[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507040 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #1975 on: March 27, 2012, 02:57:39 PM »
Huh?  Never said that.  If JUCOs want to come to Marquette that's great.  Marquette won't deny their admission because they went to a JUCO.  That doesn't mean Buzz is forced to recruit JUCOs.  Pillarz and Williams could tell Buzz they only want him recruiting 4 year high school players.  If JUCOs want to apply for admission at Marquette and pay their own way, great.

Should people start throwing around lawsuits to any and all Division 1 sports programs that do not have JUCOs on their rosters?  These coaches can recruit whoever they want to.  If they choose not to recruit JUCOs for whatever reason, then they don't recruit JUCOs.  File lawsuits for that?  Good luck.

Seriously where are you getting this?  No one has told Buzz not to recruit JUCOs.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #1976 on: March 27, 2012, 02:58:30 PM »
Has this thread passed the baseball pissing match yet?

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #1977 on: March 27, 2012, 03:01:07 PM »

Seriously where are you getting this?  No one has told Buzz not to recruit JUCOs.

It was suggested that this might be one of the restrictions being placed on Buzz if he is to continue as coach at MU.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #1978 on: March 27, 2012, 03:01:48 PM »
I have a family at home and a business to run at work. And I can't stop reading this thread.

It really is like a car wreck on the side of the road. I can't look away even though I know this is much ado about nothing.

The whole thing with SMU is the classic butterfly that flapped its wings in Indonesia and caused a ripple that led to an epic thread on MUScoop.com.  

I'm right there with you AC.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1979 on: March 27, 2012, 03:02:03 PM »

I'm not saying they did.  Somebody else brought it up 10-15 pages ago and somebody said there would be lawsuits if Buzz was told not to recruit JUCOs.

For the record, I have absolutely no problem with JUCOs and have loved literally every single one Buzz has brought in.  I hope he continues to get the top JUCOs in the country.  They have been invaluable to the program.  But to think that there would be lawsuits filed if Pillarz and Williams told Buzz he can't bring anymore in is flat out wrong.  Buzz can recruit whoever he wants whenever he wants to, and if his bosses tell him to stop recruiting JUCOs or he is gone, he will be done recruiting JUCOs, no lawsuits or anything.  Otherwise, could I file a lawsuit against Pillarz and LW for having no white players on scholarship next year?  I mean, he must have been told not to recruit white players if that's the case, right?  So we are denying admission to somebody based on their race.  Let's file a lawsuit.  (For those who can't pick up on the sarcasm...)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1980 on: March 27, 2012, 03:02:06 PM »
It was suggested completely made up by posters that this might be one of the restrictions being placed on Buzz if he is to continue as coach at MU.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1981 on: March 27, 2012, 03:02:21 PM »
It was suggested that this might be one of the restrictions being placed on Buzz if he is to continue as coach at MU.

...wouldn't seem very "Christian".
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #1982 on: March 27, 2012, 03:02:51 PM »
I would like the BOT / Pilarz and Williams tell Buzz he can not recruit Jucos with Crowder and Butler standing at his side...

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #1983 on: March 27, 2012, 03:03:09 PM »
Just taking a mid day break and popping in on the board.

Looks like nothing is new.  Correct?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1984 on: March 27, 2012, 03:03:58 PM »
Just taking a mid day break and popping in on the board.

Looks like nothing is new.  Correct?

Yep.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1985 on: March 27, 2012, 03:04:40 PM »

It's not.  Buzz has moved away from JUCOs because he has said from the beginning it was preferable to fill the roster with four year players, but had to do it to fill holes.  TJ Taylor is literally a JUCO, but he is much more like a transfer since he started at Oklahoma.  

Guys, the major issues are the off-court stuff by both Buzz and the players.  (And I am not talking about the Country Roads dancing.)  There are things that Buzz has done that haven't made people happy.  The current administration is tightening things up in that regard.  Read between the lines what IWB posted on Sunday, about relationships.  It isn't simply that the relationships have changed...relationships change all of the time.  It's about the consequences of those changed relationships. 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 03:10:28 PM by The Sultan of South Wayne »

AhoyaX

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #1986 on: March 27, 2012, 03:05:39 PM »
I heard that if we hit 100 pages, everyone gets free tacos.

C'mon Nelligan, make it happen!!

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #1987 on: March 27, 2012, 03:06:07 PM »
I'm not saying they did.  Somebody else brought it up 10-15 pages ago and somebody said there would be lawsuits if Buzz was told not to recruit JUCOs.

