collapse

* Recent Posts

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 06:36:07 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:25:35 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507010 times)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #1450 on: March 27, 2012, 08:36:11 AM »

We're Famous!

<a href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/153992/were-all-famous" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/153992/were-all-famous</a>

A legit news outlet is reporting what's being said on message boards?! That's just embarassing.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Why ‘force’ so many threads into one?
« Reply #1451 on: March 27, 2012, 08:39:35 AM »
Yes.  I didn't think it would get through the first time, since it didn't get through yesterday.  I don't think it can be stressed enough that you can't suddenly figure everything out by listening to what Buzz didn't say.

But didn't you see the way he raised his eyebrows after making the "The butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker" comment? And how many times did he tap his fingers on the desk...he's trying to communicate without letting everyone know! There must be something there!

*Begins looking at google images of Buzz for hidden clues*
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1452 on: March 27, 2012, 08:40:34 AM »
A legit news outlet is reporting what's being said on message boards?! That's just embarassing.

Who said they were legit?

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #1453 on: March 27, 2012, 08:41:48 AM »
I have to go with Mazo's   Keep it southside!
+1 Brazillion
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1454 on: March 27, 2012, 08:42:33 AM »
If any MU personal hop on the fast park shuttle at Mitchell I will alert all of you via Bat Call

FYI:  As a van driver I must give you the rules on tipping your van driver.  If I dont touch your bags you have no obligation to tip.  If I do carry your bag one dollar is totally acceptable.  If you and your wife travel and both have a bag than two dollars is cool.  If you are a family of 5 and each have a giant bag, plus Skis, and Golf Clubs than 5 dollars is good.  

If you dont have any money that is totally cool, just say "hey, Im out of cash but i appreciate your service"  this is a really cool move.    However;  If you dont have cash and you shake my hand and say "Nice JOb"  than that is bull.

Or you can

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #1455 on: March 27, 2012, 08:43:30 AM »
http://goo.gl/p5cV8

That's a Twitter link to 8 current players / coaches on the team. If something happens, I'm betting on Twitter first.
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

mr.MUskie

• All American
Re: Why ‘force’ so many threads into one?
« Reply #1456 on: March 27, 2012, 08:44:42 AM »
Yes.  I didn't think it would get through the first time, since it didn't get through yesterday.  I don't think it can be stressed enough that you can't suddenly figure everything out by listening to what Buzz didn't say.

Often can't figure things out by what Buzz DOES say.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1457 on: March 27, 2012, 08:45:10 AM »
Maybe IWB was as well to drive traffic to his new site.

Seems highly likely to me.

And to MU Ave who thinks we need more threads.  No.  This one will do just fine.  Why have hundreds of little trash cans for one topic when you can have one big one.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1458 on: March 27, 2012, 08:48:27 AM »

That's a Twitter link to 8 current players / coaches on the team. If something happens, I'm betting on Twitter first.

Do you run that? May I suggest adding @CJC32BOSS which is Jae Crowder and @JRwontLOSE which is Cadougan?

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #1459 on: March 27, 2012, 08:49:01 AM »

And to MU Ave who thinks we need more threads.  No.  This one will do just fine.  Why have hundreds of little trash cans for one topic when you can have one big one.

Yeah, one big dumpster is fine.

LON

• All American
« Reply #1460 on: March 27, 2012, 08:50:35 AM »

Did you just humanize yourself?

Yeah, one big dumpster is fine.

I must say though, I've had several huge LOL moments in this thread.  We've got some pretty hilarious Scoopers.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1461 on: March 27, 2012, 08:50:43 AM »
Also could add @_JWils0n which is Jamil Wilson.

MULS1999

• Walk-On
« Reply #1462 on: March 27, 2012, 08:52:39 AM »
Hearing from a good and reliable source this morning that the Athletic Department, and particularly Larry Williams, have started to reach out to big donors in order to brace them for the news of Buzz's impending departure.  Apparently, the message being delivered stresses the University's commitment to maintaining a "high quality" men's basketball program.  This same source claims that Buzz met with SMU representatives yesterday.

Given that there's been no annoucement or public confirmation from either side, anything is still theoretically possible.  But this same source has been right about things before and believes Buzz is going to leave.  

