[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507337 times)

Aughnanure

• All American
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #850 on: March 26, 2012, 10:34:06 AM »
Ah, I stand corrected. So that is probably the closest version of going from MU to SMU.

Seems like it. How do DePaul and SMU compare basketball-wise. I assume DePaul has a much better history there.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #851 on: March 26, 2012, 10:35:24 AM »
Ah, I stand corrected. So that is probably the closest version of going from MU to SMU.

DePaul's basketball program is still head and shoulders above SMU's

TJ

• All American
« Reply #852 on: March 26, 2012, 10:37:29 AM »
I'm laughing my ass off too.  He's trolling so damn hard, and some of the Scoopers are lapping that sh*t up.

Obvious troll is obvious.
It's like a trainwreck.  I want to look away but I keep coming back to see gullible MU fans falling for it.

PonyFanz

• Walk-On
« Reply #853 on: March 26, 2012, 10:39:25 AM »
DePaul's basketball program is still head and shoulders above SMU's

That is why SMU spent millions to build a practice facilty that is top notch, will spend $50m to udpate our great arena, and will spend to get a good coach.  Investing for the future is how things change.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #854 on: March 26, 2012, 10:40:56 AM »
Seems like it. How do DePaul and SMU compare basketball-wise. I assume DePaul has a much better history there.
I think I am the last registered user to get on this clusterf**k of a thread.

The real question is not how to DePaul and SMU compare.  The real question is how do Clemson and Marquette compare?  Leaving Clemson is not the same thing as leaving Marquette.  It doesn't really matter what the destination is.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #855 on: March 26, 2012, 10:42:43 AM »
I was talking to someone in the know, and have faith that this is 100% true, take it FWIW.

Bill Gates is relinquishing all his equity in Microsoft and going to work at the Radio Shack in 'Tosa. This is 100% confirmed, terms already agreed upon (15 minute smoke break every hour, hour lunch, 10% off employee discount). Radio Shack spent hundreds to upgrade the place (new carpet, touchtone telephone), it's really top notch and looking forward to competing with Best Buy starting in 2013. Expect a presser late this afternoon. Bedford will be joining him as asst mgr.

leever

• All American
« Reply #856 on: March 26, 2012, 10:43:39 AM »
Wait!  This is about Buzz Williams leaving to coach at SMU?

I thought it was about SMU18 getting a buzz.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #857 on: March 26, 2012, 10:43:51 AM »
That is why SMU spent millions to build a practice facilty that is top notch, will spend $50m to udpate our great arena, and will spend to get a good coach.  Investing for the future is how things change.

I'm not disagreeing with that, but the comment was made in repsonse to Purnell leaving Clemson for DePaul.  And when you are selling a coach on what the future may hold, I think it's a testament to where your program stands.  Much like Nebraska.

LON

• All American
« Reply #858 on: March 26, 2012, 10:44:18 AM »
I was talking to someone in the know, and have faith that this is 100% true, take it FWIW.

Bill Gates is relinquishing all his equity in Microsoft and going to work at the Radio Shack in 'Tosa. This is 100% confirmed, terms already agreed upon (15 minute smoke break every hour, hour lunch, 10% off employee discount). Radio Shack spent hundreds to upgrade the place (new carpet, touchtone telephone), it's really top notch and looking forward to competing with Best Buy starting in 2013. Expect a presser late this afternoon. Bedford will be joining him as asst mgr.

Magic Jack.  It was the dealbreaker.

Sources told me.  I'm not telling my sources though.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #859 on: March 26, 2012, 10:46:25 AM »

The real question is not how to DePaul and SMU compare.  The real question is how do Clemson and Marquette compare?  Leaving Clemson is not the same thing as leaving Marquette.  It doesn't really matter what the destination is.

No I know. Just wasn't sure if I'm missing something in the 60s or 50s since SMU athletics has been completely irrelevant for the last 25 years.

