[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507186 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #1150 on: March 26, 2012, 08:45:35 PM »

1. There is a players meeting tomorrow that Buzz called late today.
2. It is not about end of the year assessments
3. I have been told by two different people it is *likely* to squash rumors, but they do not know 100 percent for sure.

Again the basic facts, if true, are good.  

Buzz will be in Milwaukee again tomorrow (not Dallas)
He will be talking to his team (not SMU).

You don't announce your leaving like this.  So that the kids can twist your arm to stay.  You leave, make the announcement from Dallas and then after things die down in a few weeks, you call them.

As harsh as that sounds, this is the only way to do it.  This is not what is happening here.

Bob "Big Daddy" Wild

• Starter
« Reply #1151 on: March 26, 2012, 08:46:05 PM »
Former president.  Part-time MUScooper.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #1152 on: March 26, 2012, 08:46:13 PM »
No, reinko... THIS is this thread.  Whole lot of Denethors, not a lot of Gandalfs.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yP_q4yrP4Hs&amp;fs=1&amp;source=uds" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yP_q4yrP4Hs&amp;fs=1&amp;source=uds</a>

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1153 on: March 26, 2012, 08:47:37 PM »
Maybe the Mods can spambot LWill and the Padre like they did for the voting for Spaniel's daughter as the athlete of the week?

btw, out here in the Central Valley and heard the guy in front of me at the In & Out drive through order the "Jerry Wainwright to MU Special"  

In & Out:  probably my biggest food disappointment ever.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1154 on: March 26, 2012, 08:48:55 PM »
Until the next off court incident. It's not going to end, no matter how powerful Buzz thinks he may be. One serious off court incident and he is gone. That can not be a comfortable working environment for Buzz. And that is still the heart of the matter. He and the team will be under the microscope no matter what the AD tells Buzz right now. There is no getting away from it. If you don't believe it just wait until the next incident happens, no matter how small it may seem. The Journal Sentinel will put it on front page no matter what.

So what you're saying is the men's basketball program will henceforth answer directly to the Milwaukee Journal, channel 6 and local sport's talk radio. Basketball player under 21 has a drink or somebody jaywalks and it's curtains for the coach. If you're right and the administration is that eager to throw Buzz under the bus, I'd say his departure is inevitable, probably sooner rather than later. And if anyone thinks Illinois looks pathetic being turned down by multiple mid major coaches (they do), just wait. Nobody with an ounce of self worth will want to work here under this administration.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1155 on: March 26, 2012, 08:51:31 PM »

You don't announce your leaving like this.  So that the kids can twist your arm to stay.  You leave, make the announcement from Dallas and then after things die down in a few weeks, you call them.

That's fresh out of the Crean playbook. Don't think that's how Buzz rolls.

awilhelmscream

• Starter
« Reply #1156 on: March 26, 2012, 08:51:49 PM »
So what you're saying is the men's basketball program will henceforth answer directly to the Milwaukee Journal, channel 6 and local sport's talk radio. Basketball player under 21 has a drink or somebody jaywalks and it's curtains for the coach. If you're right and the administration is that eager to throw Buzz under the bus, I'd say his departure is inevitable, probably sooner rather than later. And if anyone thinks Illinois looks pathetic being turned down by multiple mid major coaches (they do), just wait. Nobody with an ounce of self worth will want to work here under this administration.

Good up and comers would still take a job here, just not for very long.  We'd truly become a stepping stone job.

seinfeld

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #1157 on: March 26, 2012, 08:51:54 PM »
and on a lighter note, the USA U-23 soccer team faces a must win game against El Salvador in CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tonight.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1158 on: March 26, 2012, 08:51:58 PM »
Oh damn, they're taking it outside closed doors now.    Hear there's a brass knuckle fight planned on 16th and Wisconsin between Pilarz and Buzz noon tomorrow.  

nope, an old school duel.  Buzz slapped Pilarz with the glove today.  Larry is Pilarz's second.  Buzz's second is a yet to be determined "insider."  Pilarz has the choice of weapons, but given the priesthood's aversion to shedding blood, expect something blunt.

The blunt object is bad news for Buzz, as he is a crack shot with the pistol, but Pilarz is a madman with the staff.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1159 on: March 26, 2012, 08:52:22 PM »
In & Out:  probably my biggest disappointment ever.

