[June 06, 2024, 10:29:38 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by Zog from Margo
[June 06, 2024, 09:01:17 PM]

Incoming freshmen by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 06, 2024, 07:38:04 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by willie warrior
[June 06, 2024, 04:19:07 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Diamond Stone  (Read 9261 times)

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
Re: Diamond Stone
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2012, 02:59:34 PM »

Wilson and Looney would have already graduated, and Key is not going to be ranked ahead of Wilson.

by all-milwaukee team I meant the team MU would have with milwaukee players.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2012, 03:16:02 PM »
the 2015 All-Milwaukee team

1) Duane Wilson (top 150)
2) Brandon Key (likely top 100)
3) Deonte Burton (top 50)
4) Kevon Looney (top 25, maybe 15)
5) Diamond Stone (top 25)

There's a lot of talent coming out of MKE these days.  I really think that Buzz has MU a top 10 program (or damn close).  Soon enough the truly elite recruits from MKE will be MU's "to lose."  Obviously there will always be guys that go out of state,  but a lot of guys will want to play in front of their family and friends at a top 10 program.

I absolutely loved hearing Deonta Burton talk about starting a true MKE pipeline.  In time,  I think there's a decent chance that every kid in MKE will dream of playing at MARQUETTE!  Big time program in your backyard....

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2012, 03:23:37 PM »
There's a lot of talent coming out of MKE these days.  I really think that Buzz has MU a top 10 program (or damn close).  Soon enough the truly elite recruits from MKE will be MU's "to lose."  Obviously there will always be guys that go out of state,  but a lot of guys will want to play in front of their family and friends at a top 10 program.

I absolutely loved hearing Deonta Burton talk about starting a true MKE pipeline.  In time,  I think there's a decent chance that every kid in MKE will dream of playing at MARQUETTE!  Big time program in your backyard....

I already read somewhere that theres a bunch of MKE middle school players looking very good at camps, but its too early for them.

savwa

• Walk-On
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2012, 04:02:36 PM »
It's a fluid situation with Jabari Parker and where he'll end up going for his likely 1 and done stop in college but I heard a sports anchor here in Chicago talked to him and the word is he'd like to stay some where local.  Apparently, Jabari's dad doesn't fly so Jabari wants to go some where his family could drive and see him play.  U of I was in good with Parker because he had attended their b-ball camps since he was younger and he loved Weber.  We'll have to see if Groce can get Parker to reconsider the Illini but if that doesn't happen Milwaukee is not a bad drive to make.  Purnell may have a shot at Parker to come to DePaul but MU having Taylor in the fold is a nice thing to think when it comes time for Parker to make a decision too. 

If anything, it's nice to dream about the possibility.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2012, 04:06:37 PM »
From what I have heard we are not completely on the outside looking in on Jabari. Will be difficult for sure and not sure if one and done is what is in the cards. Steve Taylor is going be a great player for us and hopefully Jabari hears good things from him.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 04:10:44 PM »
From what I have heard we are not completely on the outside looking in on Jabari. Will be difficult for sure and not sure if one and done is what is in the cards. Steve Taylor is going be a great player for us and hopefully Jabari hears good things from him.

Duane Wilson decreased our chances at Parker because if we had gotten Kendrick Nunn instead, to go along with Steve Taylor, Parker would probably really consider coming here to play with his teammates and friends at a local school. I am still very happy with Wilson but our chances at getting Parker are now lower due to the scholarship situation.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2012, 08:41:52 PM »
the 2015 All-Milwaukee MU team

1) Duane Wilson (top 150)
2) Brandon Key (likely top 100)
3) Deonte Burton (top 50)
4) Kevon Looney (top 25, maybe 15)
5) Diamond Stone (top 25)

I think you may be underrating Stone...he could well be top-10.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2012, 10:22:25 PM »
Wasn't Jamil Wilson top 10 by a few services after his sophomore year?

Same with Tokoto after his freshman year?

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2012, 10:29:37 PM »
Wasn't Jamil Wilson top 10 by a few services after his sophomore year?

Same with Tokoto after his freshman year?

Yes, but the problem is services only rank about 50 freshmen and sophomores. So it's really just those who have blown up on the AAU scene. As little as rankings mean, they mean even less for freshmen and sophomores. That being said, Stone will be recruited by the blue bloods.

Dreadman24

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2012, 11:24:10 PM »

I hate to sound like an a-hole but we have absolutely no shot at Jabari. I would love to see him in a Marquette uni, but im a realist. If he doesnt stay in-state he will likely go to a blue blood program.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 11:30:44 PM by Dreadman24 »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2012, 11:38:33 PM »
I hate to sound like an a-hole but we have absolutely no shot at Jabari. I would love to see him in a Marquette uni, but im a realist. If he doesnt stay in-state he will likely go to a blue blood program.