Also, congrats on getting in on the clusterf***.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #860 on: March 26, 2012, 10:50:31 AM »

Nope, you beat me to it.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #861 on: March 26, 2012, 10:51:58 AM »
They cooled on Buzz.

He was Buzz cut.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #862 on: March 26, 2012, 10:52:14 AM »
No I know. Just wasn't sure if I'm missing something in the 60s or 50s since SMU athletics has been completely irrelevant for the last 25 years.

Also, congrats on getting in on the clusterf***.
Thanks.  Feels good to be a part of history.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #863 on: March 26, 2012, 10:54:28 AM »
That's wonderful for your program.  I truly hope it works out well.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #864 on: March 26, 2012, 10:56:30 AM »
Man o man,  I go away for a beautiful weekend and I come back to find this naked china man of a thread leaping at me.

Buzz leaving for SMU would be a kidney punch.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #865 on: March 26, 2012, 10:58:11 AM »
Man o man,  I go away for a beautiful weekend and I come back to find this naked china man of a thread leaping at me.

Buzz leaving for SMU would be a kidney punch.
Try to find about 12 am last night.  Some weird stuff goes down.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #866 on: March 26, 2012, 11:00:51 AM »
If Buzz were to go to SMU i'd work hard on disbanding the BE and getting away from these clusterf.ck small football schools.  Break the basketball only schools to our own league.

Smu18

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #867 on: March 26, 2012, 11:02:24 AM »
Yeah thats a great idea...you lose ND if you do that and then you lose $$$

thebigjake

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #868 on: March 26, 2012, 11:04:05 AM »
We can probably shut the thread down now guys. This one is over.

Buzz isn't leaving.  I don't know if there will be any formal announcement or anything, but maybe it will be in the form of Seth Greenburg or Tony Benford named SMU coach.

Time to relax. If you insiders want to check sources again go ahead, but I'm pretty sure this one is done.

I don't know any specifics, or what really caused all this. I just know what I heard.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #869 on: March 26, 2012, 11:05:24 AM »
Anyone poster not part of this thread should have their handle highlighted in red (scarlet letter) to signify that they are bad bad people.

Man, has it been quite enjoyable to watch this absolute f***ing DERP tsunami... this s*** has it all, half-assed trolling, bed wetting fear/paranoia, anonymous/ignorant/made up sources/alumnus, hell, even a few random speculations about Chicos being Hoopaloop, rendering of garments, posters rallying for a torch wielding mob for administration people,  etc.  

KEEP IT GOING GUYS!  YOU'RE DOING GREAT!

There have been a few islands of logical thought in here, but it hasn't been easy to find them.  

FYI, average length of a chapter in my thesis dissertation = 37 pages.  This thread is up to 35 pages.  HOLY. LIVING. F***.  

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
« Reply #870 on: March 26, 2012, 11:06:19 AM »
All of this is going to be over Tony Benford in the end. Watch.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #871 on: March 26, 2012, 11:06:36 AM »
We can probably shut the thread down now guys. This one is over.

Buzz isn't leaving.  I don't know if there will be any formal announcement or anything, but maybe it will be in the form of Seth Greenburg or Tony Benford named SMU coach.

Time to relax. If you insiders want to check sources again go ahead, but I'm pretty sure this one is done.

I don't know any specifics, or what really caused all this. I just know what I heard.
That's good enough for me.  If thebigjake says it you know it's true.  SMU18 is going to be pissed at thebigjake for intervening and turning this deal south.

Might as well close down the scoop as well and just give thebigjake his own forum to relay knowledge to the masses.

awilhelmscream

• Starter
« Reply #872 on: March 26, 2012, 11:07:17 AM »
In before the scarlet letter.

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #873 on: March 26, 2012, 11:09:21 AM »
Wow its still going, we might as well bring back Deane, hes got that seatbelt for his chair now it might make a difference

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #874 on: March 26, 2012, 11:10:05 AM »
In before the scarlet letter.

Wonder what she was doing to have such a big smile on her face.