, Blue, Jamil, and TJ could be double-digit scorers, and if Lockett ends up on board, our offense will be very hard to stop simply because we have so many guys that can score.

If Broeker can deliver a schedule similar to last year, there's every chance we could go 11-2 or better in non-con play. We should beat LSU and UW at home, and honestly, we might be the best team in Maui when you consider that UNC lost far more talent than we did. I don't expect 14-4 in Big East play, but the only team I see as clearly ahead of us is Louisville. After that, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Cincy, and Georgetown will all be scrapping. We could finish anywhere from 2-6 in the league, but regardless, I like our chances for a 12-6 type season. If we actually do some work at MSG, I think we can come into Selection Sunday with 23-25 wins and be in shape for a 3-4 seed.

I look at next year's team and the year after, and honestly, what will be different? One will have Cadougan, one won't. One will have Burton and Duane Wilson, one won't. But the rest of the cast will largely be the same, and I think that guys like Blue, Mayo, Gardner, Otule, Cadougan, and Jamil are ready to be studs now. Most fans will likely underrate us, but my early prediction would be going into Selection Sunday with a 24-9 (12-6) record and getting a 4-seed.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 02:22:16 PM »
You see no fault with releasing a bracket in April?  Even before last-minute commitments and transfers are out?

Ahh, I thought you were taking umbrage with our 5 seed which I thought was generous.

Let's be honest, he releases it because it gets page views because fans of every team love looking to see where an "expert" thinks they will finish, no matter how incomplete the data or thought process. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 02:36:50 PM »
Let's be honest, he releases it because it gets page views because fans of every team love looking to see where an "expert" thinks they will finish, no matter how incomplete the data or thought process. 

Exactly why I want his job.  It's win-win.  Nobody faults him for being wrong, he gets page views and he gets paid money for something MUScoop could toss together. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 02:53:50 PM »
Exactly why I want his job.  It's win-win.  Nobody faults him for being wrong, he gets page views and he gets paid money for something MUScoop could toss together. 

Especially when he has MU and UW playing potentially in the second round, which wouldnt happen

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 06:15:37 PM »
My expectation is to be a bubble team.  This team is constantly exceeding my expectations though.

PVMagic

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 06:41:55 PM »
Next year?  I think we are a step ahead of the bubble, locking up a tourney spot the last week or two of the season.  If we get Lockett, I think we are in the 5-8 range.

The year after?  As has been posted, we lose Cadougan (I am a Caddy fan), possibly lose Lockett (I know, I know, he's not even on our roster yet), and gain Burton, Duane Wilson, plus a year of experience/growth/strength/speed for our entire roster.  That's a potential final four team... if next year's team is a 5, I really, really like our shot the season after.

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 06:49:42 PM »
In two years, Marquette should be in the top 10-15, at least, the majority of the year. I am giddy for 2013-14.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 06:51:56 PM »
Commence the "we wont be any good next year cause how can you replace Crowder and DJO"...

just like how MU could never replace James, matthews  & mcneal, and then could never replace hayward and then could never replace jimmy butler.

It's called player development and some timely Juco's - Buzz has done it every year, don't know why the weenies here don't come to realize that...

MU fans are the kings of hedging their bets downward - say you don't expect much and then are happy with apparent over achievement - is this taught in the MU Logic class that I missed cause I was in Engineering school?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 06:54:59 PM »
Madtown Warrior
Are you saying we are a S16 team again next year? To be foolish enough to think that teams don't have down years is flat out crazy. What are your expectations for next season?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 07:06:39 PM »
Madtown Warrior
Are you saying we are a S16 team again next year? To be foolish enough to think that teams don't have down years is flat out crazy. What are your expectations for next season?

I WAS very optimistic about next year, until.....well let's just say the roster will not look like it does now unfortunately. Be prepared.....
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

ibechillindoe

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 07:35:14 PM »
I WAS very optimistic about next year, until.....well let's just say the roster will not look like it does now unfortunately. Be prepared.....

Honestly, you just post this provocative statement without anything else. If you don't have the balls to say what you know don't even hint at anything. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 07:38:29 PM »
In guru's defense he got blasted every time he stated something during the SMU mess. Agree his post was a tease but guru was raked over the coals for posting unpopular comments. Nobody ever wants to hear anything aside from things on here.

ibechillindoe

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 07:42:35 PM »
In guru's defense he got blasted every time he stated something during the SMU mess. Agree his post was a tease but guru was raked over the coals for posting unpopular comments. Nobody ever wants to hear anything aside from things on here.

All he has to do is state what he heard. At least then he wouldn't be leaving an open ended statement for all of us to debate which player won't be on the team next year for two more pages.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 07:46:01 PM »
All he has to do is state what he heard. At least then he wouldn't be leaving an open ended statement for all of us to debate which player won't be on the team next year for two more pages.

I will add this, and I am not going to name a player(s), because that wouldn't be fair to them at this moment, but just know this is NOT the player(s) decision. It also won't be a popular decision, when/if the real reason comes out, and I just hope the person(s), that essentially made this decision will be ready for the firestorm that is certain to ensue. You thought Hiroshima was bad?? Oh boy....
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 07:51:54 PM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 08:37:48 PM »
I will add this, and I am not going to name a player(s), because that wouldn't be fair to them at this moment, but just know this is NOT the player(s) decision. It also won't be a popular decision, when/if the real reason comes out, and I just hope the person(s), that essentially made this decision will be ready for the firestorm that is certain to ensue. You thought Hiroshima was bad?? Oh boy....
Jeez.  A little overdramatic don't you think?  This is only college basketball after all.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 08:40:42 PM »

wait, so the potential transfer killed a bunch of Japanese?  That's not gonna play well in the papers and on espn.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 08:48:16 PM »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 08:48:34 PM »
While Guru may have been a tad dramatic in his post, if true, will be very interesting. I have no reason to doubt his comments and do hope whole story comes out if kids are forced out. Would say if Buzz is chasing Lockett it would explain a lot.

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 09:23:10 PM »

Okay, let's see if I have the above quote straight. At least one, and possibly more, MU men's basketball players (either currently on the roster or LOI signers), will be dropped from the team before next season.  Secondly, this action will be a coaching decision based upon basketball-related skills, or lack thereof (as opposed to academic/disciplinary/behavioral matters), and not a voluntary action by the player or players involved. Thirdly, this decision will prove to be wildly unpopular with almost everyone interested in MU basketball, including fans/students/JohnQPublic/university officials.  Well now, when this "inside info" becomes public knowledge, it will certainly call into question the integrity, public reputation and trustworthiness of a number of somebodies or other, no?  Boy, I'm planning to stay tuned, how 'bout you?
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

feedback