[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Everlasting Craptastical Mystery Thread  (Read 507207 times)

warthog-driver

• All American
Re: SMU Fans' Thread on Getting Buzz is Adorable
« Reply #750 on: March 25, 2012, 11:38:27 PM »
If you wish to talk about flight dynamics like lift coefficient, drag coefficient, axial force coefficient, and such, then we can have an entire thread on that topic of flight and the engineering surrounding that.  If you wish to continue to make up stuff or pretend to be funny, leave me out of it.

Please, Chicos, you don't want to go there. I have 4,000+ hours in tactical combat aircraft (F-16 CJ's and Vipers & Warthogs.) I am guessing you might, if anything, have a couple hundred in 172's. I would dare say I have more time on the relief tube over Tora Bora than you have total time. And let's not even get into EP's, night hours, multi-engine time, and combat hops. Be a better man and leave aviation to the ones who have been there. Anything else will only serve to diminish you in the eyes of this board.  

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #751 on: March 25, 2012, 11:40:58 PM »
By the way, these multiple ::) look pretty cool all  ::) ing at one time.  Maybe I should use them more often!  ::)  I guess we can all learn from chico...chicoloo...hoopaloop!   ::)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #752 on: March 25, 2012, 11:42:21 PM »
Please, Warthog, you don't want to go there. I have 4,000+ hours in tactical web board moderation (banning and editing & deleting.) I am guessing you might, if anything, have a couple hundred in ignores. I would dare say I have more time on the development site than you have total time. And let's not even get into coding, night hours, multi-core time, and ethernet hops. Be a better man and leave message boards to the ones who have been there. Anything else will only serve to diminish you in the eyes of this board.  
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #753 on: March 25, 2012, 11:42:57 PM »
Please, Warthog, you don't want to go there. I have 4,000+ hours in tactical web board moderation (banning and editing & deleting.) I am guessing you might, if anything, have a couple hundred in ignores. I would dare say I have more time on the development site than you have total time. And let's not even get into coding, night hours, multi-core time, and ethernet hops. Be a better man and leave message boards to the ones who have been there. Anything else will only serve to diminish you in the eyes of this board.  

Only humor intended Warhog ;)
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

MakeItRain11

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #754 on: March 25, 2012, 11:43:04 PM »
"and that goes for the rest of y'all. Quit pretending to be something you're not. Just be who you are. That's what's really cool"

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #755 on: March 25, 2012, 11:50:44 PM »
"and that goes for the rest of y'all. Quit pretending to be something you're not. Just be who you are. That's what's really cool"

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #756 on: March 25, 2012, 11:51:55 PM »

wow.. google already returns your post here as the only two results for that.. quote?

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #757 on: March 25, 2012, 11:53:46 PM »
Please, Chicos, you don't want to go there. I have 4,000+ hours in tactical combat aircraft (F-16 CJ's and Vipers & Warthogs.) I am guessing you might, if anything, have a couple hundred in 172's. I would dare say I have more time on the relief tube over Tora Bora than you have total time. And let's not even get into EP's, night hours, multi-engine time, and combat hops. Be a better man and leave aviation to the ones who have been there. Anything else will only serve to diminish you in the eyes of this board.  

::)  Some of us are in the business of designing your planes Warthog. Though my work has been in  commercial aviation and not for any gpvt work.   I don't even have a pilot's license and very few of my colleagues do either.  We design them, we don't pilot them.  We let you CSAs (Control Stick Actuators) fly them and let the plumbers crash them.  Figuratively speaking of course.  When they go Tango Uniform then I'm called in to figure out why.  

"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

MakeItRain11

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #758 on: March 25, 2012, 11:54:50 PM »
Well the quote might not be verbatim.  It is from the movie Starsky and Hutch.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #759 on: March 25, 2012, 11:55:50 PM »
 ;) (with a nod to The Bail Bondsman)

Please, Spiral, you don't want to go there. I have 2,800+ hours combat time in Praying Mantis, Just Cause, Desert Storm, Operation Iraqi Freedom, and Operation Enduring Freedom. I have been jumped by MiGs & Sukois over the Gulf of Sidra, dodged Triple A and Sams over Baghdad, suffered a massive hydraulic failure at night over RC - Southwest, and seen comrades go down over Tora Bora. I know this is hard to believe but I would dare say that flying a tactical combat aircraft as a barrel chested freedom fighter likely has a tad higher degree of sphincter pucker factor than managing a web site. But then I have never managed a web site so I wouldn't know. I don't want to diminish myself in the eyes of this board.

Hamostradamus

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #760 on: March 25, 2012, 11:56:17 PM »
::)  Some of us are in the business of designing your planes Warthog. Though my work has been in  commercial aviation and not for any gpvt work.   I don't even have a pilot's license and very few of my colleagues do either.  We design them, we don't pilot them.  We let you CSAs (Control Stick Actuators) fly them and let the plumbers crash them.  Figuratively speaking of course.  When they go Tango Uniform then I'm called in to figure out why.  

