[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507019 times)

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #1425 on: March 27, 2012, 06:50:44 AM »
Heard Mazos is good, but I'd tried going there a couple times and it's always closed.
That's the place. Must cater exclusively to St. Luke's. Open from like 11-5.
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1426 on: March 27, 2012, 06:58:03 AM »
Here's my take on people who use have "sources" they can't name.

1) Chances are, if you can't post the person's name, you aren't supposed to be putting it on the internet for thousands to read.

2) If you can't post the source's name, you really hold no credibility.

Those two together really make this hard to believe.

Awww...look at the cute little journalism student!!!

The fact is I reported what I found out, and confirmed with someone else on this board.  There is a players meeting this morning to address the coaching rumors.  They don't know if it is good news or bad news, but if they were betting it would be to put those rumors to bed.

What worries me most is that IWB hasn't followed up with anything definitive.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1427 on: March 27, 2012, 07:28:23 AM »
now he says no team meeting scheduled for tomorrow and "no decisions made" - whatever that means

Can someone tell me where this was? Didn't see anything on IWB's twitter, nothing on the website, and no posts on either here or Scout indicating anything of the sort.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TJ

• All American
Re: Why ‘force’ so many threads into one?
« Reply #1428 on: March 27, 2012, 07:29:08 AM »
By saying nothing, Buzz is confirming that he is considering a move, no?
No. No. No. NO. No. No. NO. Emphatic No. Absolutely Not. NO. No. NO.

By saying nothing, Buzz is saying nothing.  Saying nothing does not mean anything at all.  The truth could be either way, but you'll never figure it out by inferring from the nothing someone said.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #1429 on: March 27, 2012, 07:48:05 AM »
at 10:21 PM in the MU Forum on his site...

Can someone tell me where this was? Didn't see anything on IWB's twitter, nothing on the website, and no posts on either here or Scout indicating anything of the sort.

NCAARules

• Starter
« Reply #1430 on: March 27, 2012, 07:48:59 AM »
Yes, from IWB and Goodman online, and both 58 and 6 have covered it locally. Not sure about the Dallas end.

Now wait a second... the report I saw last night was 58 essentially reporting what was happening on "local Marquette message boards".  There was not one shred of news/fact in the report I saw.

Merely, the meltdown here and on the other board served as a reason to get this into the news.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #1431 on: March 27, 2012, 08:06:28 AM »
at 10:21 PM in the MU Forum on his site...

Get Sultan out of bed to confirm this!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1432 on: March 27, 2012, 08:08:06 AM »
Source spoke directly to a player who confirmed meeting today. Confirmed meeting from another independent source. IWB is likely getting info from Buzz so I don't know what is going on but a lot of people seem to know about this meeting that isn't taking place.   

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #1433 on: March 27, 2012, 08:10:22 AM »

Awww...look at the cute little journalism student!!!

Among other things ESPN has done to ruin sports journalism is allow the proliferation of "sources are telling me" stories. When in doubt just make something up, toss a "sources tell me" on the front of it and magically you have a job on ESPN as an "insider"

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1434 on: March 27, 2012, 08:18:26 AM »
I didn't watch the 58 report, I just knew they had a story addressing it. No idea where they sourced it from, if it was local message boards, I guess we're the ones driving the media now ;D

Fox 6, however, did have this story earlier. Along with Goodman and IWB, that seems to be where the initial panic generated from.

Either way, this just sucks. I feel like this is a yo-yo ride. It starts, we go down as we hear "Buzz to...", then it goes up as we all have a good laugh hearing "...SMU", then it goes down as a few trusted sources say "should MU be concerned? The answer is yes", then it goes up as other sources say "it's being worked out, we can breathe easy now", then it goes down with conflicting reports of the meeting and the simple delay of nothing being said.

If Buzz leaves for another job I feel it will be indicative that MU's administration doesn't have a long-term plan for the success of the program. Even if they follow Buzz up with a home-run hire, I think the blueprint is already in place. Letting Buzz go would be the equivalent of firing Al McGuire after the 1969 season.

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #1435 on: March 27, 2012, 08:22:58 AM »
Well, I'm glad it's this morning. Will make it much easier to work with this behind us. But ... unless Buzz leaves, will this thread even hit 60 pages? Is that not a thing any more?
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1436 on: March 27, 2012, 08:23:53 AM »
Did Arnold Palmer invent the Arnold Palmer or just popularize it?

Im pretty sure someone else had to have mixed those two before.  Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer adds cough syrup and lights up the coctail calls it the flaming homer, than he goes to Mo who renames it the Flaming Mo and markets the crap out of it

TJ

• All American
« Reply #1437 on: March 27, 2012, 08:26:18 AM »
Because I've now had to answer this question almost verbatim three times in the last two days (to be fair, twice it was your question), it needs to be said again:

No.  Buzz cannot confirm something by not talking.  Simply not possible.  He also cannot be expected to comment every time another school asks to talk to him just to appease the fanbase.  He has better things to do and the fanbase shouldn't be so fickle.

So, to answer your question, no.  Buzz is not confirming anything by not saying anything.  Buzz may stay, Buzz may leave, but you aren't going to figure that out by reading between the lines of nothing.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1438 on: March 27, 2012, 08:27:10 AM »
Five Guys is fantastic, and the original Sobelman's is far better than the new one, but not even Solly's is in the running for best burger in Milwaukee. And no...not AJ Bombers either. The best burger in Milwaukee is now the Blackjack Burger at Potowatomi. Unbelievably good, without a doubt the best burger I've ever had. Really surprised it doesn't get more pub locally. If you haven't had it, it's worth a trip to the Fire Pit.

