[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507339 times)

TJ

• All American
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #950 on: March 26, 2012, 01:18:00 PM »
It's not that I don't believe Buzz.  I'm just going on experience.  I've heard many, many coaches say the same things.  I've seen very, very few stay.  Usually (although not always) they're telling the truth at the time.

Like I said, I'll enjoy Buzz as long as he stays.  If that's for the next 25 years, I'll be very happy (as that would mean that he's doing a good job).
I understand.  I'm with you even, but I don't care.  I trust Buzz's word when he said he'll stay as long as MU will have him, even if that means I get burned someday.  Maybe that's foolish, but it seems a lot better to me than the crazy going on here the last few days - panicking every time another program asks to speak to him about an open position.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #951 on: March 26, 2012, 01:20:00 PM »
Goose,

Can you add some detail to your "Buzz is unhappy" statement/belief?

What exactly is he unhappy about? Is L. Williams really a big problem? Can he and Buzz coexist? Is this all being overblown? Is Buzz (or larry) just difficult to work with?

My feeling is that this is all being overblown by the internet, but you have been constantly saying that you know Buzz isn't happy. Do you have some details?  

We have a 38 page thread with you and MUguru using a lot of innuendo, but never really laying out any specific details about why Buzz isn't happy(from what I can tell).

You just answered that question in your own post, sir. 

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #952 on: March 26, 2012, 01:32:26 PM »
Holy Batcrap!!!

Do you all realize the thread on the SMU board that started this crapfest is only 11 pages long itself?

Just another shining example of how much better the Marquette basketball program is.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #953 on: March 26, 2012, 01:35:04 PM »
You just answered that question in your own post, sir.  

You're right, and I'm not as dumb as my post.

I just want Goose, MUguru and whoever else to lay out the details of what they know, and what they are trying to say.

Here's what I KNOW:

- MU spends a TON of hoops
- Dick Strong is a big supporter and pays a good chunk
- MU utilizes hoops as a marketing tool
- The current president came from Georgetown
- The current AD was approved by the President and the BOT, and has a background at revenue producing athletic programs (ND)
- MU just ADDED another sport
- Buzz is brutally honest with his players, even in the media.
- L. Williams made some honest and interesting comments about Buzz.
- The team and the school have taken a PR hit due to some questionable decision making by the players.
- IWB made a blog post using the term "relationships"

These are things that I know.

2 Posters (maybe a couple of others) here have insinuated 3 things:

#1 Buzz is unhappy with the current admin.
#2 The current admin. wouldn't mind seeing Buzz go
#3 The current admin. would like to spend less on athletics

Its hard for me to really believe any of these 3 things given what I've written above.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 01:36:48 PM by 2002MUalum »

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #954 on: March 26, 2012, 01:43:55 PM »
This is a great post -- and I would only add -- if the insinuation #3 is true I would be deeply disappointed -- even more-so than losing a coach.  Now I am officially in the longest thread competition!

I just want Goose, MUguru and whoever else to lay out the details of what they know, and what they are trying to say.

Here's what I KNOW:

- The current AD was approved by the President and the BOT, and has a background at revenue producing athletic programs (ND)
- The team and the school have taken a PR hit due to some questionable decision making by the players.

Its hard for me to really believe any of these 3 things given what I've written above.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #955 on: March 26, 2012, 01:45:46 PM »

Here's what I KNOW:

The 38 pages can be summed up in this one post.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #956 on: March 26, 2012, 01:46:42 PM »
2002 and LabWarrior

Believe it or not but I do have credible sources that have inside information on the situation. My sources have very clearly stated that Buzz is very unhappy and very possibly the school has similar feelings. If you want me to out sources, forget it. I am not going to defend myself to you in anyway. You can take my posts as being WAY off base or possibly posts from someone that knows a lot more than you do.

What I really do not understand is why all the anger? BigDaddy posted for two weeks but stated what you wanted to hear and he was gospel. If my stating Buzz was unhappy well before any of you experts had heard that was not evidence I might be right...so be it.

I have stated over and over again I WANT TO BE WRONG...WANT TO EAT CROW. If I am stupid enough to put myself into spot of looking stupid it either makes me someone with inside information or a complete fool. I already know your answer and time will tell if you are correct or not.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #957 on: March 26, 2012, 01:51:52 PM »
Not only did Buzz last year state he was not going anywhere he questioned why people would doubt him when he has never gone against his word.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #958 on: March 26, 2012, 01:52:37 PM »
2002 and LabWarrior

Believe it or not but I do have credible sources that have inside information on the situation. My sources have very clearly stated that Buzz is very unhappy and very possibly the school has similar feelings. If you want me to out sources, forget it. I am not going to defend myself to you in anyway. You can take my posts as being WAY off base or possibly posts from someone that knows a lot more than you do.

