[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507094 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #1675 on: March 27, 2012, 11:33:06 AM »
They want to keep Buzz on their terms. He is free to walk away if he doesn't like them. That is where we are at right now. I have no idea what their terms are.

That is exactly what is going on.  If Buzz wants to jump to SMU, they are essentially telling him to feel free, but if you stay, here is what you need to do.  I think Buzz's leverage may not have worked out as he would have liked.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #1676 on: March 27, 2012, 11:33:13 AM »
Well, this "Buzz freak" won't wait until it happens. I'll say it right now. Kind of like when I told you in January of Buzz's first year that he was a best recruiter/coach/ we'd had since Al.

I didn't leave myself the wiggle room to second guess on Buzz the first time (as you and many others consistently did). I won't do it now. If he goes to SMU, their program is headed up, big time. Ours will be going in the opposite direction. When they'll cross going in different directions is unknown, but it will happen.

Then you are far smarter than I am.

I honestly have no idea how it would play out. I like Buzz. Dude works hard. Dude is talented.

But, I still have no idea how the SMU/MU futures will work out. Far too many unknowns and variables for me to make a proclamation.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #1677 on: March 27, 2012, 11:33:24 AM »
They want to keep Buzz on their terms. He is free to walk away if he doesn't like them. That is where we are at right now. I have no idea what their terms are.

Let's have a rally in front of Buzz' house.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #1678 on: March 27, 2012, 11:33:30 AM »
http://www.marquette.edu/about/leadership/trustees.shtml

EDIT: Woah...like deja vu all over again

"I haven't heard of half these guys and the ones I do know are way past their prime."

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #1679 on: March 27, 2012, 11:33:42 AM »
When you email the BOT, finish with Go Warriors!

frackers...

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #1680 on: March 27, 2012, 11:34:00 AM »
Well, it may take a lot longer for Buzz to build up SMU as he will not have the Three Amigos, Lazar Hayward and an incoming Jimmy Butler waiting in the wings (3 NBA players and the schools all-time leading point scorer).

But he will have experience and credibility on his side.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #1681 on: March 27, 2012, 11:34:45 AM »
So we have a power struggle.

fracking Marquette.

What type of merchandise does SMU have? Hopefully something good.

Are we changing the boards name to SMUScoop?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1682 on: March 27, 2012, 11:35:10 AM »
So we have a power struggle.

fracking Marquette.

Yeah we do.  But I don't know why the blame would have to go to Marquette.  We talk about the basketball program with pride about not only what it does on the court but off the court as well.  The higher ups are concerned about the latter.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #1683 on: March 27, 2012, 11:35:15 AM »
Well let's speculate...

1. At least two non-seniors on the team don't return next year
2. No more JUCO's, even if they were valedictorian's of their high-schools
3. Good luck admitting anyone who can't get into the school of engineering.

brewcity'77

• Walk-On
« Reply #1684 on: March 27, 2012, 11:35:46 AM »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1685 on: March 27, 2012, 11:35:57 AM »

That is exactly what is going on.  If Buzz wants to jump to SMU, they are essentially telling him to feel free, but if you stay, here is what you need to do.  I think Buzz's leverage may not have worked out as he would have liked.

Well, that's a relief...seeing as how he'll stay as long as they'll have him.  Sounds like he's staying...right?  Right?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #1686 on: March 27, 2012, 11:36:20 AM »

Problem with this is that you figure he's gone one way or the other.  Maybe not this year, but I would imagine he's a goner when the next legit job opens.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #1687 on: March 27, 2012, 11:36:45 AM »
If he goes, it was abso-figgin-lutely just a line.  "I'll stay as long as they'll have me" <> bolting after 4 years.

Well... if he's pushed out, then he would have stayed as long as they had him.

But can someone please make an educated guess as to WHAT IN THE WORLD WOULD BE "THE TERMS" that MU would be proposing with which Buzz is allegedly struggling?

Well let's speculate...

Sorry... but these don't cut it.  All three of these fly in the face of cura personalis (unless there's something behind #1 that's much greater of an issue than what's known publicly.)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 11:38:32 AM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #1688 on: March 27, 2012, 11:36:49 AM »

Yeah we do.  But I don't know why the blame would have to go to Marquette.  We talk about the basketball program with pride about not only what it does on the court but off the court as well.  The higher ups are concerned about the latter.

