[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Marquette Basketball Recruiting Chart  (Read 15505 times)

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
Re: Marquette Basketball Recruiting Chart
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2012, 03:14:32 PM »
Being able to show my wife quotes like these definitely helps ease the tensions on the home front.

Just tweeted it out on Paint Touches. Thanks for doing this. Very helpful.

mutodd5

• Walk-On
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2012, 08:16:06 PM »
A Raleigh MU alum giving a big thanks!

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2012, 08:44:44 PM »
This is a terrific site. Thanks so much for enlightening.

I also learned that Burton needs to learn to use his right hand.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2012, 09:28:38 PM »
I cannot fathom the amount of work you all put into this site. Truly is an awesome site!!!
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

macman320

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2012, 07:02:31 AM »
This is some great off-season material! Nice work.

Philawolf

• Walk-On
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2012, 11:11:29 PM »
A Raleigh MU alum giving a big thanks!

Awesome!  Hopefully this will help to make up for any Wolfpack fans mentioning the 1974 title game to you in Raleigh.  We were all pulling for you a couple of years later when McGuire beat UNC for the title.

Philawolf

• Walk-On
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2012, 11:11:56 PM »
Just tweeted it out on Paint Touches. Thanks for doing this. Very helpful.

Thanks for the awesome tweet! 

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2012, 05:52:54 AM »
Thanks, Wolf - nice work!

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2012, 06:23:44 AM »
We have.  People can't let go.

i'm not going to let go-the real question is, why can't THEY let go, we were here first, as in warriors.  and if i'm the only one(which i doubt) i will be the last man standing shouting WARRIORS.  IT WAS AN UNDEMOCRATIC PROCESS THAT FORCED THE NAME CHANGE DOWN OUR THROATS, so what the buck, chuck-you must be a newbie.   ;D  my teeth grind every time this comes up and re-occuring facial tics and father wild voices in my head follow...down boy down boy, heal heal, it's o.k. nice thoughts, sea shells and balloons

DoggyDaddy

• Team Captain
  • We're Warriors son, not Beagles.
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2012, 09:45:30 AM »
Your work on this chart is much appreciated, Wolfpack guy.  We older Warriors remember the NC State legacy well.  Jimmy V was very much like Coach Al.  State still fights for respect given media fawning over UNC and Duke--kind of like our challenge with Wisconsin.  Here's little mutual respest story for you.

I graduated from MU in 1974 and when visiting the Outer Banks recently had to take my dog to the vet.  The vet and I got to talking about old schools and he told me he was at State in 74.  From then on we re-lived the game and how the schools got there.  State coach Norm Sloan and Al were controversial guys not generally loved nor understood by the establishment, at least not then.  In those days, UCLA was always supposed to win the title even though Indiana broken the chain 73.  Anyway, between stories of Al, Bo, Luke, Marcus Washington, and State's 7'4"? Tom Burleson, David Thompson (the DWade of his era) and the "little guy [who] killed us" as Al said of diminutive guard Monte Towe, we became fast friends.  He had followed MU ball and I the same of  State over the years.  Nice to have a home and home again with the  Wolfpack.  Thanks again.           

DoggyDaddy

• Team Captain
  • We're Warriors son, not Beagles.
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2012, 09:55:03 AM »
My son corrects my fading memory: NC State broke the UCLA chain in 1974 (or it would have been MU), UCLA won again in 75, Indiana in 76 and MU of course, a year later. 

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2012, 06:20:16 PM »
Looking at the PF slot shows you the philosophy of Buzz's "switchables".

Hazel, transferred.
Maymon, transferred.
Roseboro, transferred.

No one in current Soph/Frosh classes.

Jae and Jamil played that position all year despite being SFs (according to the designation on the list).

Buzz wants length and speed so I believe that HE believes it's just a position in the front court that needs to be filled.
And not necessarily by a big, bruising body.
SS Marquette

Philawolf

• Walk-On
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2012, 11:30:53 PM »
Your work on this chart is much appreciated, Wolfpack guy.  We older Warriors remember the NC State legacy well.  Jimmy V was very much like Coach Al.  State still fights for respect given media fawning over UNC and Duke--kind of like our challenge with Wisconsin.  Here's little mutual respest story for you.