What I really do not understand is why all the anger? BigDaddy posted for two weeks but stated what you wanted to hear and he was gospel. If my stating Buzz was unhappy well before any of you experts had heard that was not evidence I might be right...so be it.

I have stated over and over again I WANT TO BE WRONG...WANT TO EAT CROW. If I am stupid enough to put myself into spot of looking stupid it either makes me someone with inside information or a complete fool. I already know your answer and time will tell if you are correct or not.

We get it...for the 100th time, and that's just on this post.  You're such a f***ing martyr.  

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #959 on: March 26, 2012, 01:53:15 PM »
2002 and LabWarrior

I haven't gotten angry once, nor have I asked you to out your sources.

I'm trying to give you a chance to provide some detail into what you know. You've seen what I've posted. What do you know that is so different from that?

"Buzz is unhappy". Great. Can you provide some specifics? Is it like how I "hate my boss", or is it a real fundamental difference? Is it because of the off the court stuff? Is it the WV stuff?

Last year, Buzz got a LARGE new contract. Why the change of heart from both parties this year?

Pilarz and LW just hate Buzz? I mean, c'mon.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #960 on: March 26, 2012, 01:54:26 PM »
LabWarrior...almost want you to eat to crow but doubt you could ever be wrong. Fortunately in your posts bashing me you have taken time to add the idiotic pictures you find to be clever.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #961 on: March 26, 2012, 02:01:20 PM »
I blame IWB for 75% of this thread.

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #962 on: March 26, 2012, 02:03:57 PM »
I blame IWB for 75% of this thread.

I blame Chico's.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #963 on: March 26, 2012, 02:09:33 PM »
I blame Mbakwe.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #964 on: March 26, 2012, 02:10:23 PM »
The 38 pages can be summed up in this one post.
Please.  He didn't say anything about piloting airplanes, Starsky & Hutch Quotes, or kringles... so I'd say he missed a few key points.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #965 on: March 26, 2012, 02:10:28 PM »
Well I did make the home version Real Chili yesterday including spagetti on the bowl bottom.  It was very good.  No oyster crackers.  Didn't want to take a chance on thrown crackers everywhere.
Mmmmmmm, chili!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #966 on: March 26, 2012, 02:12:34 PM »
2002 and LabWarrior

Have you ever thought for a moment that your "sources" are a) credible, but not actually "in the know," b) seem credible but are actually relaying hearsay that's gone through multiple levels of paraphrasing/revision or c) jerking you around?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #967 on: March 26, 2012, 02:13:47 PM »
J'accuse President Felix Faure!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #968 on: March 26, 2012, 02:18:43 PM »
Benny B...I am almost 50 years, my sources are not ball boys for the program. It is funny that no one has credible sources that they quote saying Buzz is happy.

Dreadman24

• Team Captain
« Reply #969 on: March 26, 2012, 02:20:22 PM »
Benny B...I am almost 50 years, my sources are not ball boys for the program. It is funny that no one has credible sources that they quote saying Buzz is happy.

+1

TJ

• All American
« Reply #970 on: March 26, 2012, 02:26:16 PM »
the smoking gun...

79Warrior

• All American
So how does this impact recruiting?
« Reply #971 on: March 26, 2012, 02:27:53 PM »

Sure puts the program in a quandry. If Buzz goes you have to figure many of the recruits bail.

If he stays, how many coaches recruiting against MU will use the current issues to their advantage? You can hear it now, Buzz is not going to stick around, etc

Assuming Buzz stays, we almost need a public Kumbaya presser to reassure everyone things are all good. Unless you get a "long haul committment" to the program, nobody will want to come here if the coach is looking after every season.  imo, the end result of this debacle is recruiting just got quite a bit harder.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #972 on: March 26, 2012, 02:28:10 PM »

Goose, I'll believe anything you tell me, the second you start telling me something other than "buzz is unhappy".

Why is he unhappy? What changes have caused a rift? You imply that LW wants to take the program in another direction, what direction is that?

Can you just write out what you know instead of making 1 sentence posts about this in several threads?

I'm not saying you are wrong, or your source is wrong, but you haven't given us anything.

Goose

• All American
Re: So how does this impact recruiting?
« Reply #973 on: March 26, 2012, 02:28:44 PM »
Buzz is staying and will not affect recruiting one bit.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #974 on: March 26, 2012, 02:29:46 PM »
2002---I'll give you this. BUZZ IS NOT GOING TO SMU OR ANYWHERE ELSE!!!!! Bank it!!!!