[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507261 times)

mr.MUskie

• All American
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #925 on: March 26, 2012, 12:12:14 PM »
All of this is irrelevant.  The world is going to end on December 21st.  No more FFs for anyone.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #926 on: March 26, 2012, 12:18:59 PM »
I told myself that I wouldn't contribute to this thread....DAMN IT!!

Anyways, I'd like to thank SMU18 for riling up the MU masses. I found it quite entertaining. But I think we all know that Buzz's loyalty to his players supercedes any loyalty to the administration. There was no way he was going to leave Otule, Wilson, Blue, Cadougan, etc and it was silly of any of you think otherwise.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #927 on: March 26, 2012, 12:21:39 PM »
If you are talking about loyalty to a player a coach would never leave...old ones get replaced by new ones every year. I think Buzz truly loves the kids but think he probably would love a new group just as easily.

Dreadman24

• Team Captain
« Reply #928 on: March 26, 2012, 12:25:20 PM »
Seth already said hes not leaving VT for SMU. My guess  is that Buzz is still listening to SMU. We need to go after Shaka if Buzz leaves.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #929 on: March 26, 2012, 12:28:41 PM »
Seth already said hes not leaving VT for SMU. My guess  is that Buzz is still listening to SMU. We need to go after Shaka if Buzz leaves.

I figured I could not possibly be relevant on this board unless I got to post in this mammoth 38 page thread. 

Is this the longest thread since scoop has been around??

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #930 on: March 26, 2012, 12:31:18 PM »
If you are talking about loyalty to a player a coach would never leave...old ones get replaced by new ones every year. I think Buzz truly loves the kids but think he probably would love a new group just as easily.

Now that's a real brain-buster.  Maybe he loves his wife, but he could probably love a new one just as easily, too?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #931 on: March 26, 2012, 12:31:58 PM »
SMU needs a coach who will rally the students and get them to go to games.  Someone who likes a lot of sun and a good tan.

Crean to SMU?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #932 on: March 26, 2012, 12:33:11 PM »
Benny...I am confused by your post. Simply saying that most coaches feel loyalty to their players but they still do make career changes.

Dreadman24

• Team Captain
« Reply #933 on: March 26, 2012, 12:36:52 PM »
I figured I could not possibly be relevant on this board unless I got to post in this mammoth 38 page thread. 

Not sure

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #934 on: March 26, 2012, 12:38:02 PM »

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=stats
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

🏀

• All American
« Reply #935 on: March 26, 2012, 12:39:26 PM »
SMU needs a coach who will rally the students and get them to go to games.  Someone who likes a lot of sun and a good tan.

Crean to SMU?

I realize this was for humor.

However, that is what SMU needs. Buzz has somewhat been lackluster in drumming up support and doing the marketing that Crean was excellent at. He can recruit and he can coach, but if I were SMU I'd be looking for a coach that can do the promotion equally as well.

Here's my issue with the SMU revival, which I actually hope they can do for all their sports programs. You can sell a recruit a new facility and a hot coach. However, SMU has been completely irrelevant since these 15-18 year old recruits were born. If I were a talented kid, I'd be wondering why the hell I'd commit to SMU.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #936 on: March 26, 2012, 12:40:32 PM »

TJ

• All American
« Reply #937 on: March 26, 2012, 12:42:30 PM »
Shaka is not leaving VCU. We should not set ourselves up for the media saying "no one wants the Marquette job."

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #938 on: March 26, 2012, 12:42:56 PM »
Dang it, I promised myself I'd resist getting drawn into this ridiculous thread...

I don't think Buzz is leaving for SMU.  But, for those people who think Buzz will never leave because he said he'd be here as long as MU would have him, or because he loves his players...understand that it's a virtual certainty that one day you will be disappointed.  Coaches leave.  Almost all of them.  Buzz is a great coach, I'm proud he's the coach at Marquette, and I'm going to enjoy having him around as long as he stays.  But he is going to leave (or get fired) at some time...even though he said he'd stay.  And even though I'll probably be disappointed when it happens, I understand that as a husband and a father, he is obligated to do what he thinks is best for him and his family.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #939 on: March 26, 2012, 12:43:53 PM »
YES! Finally got into that Top Ten poster list!

