[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507245 times)

Warriors10

• All American
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #1050 on: March 26, 2012, 05:27:11 PM »
The title of this thread is ironic.  We have a 43 page thread on Buzz leaving to SMU of all places...how adorable are we.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #1051 on: March 26, 2012, 05:27:34 PM »
Hey guys...been working all day.  Did I miss anything?

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #1052 on: March 26, 2012, 05:35:05 PM »
Let's recap the highlights of this thread:

*Someone posts a rumor about Buzz leaving
*Board melts down after 30 pages in a few hours on Sunday
*Digger, Blue, and Durley get weaved into the thread...what a surprise
*Badger troll poses as SMU know it all and suckers Hoops, et al into believing he is an all-knowing SMU insider
*CT make his first successful batch of Real Chili at home, minus oyster crackers
*Alleged fighter pilot on magic mushrooms (allegedly) posts haiku rants till 2AM...by the way if your are in the military, THANK YOU for your service.
*Tony "Bedford" no where to be found
*24 hours later, this is still an unsubstantiated rumor

Did I miss any highlights?

Didn't read this thread when it started at 2-3 pages. then boom 43. Thanks chili for catching me up

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #1053 on: March 26, 2012, 05:43:08 PM »
From the SMU board, posted about half an hour ago...

Buzz isn't dead, but was never as lively as many wanted to believe. You have to be careful w/booster leaks during coaching searches, b/c they're seldom neutral and don't rep the person potentially being hired, just the wishes of the admin/school.

The reality is that he's really cagey, just doesn't like his new AD/Pres. He's using this offer in the court of public opinion to get them to bend down and kiss the ring. Its not so much about money, as much as getting them to let him do business as usual, which has provided many JCs and a small crime wave lol. It's not over, but the longer it drags etc...

Obviously, Seth is in play, as are a few other guys on that level. I've been told there is probably someone, maybe two someones, between buzz & Seth. There is also a small school coach in the running, who is a darkhorse. He's a great coach that would do well here, but its certainly a step up. I know this fella somewhat, so trying to confirm

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1054 on: March 26, 2012, 05:50:23 PM »
One thing that I completely forgot about until a couple minutes ago, and was common knowledge at the time, but I don't think has been part of anyone's thought process the past few days...

Buzz stepped down from the UNO job because he felt that he wasn't getting enough of a commitment from administration. When he did so, he went from a head coaching job to what many would see as a step down as an assistant on TC's bench.

If he doesn't feel he has adequate support from Marquette's administration, he's already shown he has no fear about taking a lesser role in exchange for a situation he feels more comfortable in.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1055 on: March 26, 2012, 05:52:09 PM »
One thing that I completely forgot about until a couple minutes ago, and was common knowledge at the time, but I don't think has been part of anyone's thought process the past few days...

Buzz stepped down from the UNO job because he felt that he wasn't getting enough of a commitment from administration. When he did so, he went from a head coaching job to what many would see as a step down as an assistant on TC's bench.

If he doesn't feel he has adequate support from Marquette's administration, he's already shown he has no fear about taking a lesser role in exchange for a situation he feels more comfortable in.

You had to do this brew?

Commence...  SKY IS FALLING PART 63

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #1056 on: March 26, 2012, 05:53:01 PM »

That has crossed my mind as well.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #1057 on: March 26, 2012, 05:55:04 PM »
You had to do this brew?

Commence...  SKY IS FALLING PART 63

Well, we still have a while to catch the 2400+ post Baseball Pissing Match thread.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1058 on: March 26, 2012, 05:55:54 PM »
The other board mentions a JS article where the current AD was critical of Buzz.  If accurate, can anyone provide a link, or a quote from that article?  Thanks in advance.
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1059 on: March 26, 2012, 05:56:00 PM »
Brew...I think MU is more worried about Buzz staying than leaving. That said, Buzz wins by staying in this case. It is not as much as about having support because he will, it is about the fact staying will drive the brass crazy. One aspect not discussed in detail much is the what the admin thinks of Buzz. Do they like him or do they think he is a big risk?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #1060 on: March 26, 2012, 05:56:23 PM »
We are going to hit 60 pages tonight, aren't we?  ;D

CT, got any chili left over?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1061 on: March 26, 2012, 06:17:29 PM »
The other board mentions a JS article where the current AD was critical of Buzz.  If accurate, can anyone provide a link, or a quote from that article?  Thanks in advance.

This is the article by Don Walker...

http://m.jsonline.com/more/sports/goldeneagles/141323703.htm

And this is the passage:

Quote from: Don Walker
"I expect Buzz back. Want him back," Williams said. "I think we started something good with him. . . . I'd be excited to help him grow as a coach."

Last year, Buzz Williams signed a new contract with a rollover that reportedly pays him $2 million a year. Larry Williams did not disclose details of the deal but said Marquette has the coach under contract for multiple years.