It depends upon what MU's terms are in my eyes.  Won't know that for some time.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1689 on: March 27, 2012, 11:37:05 AM »
The terms are probably real simple....recruit ND or Northwestern type kids. If I were Buzz I could call their bluff big time....don't want me, can me!!! If they can him it would expose whatever they are pissed off about. My guess they are pissed off about the assault incident.

My biggest problem on the whole mess is that damage has been done. Another example of bumbling around and poor PR by school. LW should be making some sort of statement, either pro Buzz or throw his ass out of town.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #1690 on: March 27, 2012, 11:37:37 AM »
Well let's speculate...

But I hear those engineering students are party monsters.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1691 on: March 27, 2012, 11:38:38 AM »

I'm not really blaming Marquette either, just disappointing really.

Hamostradamus

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #1692 on: March 27, 2012, 11:38:48 AM »
Well, it may take a lot longer for Buzz to build up SMU as he will not have the Three Amigos, Lazar Hayward and an incoming Jimmy Butler waiting in the wings (3 NBA players and the schools all-time leading point scorer).

Ummm, you really think all of our players will stay? You think our recruits won't follow? SMU isn't in the Big East until next year, so Buzz could take current players with him. Imagine facing SMU in 2013-14, and their starting lineup is Duane Wilson, Vander, Davante, Steve Taylor, etc.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 11:40:45 AM by Hamostradamus »
"ESPN -- is the one who told us what to do." - Boston College athletic director Gene DeFilippo

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #1693 on: March 27, 2012, 11:40:07 AM »

I think blinders must be taken off for that statement.

At the time Buzz took over, if you polled 100 MU Scoopers, I'll bet the leading vote getter on the question of "How many NBA players are on this roster?" would be 1. Buzz is what made those guys NBA players. They were 3* recruits (Zar, JFB) at best. Solid college players, but nobody in honesty thought those guys were NBA caliber at the time. If you did, you are full of it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1694 on: March 27, 2012, 11:40:14 AM »
So uh, how about that graduation rate we have? Isn't that something for Buzz to shove in LW's face?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1695 on: March 27, 2012, 11:40:20 AM »

Had the amigos for one year with basically only Lazar after that. Jimmy committed after Buzz got the job.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #1696 on: March 27, 2012, 11:40:36 AM »
Ummm, you really think all of our players will stay? You think our recruits won't follow? SMU isn't in the Big East until next year, so Buzz could take current players with him. Imagine facing SMU in 2013, and their starting lineup is Duane Wilson, Vander, Davante, Steve Taylor, etc.

HAHAHAHAAHAHA....take a chill pill bro. Man this thread has gotten out of hand. Buzz still ain't goin' anywhere.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1697 on: March 27, 2012, 11:41:09 AM »
Sultan
Of course the program is both on and off the court. If last years or this years issues are major they should fire him. If not, which I believe, let the man do his job. If last years mess was so major they should have came clean then and fired the coach. If there was mutual coverup all parties are quilts as charged.

I highly doubt t he players in question would have played this year if school felt it was a risk. I believe this is running scared and doing so because they are worried it could happen again.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #1698 on: March 27, 2012, 11:41:34 AM »
Ummm, you really think all of our players will stay? You think our recruits won't follow? SMU isn't in the Big East until next year, so Buzz could take current players with him. Imagine facing SMU in 2013, and their starting lineup is Duane Wilson, Vander, Davante, Steve Taylor, etc.

Those kids will NOT be going to SMU with him.  Those guys don't even know what SMU is and when they figure out what their basketball program is, they'll decline.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #1699 on: March 27, 2012, 11:42:34 AM »
The terms are probably real simple....recruit ND or Northwestern type kids. If I were Buzz I could call their bluff big time....don't want me, can me!!! If they can him it would expose whatever they are pissed off about. My guess they are pissed off about the assault incident.

None of the kids Buzz has brought in came in with a reputation as a troublemaker.  And they've all been good kids here.  Did some of them get into a bad situation?  Maybe.  But they wouldn't be the first MU student to have that happen. Unless you stipulate a GPA - which has nothing to do with conduct - how do you restrict him?  No one with a previous parking ticket?

feedback