But the real question is how long before Sultan passes Chicos? Or will Hoop pass Sultan before that happens?

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #940 on: March 26, 2012, 12:44:23 PM »

Congrats to our friends in Chambana.  Their thread about finding a new head coach is almost 400 pages, 10,000 replies and has over 836,000 views!  

TJ

• All American
« Reply #941 on: March 26, 2012, 12:51:29 PM »
Dang it, I promised myself I'd resist getting drawn into this ridiculous thread...

I don't think Buzz is leaving for SMU.  But, for those people who think Buzz will never leave because he said he'd be here as long as MU would have him, or because he loves his players...understand that it's a virtual certainty that one day you will be disappointed.  Coaches leave.  Almost all of them.  Buzz is a great coach, I'm proud he's the coach at Marquette, and I'm going to enjoy having him around as long as he stays.  But he is going to leave (or get fired) at some time...even though he said he'd stay.  And even though I'll probably be disappointed when it happens, I understand that as a husband and a father, he is obligated to do what he thinks is best for him and his family.
I choose to believe otherwise.  Maybe Buzz is to Marquette as Izzo is to Michigan State.  Why not?  If he leaves it will suck, but I'm believing Buzz until there's a reason not to.

:P

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #942 on: March 26, 2012, 12:54:23 PM »
Goose,

Can you add some detail to your "Buzz is unhappy" statement/belief?

What exactly is he unhappy about? Is L. Williams really a big problem? Can he and Buzz coexist? Is this all being overblown? Is Buzz (or larry) just difficult to work with?

My feeling is that this is all being overblown by the internet, but you have been constantly saying that you know Buzz isn't happy. Do you have some details?  

We have a 38 page thread with you and MUguru using a lot of innuendo, but never really laying out any specific details about why Buzz isn't happy(from what I can tell).

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #943 on: March 26, 2012, 12:55:25 PM »
I had the real thing Sat night at 1am with my daughter following Father-Daughter Dinner Dance. We did experience the cracker toss first hand and my daughter thought it was quite amusing.

Must be a cmher. I caught hell for not being able to take my daughter. Hope you got the girl home before the real chili started to work it's magic

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #944 on: March 26, 2012, 12:55:40 PM »
Now that's a real brain-buster.  Maybe he loves his wife, but he could probably love a new one just as easily, too?

Buzz totally loves cake, but totally could eat it, too.  

/IRONCLAD LOGIC

Goose

• All American
« Reply #945 on: March 26, 2012, 12:56:56 PM »
Hairy, indeed a CMH'er. Great time and looking forward to next years...my last one:)

TJ

• All American
« Reply #946 on: March 26, 2012, 12:57:47 PM »
My feeling is that this is all being overblown by the internet
Trust your instincts.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 01:00:00 PM by TJ »

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #947 on: March 26, 2012, 01:01:48 PM »
Since "Buzz to SMU" has been speculated on Internet sites it must be true.

If Buzz leaves that means the HC job is open.

While it would mean a paycut and moving to Milwaukee, I think I may be interested. Cost of living is lower in MKE afterall. Anyone know where I send my resume? I'm firing up the Commodore 64 and updating it now. Thanks in advance.
We Are Marquette

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #948 on: March 26, 2012, 01:15:01 PM »
I choose to believe otherwise.  Maybe Buzz is to Marquette as Izzo is to Michigan State.  Why not?  If he leaves it will suck, but I'm believing Buzz until there's a reason not to.

:P

It's not that I don't believe Buzz.  I'm just going on experience.  I've heard many, many coaches say the same things.  I've seen very, very few stay.  Usually (although not always) they're telling the truth at the time.

Like I said, I'll enjoy Buzz as long as he stays.  If that's for the next 25 years, I'll be very happy (as that would mean that he's doing a good job).
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #949 on: March 26, 2012, 01:17:49 PM »
Holy Batcrap!!!

Do you all realize the thread on the SMU board that started this crapfest is only 11 pages long itself?