Larry Williams, a former professional football player, likes his head coach's zeal for the game. But he was a little concerned when Williams did a little dance on the floor at West Virginia after his Golden Eagles defeated the Mountaineers recently. Buzz Williams quickly apologized.

"He's an emotional guy, passionate guy, but if you're going to have long-term success, you have to channel that and control that," the athletic director said. "He was happy as a clam to dance across the court, but he didn't think about offending somebody else.

"But that is his passion and exuberance. He is either going to explode because his tie is on too tight or he's going to offend somebody that is irrevocable."

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #1062 on: March 26, 2012, 06:19:31 PM »
From the SMU board, posted about half an hour ago...

Buzz isn't dead, but was never as lively as many wanted to believe. You have to be careful w/booster leaks during coaching searches, b/c they're seldom neutral and don't rep the person potentially being hired, just the wishes of the admin/school.

The reality is that he's really cagey, just doesn't like his new AD/Pres. He's using this offer in the court of public opinion to get them to bend down and kiss the ring. Its not so much about money, as much as getting them to let him do business as usual, which has provided many JCs and a small crime wave lol. It's not over, but the longer it drags etc...

Obviously, Seth is in play, as are a few other guys on that level. I've been told there is probably someone, maybe two someones, between buzz & Seth. There is also a small school coach in the running, who is a darkhorse. He's a great coach that would do well here, but its certainly a step up. I know this fella somewhat, so trying to confirm

The bolded part continues to annoy me to no end.  Of the JC's that Buzz has brought to MU, only one (DJO) has had any public disciplinary issues.  It's so sad that some people have these prejudices and don't bother taking the time to actually look at who these guys are.  To hear Jimmy Butler's story, or read about how Jae Crowder had to do two years of academic work in one (due to being misled by his first JUCO coach) all the while winning NJCAA player of the year, and then see people look down at them because they went to Junior College is so...well, I don't even think there's a word for it.  
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:25:07 PM by Small Orange Soda »

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1063 on: March 26, 2012, 06:21:43 PM »
You had to do this brew?

LOL  :D

Mentioned it more for the future than the present. While it's great that there was a mass email campaign today to show support for Buzz, it's important that this be done on a continual basis. Maybe we should get a group together of people willing to email both Williams and Pilarz once every 6 months. If we can find 180 or so people, that will ensure they each get about one email per day showing support for Buzz.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #1064 on: March 26, 2012, 06:30:57 PM »
Whew.  ...   I was worried 5 pages ago, when Goose announced Buzz was staying, that this wonderful thread would die.  Thankfully, 5 pages later, Brew comes through for us all!  Thanks Brew.  Let's shoot for 100 now ladies and gentlemen.  I think we can do it!!

The Process

• All American
« Reply #1065 on: March 26, 2012, 06:36:08 PM »
Oooooh - any chance we can get two more posts deleted?  I'm sitting at 1002 now...

Only if the ones replacing them talk about

Relax. Respect the Process.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #1066 on: March 26, 2012, 06:38:20 PM »
Virginia Tech's Seth Greenberg says he has no interest in opening at smu. "I am putting all of my focus into building our program

When is Buzz going to make a similar statement so that we can all get some rest tonight?

If this is keeping you up at night, time to check your priorities.

Has it ever dawned on anyone that Buzz is just meeting with SMU to remind MUs powers that be that he has options and therefore leverage? He's not going anywhere. SMU, cmon. It doesn't pass the sniff test.

It's called a power play. Goes on all the time.
We Are Marquette

TJ

• All American
« Reply #1067 on: March 26, 2012, 06:39:04 PM »
Hey guys...been working all day.  Did I miss anything?
No

ultimate

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #1068 on: March 26, 2012, 06:45:45 PM »
I'm sick of this thread...we should charge money to post on this monster...

Go Read this...
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=31997.0

yup...promoting my own post

JD

• All American
« Reply #1069 on: March 26, 2012, 06:50:37 PM »
Stupid faces!!

There, just wanted to chime in.

“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1070 on: March 26, 2012, 07:09:43 PM »
Bump

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1071 on: March 26, 2012, 07:16:35 PM »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1072 on: March 26, 2012, 07:26:05 PM »

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #1073 on: March 26, 2012, 07:27:20 PM »
Bump

Sadly this contributed more than most posts on this thread.  Including this post.

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
Do we know any more today than we knew yesterday?
« Reply #1074 on: March 26, 2012, 07:31:34 PM »
The flurry over Buzz Williams’ future at Marquette has become absurd.

Do we know any more today than we knew yesterday?

Has Buzz or anyone else on the inside commented publicly? By saying nothing, Buzz is only confirming that he is considering a move, no?

Has there been news coverage that has moved the story forward?

Does anyone know a single fact?