Jeebus, why don't you two move to Massachusetts and make it legal already?
"ESPN -- is the one who told us what to do." - Boston College athletic director Gene DeFilippo

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #761 on: March 26, 2012, 12:01:19 AM »
;) (with a nod to The Bail Bondsman)

Please, Spiral, you don't want to go there. I have 2,800+ hours combat time in Praying Mantis, Just Cause, Desert Storm, Operation Iraqi Freedom, and Operation Enduring Freedom. I have been jumped by MiGs & Sukois over the Gulf of Sidra, dodged Triple A and Sams over Baghdad, suffered a massive hydraulic failure at night over RC - Southwest, and seen comrades go down over Tora Bora. I know this is hard to believe but I would dare say that flying a tactical combat aircraft as a barrel chested freedom fighter likely has a tad higher degree of sphincter pucker factor than managing a web site. But then I have never managed a web site so I wouldn't know. I don't want to diminish myself in the eyes of this board.

LOL!

A fair improvement over haikus!

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #762 on: March 26, 2012, 12:01:27 AM »
Well the quote might not be verbatim.  It is from the movie Starsky and Hutch.

That goes for all y'all.

Don't pretend to be
something you're not.

Just be who you are.

That's what's really cool.

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/s/starsky-and-hutch-script-transcript.html

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
Re: CBS.com SMU pursuing Buzz
« Reply #763 on: March 26, 2012, 12:03:44 AM »
If Buzz goes to SMU, will Durley follow him and become a Mustang?

I've owned four Mustangs: a 1967 convertible; 1984 hatchback; 1968 fastback; 1990 convertible.

MakeItRain11

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #764 on: March 26, 2012, 12:04:15 AM »
Thank you. Your googling skills are far superior to mine.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #765 on: March 26, 2012, 12:06:46 AM »
 ::)  Some of us are in the business of designing your message boards Hoopaloop. Though my work has been in  software development and not for any sports work.   I don't even have a MSCE license and very few of my colleagues do either.  We design them, we don't make them.  We let you MPUs (Multi Personality Users) post to them and let the trolls crash them.  Figuratively speaking of course.  When they go Foxtrot Uniform'd then I'm called in to figure out why.  

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #766 on: March 26, 2012, 12:09:47 AM »

Chicos, USAF sent to University of Michigan to get a MS in Aero Engineering. I understand the theory; it's bullcrap compared to strapping a jet on your ass and going into harm's way. Not much pucker factor in sitting for a diffy q exam when compared to putting your nuts on the line...Course, when we would see the line of tracers come arcing up at us our first thought was always, yea baby! Targets! Suffice it to say we enabled more than a few hajis to meet Allah...

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #767 on: March 26, 2012, 12:21:01 AM »
My wife bought me this "discover flying" gift certificate on Groupon for Fathers Day last year.  Evidently it's an introductory lesson and some nonsense where they let you fly the plane (probably for 15 seconds).  I can't believe any CFI with half a brain would participate in something like this.  I'd rather ride with John Travolta somewhere on autopilot than get into a plane with a pilot who lets everyone hold his stick.  Probably just going to let the thing expire.  Dumbest Groupon ever.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #768 on: March 26, 2012, 12:24:43 AM »
My wife bought me this "discover flying" gift certificate on Groupon for Fathers Day last year.  Evidently it's an introductory lesson and some nonsense where they let you fly the plane (probably for 15 seconds).  I can't believe any CFI with half a brain would participate in something like this.  I'd rather ride with John Travolta somewhere on autopilot than get into a plane with a pilot who lets everyone hold his stick.  Probably just going to let the thing expire.  Dumbest Groupon ever.

That sounds like great fun!  You should definitely do it.  I wish my kids would get me something like this.  Beats the crap they usually give me.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #769 on: March 26, 2012, 12:26:13 AM »

Every T-Bird (Trainer) is dual controlled. Trust me, the guy in the back has command override.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #770 on: March 26, 2012, 12:28:58 AM »
Illinois coaching search thread now has 792,198 views, 9192 replies, and 368 pages.  Let's get with it, people.  Sleep is overrated.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #771 on: March 26, 2012, 12:36:08 AM »
cheese fries at snuffers
you gotta be craptin me
red neck haute cuisine

No sh1t.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #772 on: March 26, 2012, 12:37:18 AM »
Just fixed my kitchen faucet.

So I got that going for me, which is nice.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #773 on: March 26, 2012, 12:38:58 AM »
No sh1t.

would anyone move
for snuffers red neck cheese fries
most questionable

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #774 on: March 26, 2012, 01:34:17 AM »
The longest thread ever and I was part of it, neat.  GO WARRIORS.