I hate to sound like an a-hole but which is it?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2012, 12:29:34 AM »
I hate to sound like an a-hole but which is it?

I hate to sound like a double a-hole, but you are terrible at textual interpretation. Bolding letters does not actually change the meaning of a sentence.

"If he doesn't stay in-state he will likely go to a blue blood."

That sentence does not imply that the speaker is not 100% positive that Jabari will not come to MU.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Dreadman24

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2012, 12:33:58 AM »
I hate to sound like a double a-hole, but you are terrible at textual interpretation. Bolding letters does not actually change the meaning of a sentence.

That sentence does not imply that the speaker is not 100% positive that Jabari will not come to MU.

+1

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2012, 12:36:18 AM »
How does one justify being "absolutely" sure about something without having any knowledge of what Parker is thinking.....?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2012, 12:43:23 AM »

"Textual interpretation."  Interesting way to phrase it, but OK.  So if my "textual interpretation" is then correct, based on what you are saying, Jabari Parker will most likely go to an in-state school (despite Marquette being closer to his hometown than the biggest in-state school) or a blue blood school, but there is a chance he goes out of state to a non-blue blood school, but he absolutely will not come to Marquette?  So, Jabari Parker is basically open to any and all colleges, besides Marquette University?  Cool.  Glad we are now the only school that doesn't need to waste time and resources to recruit the #1 player in the country.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2012, 12:48:03 AM »
I would not be calling Stone a one and done yet...long time to go before he walks on college floor.

And yet we have a thread about him.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2012, 12:50:20 AM »
If Stone is a one-and-done, it's going to be very, very tough to keep him away from Kentucky (presuming Cal is still there) or UNC.

It won't be tough if he feels that he has an honest shot at the national title at MU, and has any inclination to stay home.  The tough part will be building the program back to the point that he will think that MU has a realistic shot at the title with him on board.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dreadman24

• Team Captain
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2012, 12:56:36 AM »
"Textual interpretation."  Interesting way to phrase it, but OK.  So if my "textual interpretation" is then correct, based on what you are saying, Jabari Parker will most likely go to an in-state school (despite Marquette being closer to his hometown than the biggest in-state school) or a blue blood school, but there is a chance he goes out of state to a non-blue blood school, but he absolutely will not come to Marquette?  So, Jabari Parker is basically open to any and all colleges, besides Marquette University?  Cool.  Glad we are now the only school that doesn't need to waste time and resources to recruit the #1 player in the country.

Clearly you are putting way too much thought into this discussion lol..chill

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2012, 01:02:05 AM »

You are missing the argument entirely. You made a snide remark and I pointed out your misreading; don't be mad. You distorted the original quote and I explained what you were doing. Dreadman was stating that he believed that either Parker would either go to an Illinois school or a blue blood program and that he was 100% certain he wouldn't come to MU. You stated that this was a logically inconsistent position to hold, which it is not.

I made no mention of my own opinion of what Parker will do. I don't believe he will go to MU or the Illini, but will likely go to UNC or Duke. Besides that, you again misinterpretted Dredman's point a second time. He didn't say Parker was open "to any and all colleges, but MU" but rather that he was open to blue bloods and in-state schools (neither of which is MU); UConn, for example, would equally fall outside of that definition.

Textual interpretation is a reference to one's ability to glean meaning from written words... a skill you obviously lack.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

oshkoshbgosh

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2012, 07:47:07 AM »
Stone looked very good at the state tourney, but he's only a freshman and many things can happen. Wasn't Evan Anderson considered a top 10 national prospect after his freshman year? Look at him now.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2012, 08:13:36 AM »
A better example for Stone might be Jamil Wilson.

QuetteHoops

• Starter
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2012, 08:43:14 AM »
Stone looked very good at the state tourney, but he's only a freshman and many things can happen. Wasn't Evan Anderson considered a top 10 national prospect after his freshman year? Look at him now.

Stone is much more advanced then Evan Anderson was this stage. MUCH MORE.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2012, 09:14:46 AM »
Stone is much more advanced then Evan Anderson was this stage. MUCH MORE.

Seems like Stone is already more advanced than Anderson was as a senior in high school

QuetteHoops

• Starter
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2012, 09:21:26 AM »
Seems like Stone is already more advanced than Anderson was as a senior in high school
;D Very possible

tower912

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2012, 09:23:32 AM »

Competition.    Speed.    Anderson lacked those two things.   He was from the hinterlands, being guarded by 6-4 kids.   Stone is competing against kids closer to his size and quicker than he is.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.