"That's what she said"   ;D

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1160 on: March 26, 2012, 08:53:04 PM »
Ha-ha, lab-warrior - although one of the few things I didn't like about Return of the King was its portrayal of Denethor as compared to the books.
Another MU, wasn't one of the things we disliked about the way Crean left (sorry to open up old wounds) was that he in fact didn't tell the team in person until after they heard it on ESPN?  And how bad we thought that was?  So wouldn't want Buzz to do the same, although I'm opening he's meeting them to tell them he's not leaving.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #1161 on: March 26, 2012, 08:53:37 PM »

Agreed. Way, way over rated.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1162 on: March 26, 2012, 08:54:17 PM »
What I meant was, I'm hoping he's meeting to tell them he's staying.  Can't type anymore.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1163 on: March 26, 2012, 08:56:26 PM »

Your wife is saying the same thing  ;D
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #1164 on: March 26, 2012, 08:56:33 PM »
What I meant was, I'm hoping he's meeting to tell them he's staying.  Can't type anymore.

Come on man, pull it together.  There is a lot of typing left in this thread if we are to meet our goal!

chapman

• All American
« Reply #1165 on: March 26, 2012, 08:56:50 PM »
really? two months from now, bar fight or some type of assault happens and you think Buzz keeps his job? Wow, you think because Buzz wins this power play that there is no microscope on the team?

It will all be ok.  So long as three of them don't show up to campus and spend their first week looting the freshman dorms.  That only makes a slight blurb on page 17 of the Urinel Scentinel.  Or maybe it's cause that was in Madison and if a player breaks wind in downtown Milwaukee it's front page material.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1166 on: March 26, 2012, 08:56:59 PM »
Uh-oh, El Salvador is up 2-1.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #1167 on: March 26, 2012, 08:57:03 PM »
Another MU, wasn't one of the things we disliked about the way Crean left (sorry to open up old wounds) was that he in fact didn't tell the team in person until after they heard it on ESPN?  And how bad we thought that was?  So wouldn't want Buzz to do the same, although I'm opening he's meeting them to tell them he's not leaving.

What it the proper way to leave?  Hold a meeting and say your leaving so half the team can beg you to stay and the other half give you the finger?  They are not going to order a cake and give him a good-bye party.

Sure we hate how Crean did it, unfortunately that is the only way to do it (save tell someone at the university to tell the team on his behalf before ESPN tells the world).

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1168 on: March 26, 2012, 08:57:15 PM »
Agreed. Way, way over rated.

Add Shake Shack to that list.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1169 on: March 26, 2012, 08:57:41 PM »
I think the fact that the meeting is tomorrow is a great sign. I think if Buzz were leaving and at odds with the administration, he wouldn't trust them not to leak it. Also, there's just too big of a risk for it being leaked if you wait all night. The players are all on campus and most likely most of them are in study hall together at some point in the day. It's not hard to gather them up in order to announce you are leaving in order to beat the possible leak.

Like others have said, it might be a gather everyone together, squash the rumors, and maybe he and LW or Pilarz hammered out some things that he has to relay to the players as part of them reconciling some of their differences.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #1170 on: March 26, 2012, 09:00:04 PM »
What it the proper way to leave?  Hold a meeting and say your leaving so half the team can beg you to stay and the other half give you the finger?  They are not going to order a cake and give him a good-bye party.

Sure we hate how Crean did it, unfortunately that is the only way to do it (save tell someone at the university to tell the team on his behalf before ESPN tells the world).
From all I have been told, Buzz saw the players reactions to how they heard about Crean's leaving and would do all he could not to repeat that. 

seinfeld

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #1171 on: March 26, 2012, 09:00:39 PM »
Uh-oh, El Salvador is up 2-1.

yeah, the last ten minutes of the half the US looked totally inept on defense. The second half should be wide open. A draw does the US no good. They will be putting a lot of people forward.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 09:03:01 PM by seinfeld »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #1172 on: March 26, 2012, 09:01:06 PM »
Also, you don't want to breathlessly respond to every rumor by holding a meeting tonight.  They do you have to hold a meeting tomorrow night to deny Kansas State?  You meet only when the talk rises to a certain level and do it in a deliberate very business-like way.  Not a crisis like meeting at 10:30 PM.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #1173 on: March 26, 2012, 09:01:25 PM »
I think the fact that the meeting is tomorrow is a great sign. I think if Buzz were leaving and at odds with the administration, he wouldn't trust them not to leak it. Also, there's just too big of a risk for it being leaked if you wait all night. The players are all on campus and most likely most of them are in study hall together at some point in the day. It's not hard to gather them up in order to announce you are leaving in order to beat the possible leak.

Like others have said, it might be a gather everyone together, squash the rumors, and maybe he and LW or Pilarz hammered out some things that he has to relay to the players as part of them reconciling some of their differences.

Maybe they'll all sing Kumbaya.

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #1174 on: March 26, 2012, 09:02:20 PM »
Cripes, we are up to 47 pages? SMU went 13-19 this year.  Get a grip.

feedback