I graduated from MU in 1974 and when visiting the Outer Banks recently had to take my dog to the vet.  The vet and I got to talking about old schools and he told me he was at State in 74.  From then on we re-lived the game and how the schools got there.  State coach Norm Sloan and Al were controversial guys not generally loved nor understood by the establishment, at least not then.  In those days, UCLA was always supposed to win the title even though Indiana broken the chain 73.  Anyway, between stories of Al, Bo, Luke, Marcus Washington, and State's 7'4"? Tom Burleson, David Thompson (the DWade of his era) and the "little guy [who] killed us" as Al said of diminutive guard Monte Towe, we became fast friends.  He had followed MU ball and I the same of  State over the years.  Nice to have a home and home again with the  Wolfpack.  Thanks again.           

What a great story.  One of my best friends is from Wisconsin, and his dad is a huge Marquette fan.  We've talked a lot about Al McGuire, he was always one of my favorites, much better than that other McGuire.  I'd love to have an annual home and home in perpetuity.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2012, 09:53:23 AM »
Are we playing NC State next year as part of our out-of-conference schedule?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2012, 10:51:00 AM »
Are we playing NC State next year as part of our out-of-conference schedule?

Nothing announced yet. Right now, of our 13 non-conference games, we know we will be playing the following:

• 3 in Maui
  • 3 in-state (Wisconsin, UW-Milwaukee, @ UW-Green Bay)
  • LSU
If I had to guess, I'd like to see a neutral site game against a high-major, a road game against a high-major (starting a one-and-one), and four mid-majors. It's possible one of those two high majors could be NC State, but I haven't seen that announced.

Though what I really want to see next year is the start of a 2-for-1 with Murray State, with the road game in the middle. It was a great game last year, would almost certainly give them a chance to get ESPN2 exposure at worst, and would give us a shot at a home win against a team that will probably be in the tournament and has a returning All-American in Canaan. Then, with our projected powerful 2013-14 roster, we get a shot at a road win against a quality mid-major. My guess is they'd be interested, and it'd be a scheduling coup.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2012, 11:55:26 AM »
Looking at the PF slot shows you the philosophy of Buzz's "switchables".

Hazel, transferred.
Maymon, transferred.
Roseboro, transferred.

No one in current Soph/Frosh classes.

Jae and Jamil played that position all year despite being SFs (according to the designation on the list).

Buzz wants length and speed so I believe that HE believes it's just a position in the front court that needs to be filled.
And not necessarily by a big, bruising body.
+1 and it was a ton of fun to watch teams struggle to get the ball across half court against us this year.  with a healthy otule to provide an anchor (shot blocker) for buzz' full and 3/4 traps teams are going to struggle with it.  teams are going to struggle period with what wilson showed as far as shot blocking abilities as well.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2012, 07:50:58 AM »
Nothing announced yet. Right now, of our 13 non-conference games, we know we will be playing the following:

• 3 in Maui
  • 3 in-state (Wisconsin, UW-Milwaukee, @ UW-Green Bay)
  • LSU

MUFC .. The wiki knows all:  http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/men_s_basketball/2012

Brew .. are we playing UWM going forward?  The contract ran out in December, and last I read we were "working on renewal" but no story that said we'd worked it out.

You never know with UWM if they'll balk at what MU offers, which may be 5 home games, no Cell arena games, take it or leave it.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2012, 09:03:05 AM »
MUFC .. The wiki knows all:  http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/men_s_basketball/2012

Brew .. are we playing UWM going forward?  The contract ran out in December, and last I read we were "working on renewal" but no story that said we'd worked it out.

You never know with UWM if they'll balk at what MU offers, which may be 5 home games, no Cell arena games, take it or leave it.

Buzz seems to like playing the in state programs, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of deal he gives them.  What do we have with UWGB, 3 and 1?  We could certainly throw that UWM's way.  I don't see Buzz not getting something done with them though.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2012, 04:52:18 PM »
Can we make a link to this site in the RESOURCES section?

feedback