I have to go with Mazo's   Keep it southside!

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1439 on: March 27, 2012, 08:28:12 AM »
Well, I'm glad it's this morning. Will make it much easier to work with this behind us. But ... unless Buzz leaves, will this thread even hit 60 pages? Is that not a thing any more?

It'll hit 60 still...probably more. My guess is that within the next 4-6 hours, we'll hear if there was or wasn't a meeting, and what did or didn't happen at the meeting that did or didn't take place. The speculation from multiple sources will keep driving this a bit longer, and once we have an answer, for better or worse, this will get another nice little spike. I think 75 is still very possible, and 100 isn't out of the question.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1440 on: March 27, 2012, 08:29:36 AM »

Um, do you mind trying to stay on topic.

In-n-Out from back in the day, when there were just a few Southern California locations blew away Five Guys. Sadly bigger is not always better.

(BTW, while I was typing this, there were 7 more replies)

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1441 on: March 27, 2012, 08:30:22 AM »
This thread can not die until it gets to at least 75 pages.  As a shuttle van driver for the Airport, I will put in my dues to make sure that every flight to Dallas has a mandatory check of the Passenger Manifest for anyone named Williams or Buzz.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1442 on: March 27, 2012, 08:30:32 AM »
Lawwarrior you can choose to believe me or not. I rarely post this kind of stuff here. Not like I have a history of throw crap against a wall and hoping something sticks. If I turn out to be wrong I will not run and hide either.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1443 on: March 27, 2012, 08:30:44 AM »
Most of the threads dealing with Buzz Williams and his future at Marquette University are being blended into one thread, which is now way too long and impossible to peruse unless one has hours to kill.

Perhaps this is an effort to create the mother of all threads for this site. But to what end?

Why not keep threads separate so people can read and perhaps reply to specific topics? If there are many, so be it. This is an important topic.

I still want to know if we know more today than we knew yesterday.

Has Buzz or anyone else on the inside commented publicly?

Has there been news coverage that has moved the story forward?

Does anyone know a single fact related to Buzz Williams’ future at Marquette University?

For the record, I find it hilarious that this was forced into another thread ;)

Because I've now had to answer this question almost verbatim three times in the last two days (to be fair, twice it was your question), it needs to be said again:

No.  Buzz cannot confirm something by not talking.  Simply not possible.  He also cannot be expected to comment every time another school asks to talk to him just to appease the fanbase.  He has better things to do and the fanbase shouldn't be so fickle.

So, to answer your question, no.  Buzz is not confirming anything by not saying anything.  Buzz may stay, Buzz may leave, but you aren't going to figure that out by reading between the lines of nothing.

And TJ...didn't you already basically say the exact same thing in response to the exact same post right here?  ?-(

No. No. No. NO. No. No. NO. Emphatic No. Absolutely Not. NO. No. NO.

By saying nothing, Buzz is saying nothing.  Saying nothing does not mean anything at all.  The truth could be either way, but you'll never figure it out by inferring from the nothing someone said.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #1444 on: March 27, 2012, 08:31:25 AM »
I didn't watch the 58 report, I just knew they had a story addressing it. No idea where they sourced it from, if it was local message boards, I guess we're the ones driving the media now ;D

Fox 6, however, did have this story earlier. Along with Goodman and IWB, that seems to be where the initial panic generated from.

Either way, this just sucks. I feel like this is a yo-yo ride. It starts, we go down as we hear "Buzz to...", then it goes up as we all have a good laugh hearing "...SMU", then it goes down as a few trusted sources say "should MU be concerned? The answer is yes", then it goes up as other sources say "it's being worked out, we can breathe easy now", then it goes down with conflicting reports of the meeting and the simple delay of nothing being said.

If Buzz leaves for another job I feel it will be indicative that MU's administration doesn't have a long-term plan for the success of the program. Even if they follow Buzz up with a home-run hire, I think the blueprint is already in place. Letting Buzz go would be the equivalent of firing Al McGuire after the 1969 season.
I hear ya, but I simply don't believe any of it to be true.  For your sanity and a much smoother ride it works out very well.

I believe that Buzz and LW had some discussions and worked out some issues or plan to do so, but I do not believe that anything substantive was ever close to happening.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1445 on: March 27, 2012, 08:32:04 AM »
Sadly bigger is not always better.

O thank goodness I was worried that I wasnt measuring up, but than my wife used those words to assure me I was adequate.  Thanks I needed that.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1446 on: March 27, 2012, 08:32:12 AM »
This thread can not die until it gets to at least 75 pages.  As a shuttle van driver for the Airport, I will put in my dues to make sure that every flight to Dallas has a mandatory check of the Passenger Manifest for anyone named Williams or Buzz.

Also keep an eye out for anyone named "Brent" ;)

Aughnanure

• All American
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 08:37:25 AM by Aughnanure »
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

TJ

• All American
« Reply #1448 on: March 27, 2012, 08:32:54 AM »
For the record, I find it hilarious that this was forced into another thread ;)

And TJ...didn't you already basically say the exact same thing in response to the exact same post right here?  ?-(

Yes.  I didn't think it would get through the first time, since it didn't get through yesterday.  I don't think it can be stressed enough that you can't suddenly figure everything out by listening to what Buzz didn't say.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #1449 on: March 27, 2012, 08:34:44 AM »
Check for "Brent" too.