Can anyone else confirm a Buzz/SMU meeting and/or AD contact to donors re: his departure from MU?

awilhelmscream

• Starter
« Reply #1463 on: March 27, 2012, 08:52:47 AM »
Don't forget @kingmedj1 for DJO

Rubie Q

• Starter
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #1464 on: March 27, 2012, 08:53:24 AM »
Maybe IWB was as well to drive traffic to his new site.

I figured this was a given: Buzz sees he can use Ganzer to try to leverage a raise, Ganzer gets page views. No?

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #1465 on: March 27, 2012, 08:57:08 AM »

We're Famous!

*fail on embedding south park video

There are some hilarious comments on that link.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1466 on: March 27, 2012, 08:58:26 AM »
Don't forget @kingmedj1 for DJO

He's already following DJO, Mellow, CO, Mayo, Van, Gardner, Juan, and Aki.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #1467 on: March 27, 2012, 08:58:58 AM »
Hearing from a good and reliable source this morning that the Athletic Department, and particularly Larry Williams, have started to reach out to big donors in order to brace them for the news of Buzz's impending departure.  Apparently, the message being delivered stresses the University's commitment to maintaining a "high kind of low to mid-majorish quality" men's basketball program.  This same source claims that Buzz met with SMU representatives yesterday.

Given that there's been no annoucement or public confirmation from either side, anything is still theoretically possible.  But this same source has been right about things before and believes Buzz is going to leave.  

Can anyone else confirm a Buzz/SMU meeting and/or AD contact to donors re: his departure from MU?

TJ

• All American
« Reply #1468 on: March 27, 2012, 09:01:39 AM »
This thread is like Hypnotoad.  I can't stop myself from looking.  Every 3 minutes.  Even though I have lots of work to do.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1469 on: March 27, 2012, 09:02:38 AM »
Hearing from a good and reliable source this morning that the Athletic Department, and particularly Larry Williams, have started to reach out to big donors in order to brace them for the news of Buzz's impending departure.  Apparently, the message being delivered stresses the University's commitment to maintaining a "high quality" men's basketball program.  This same source claims that Buzz met with SMU representatives yesterday.

In what way are they reaching out? I imagine a phone call: Hi Dr. Booster, this is Marquette University Athletic Director, Larry Williams. I just wanted to let you know that Marquette sincerely appreciates the donations that you've made to help our athletic department become one of the best and most well-funded in the Big East. By the way, Buzz is leaving for a mid-major and we're about to become DePaul. Enjoy your Tuesday!

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #1470 on: March 27, 2012, 09:05:39 AM »

Well if true, the better have one hell of replacement ready that have already been talking to. LW will only get one shot at this.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #1471 on: March 27, 2012, 09:06:42 AM »
In what way are they reaching out? I imagine a phone call: Hi Dr. Booster, this is Marquette University Athletic Director, Larry Williams. I just wanted to let you know that Marquette sincerely appreciates the donations that you've made to help our athletic department become one of the best and most well-funded in the Big East. By the way, Buzz is leaving for a mid-major and we're about to become DePaul. Enjoy your Tuesday!

Add... Don't worry though because we think we have the inside track to hire one of the hottest young coaches around... Yep you guessed it. Brian F'n Wardle. Currently tearing it up at UW-GB, signing 7 footers left and right, in addition to a few 5 footers.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #1472 on: March 27, 2012, 09:07:08 AM »
Well if true, the better have one hell of replacement ready that have already been talking to. LW will only get one shot at this.

Anything less than Phil Jackson and there's gonna be a riot.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1473 on: March 27, 2012, 09:10:12 AM »
I just wanted to let you know that Marquette sincerely appreciates the donations that you've made to help our athletic department become one of the best and most well-funded in the Big East. By the way, Buzz is leaving for a mid-major and we're about to become DePaul  SLU. Enjoy your Tuesday![/i]

Fixed

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #1474 on: March 27, 2012, 09:10:34 AM »
I assume you mean this as a joke?

Add... Don't worry though because we think we have the inside track to hire one of the hottest young coaches around... Yep you guessed it. Brian F'n Wardle. Currently tearing it up at UW-GB, signing 7 footers left and right, in addition to a few 5 footers.