For the record, I have absolutely no problem with JUCOs and have loved literally every single one Buzz has brought in.  I hope he continues to get the top JUCOs in the country.  They have been invaluable to the program.  But to think that there would be lawsuits filed if Pillarz and Williams told Buzz he can't bring anymore in is flat out wrong.  Buzz can recruit whoever he wants whenever he wants to, and if his bosses tell him to stop recruiting JUCOs or he is gone, he will be done recruiting JUCOs, no lawsuits or anything.  Otherwise, could I file a lawsuit against Pillarz and LW for having no white players on scholarship next year?  I mean, he must have been told not to recruit white players if that's the case, right?  So we are denying admission to somebody based on their race.  Let's file a lawsuit.  (For those who can't pick up on the sarcasm...)

"Little People".  We don't have any of those on the team either!  Albinos!  Aborigines!  Don't we have any ambulance chasers on this thread?

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #1988 on: March 27, 2012, 03:08:43 PM »
Based on the posting activity in the past 3 hours, we should hit 100 pages right around 9:00 tonight.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1989 on: March 27, 2012, 03:10:28 PM »
Howie saying everything we all already know, in a more composed way.

http://www.insidemilwaukee.com/Article/3272012-BuzzMarquetteandtheFuture

As the author puts it, it's all about loyalty and trust for Buzz. He didn't get it at New Orleans and he left, even though some warned him it was professional suicide. He had it at MU. Not so much anymore, and unless Pilarz and L Williams can undo some of that damage he won't worry about taking a step back (SMU) again. It will be hard to leave his players, but if the powers that be force his hand...I worry.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #1990 on: March 27, 2012, 03:11:31 PM »

It's not.  Buzz has moved away from JUCOs because he has said from the beginning it was preferable to fill the roster with four year players, but had to do it to fill holes.  TJ Taylor is literally a JUCO, but he is much more like a transfer since he started at Oklahoma.  
I think I said that in speculation about 15 pages ago, pretty sure I was clear I was speculating what could be going on for the sake of keeping the thread alive.

However, you are very definitive in your answer... care to elaborate what some of the stipulations are?

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #1991 on: March 27, 2012, 03:12:02 PM »
I am going to write this one email and that is it.

1) Buzz is not leaving for SMU or any other school.
2) Buzz wants Tony B to get the job at SMU.
3) Fr. P and Larry Williams know what Buzz means to MU and support him.
4) Fr. P, LW, BOT and Buzz all agree on the standards that are expected from all MU athletes. Buzz's standards are not any different than they have been.
5) Knock of the JUCO bashing it is sickening...fostering a false negative preception of these players is plain wrong.  Yeah Buzz has been told don't ever recruit another JFB or Jae Crowder..those type of kids don't belong at MU....   That makes alot of sense.

My recommendation..everyone log off for a week..

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1992 on: March 27, 2012, 03:12:24 PM »
TWITTTTA TRACCCCKA!!!

Junior Cadougan ‏ @JRwontLOSE
Just got done wrking out ... Bout to go eat a healthy dinner before study hall #yaga

Les Nessman

• Team Captain
« Reply #1993 on: March 27, 2012, 03:14:21 PM »

4) Fr. P, LW, BOT and Buzz all agree on the standards that are expected from all MU athletes. Buzz's standards are not any different than they have been.
5) Knock of the JUCO bashing it is sickening...fostering a false negative preception of these players is plain wrong.  Yeah Buzz has been told don't ever recruit another JFB or Jae Crowder..those type of kids don't belong at MU....   That makes alot of sense.

Thank you. I trust your posts more than anyone else on this board and it is good to finally hear from you.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #1994 on: March 27, 2012, 03:14:34 PM »
Heard that SMU offered Buzz Williams $3 million/year and a $3 million buyout, but that he is unlikely to accept. Good info. No one reported the buyout info.....
 Per SMU Scout board which you need a subscription to get the rest. Google searched Buzz williams news in the past 24 hours.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #1995 on: March 27, 2012, 03:15:06 PM »

Oh dear God, I hope you are right.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1996 on: March 27, 2012, 03:15:27 PM »
A healthy dinner?
There are no healthy dinners in Milwaukee. Junior's already at SMU!

brewcity'77

• Walk-On
« Reply #1997 on: March 27, 2012, 03:18:42 PM »
sorry, just trying to keep up, if sarcasm is TEAL wtf does RED imply?

PickNRoll

• Walk-On
« Reply #1998 on: March 27, 2012, 03:18:58 PM »
Thank you, BigDaddy84.  You haven't lead us astray yet.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #1999 on: March 27, 2012, 03:19:46 PM »
A healthy dinner?
There are no healthy dinners in Milwaukee. Junior's already at SMU!

There's the "Big Daddy" at Subway.  Or is it at Cousins?  The Big Daddy has gotta be healthy with a name like that, right?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.