Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz and the Illini  (Read 18513 times)

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
Re: Buzz and the Illini
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2012, 07:21:27 PM »
He's stressed out and lacking for sleep.  Gotta give a guy a break for being a little cranky about stuff from time to time during the most stressful time of the year.

I pray you are right. Because I am a huge Buzz support. If Buzz is not gonna be a lifer, I hope he will be here for another 5-7 years so he can raise a banner.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2012, 07:23:38 PM »
He's stressed out and lacking for sleep.  Gotta give a guy a break for being a little cranky about stuff from time to time during the most stressful time of the year.

What about that dude who sent Buzz "hate mail"?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2012, 07:24:31 PM »
I'm starting to get so paranoid, I'm afraid we're about to lose Dick Strong to Indiana.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2012, 07:25:07 PM »
Next year will be crucial.

We need to show much more support for the team as it is a transition year (losing top two scorers in Jae and DJO) with no proven go-to scorer on the perimeter (except Mayo).

We need to root these guys on every game...Buzz's questioning of MU fans criticizing Junior almost felt like he thinks the fans were questioning him as well.

SS Marquette

Goose

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2012, 07:26:27 PM »
I love Majerus big time but if the first time here was wrong time this would be worse. Our program is on the verge of being special and Buzz is the reason. Rick does not recruit at a high level and is on backside of his career. Trust me this is coming from a fan that loves Rick and wish he had three other times over the past 30 years.

If Buzz leaves now it goes to show basketball is not important to the school. There are many out here that has the bar set at such low level and MU brass knows it. I have family members who would be excited if MU had a SLU run this year. Give me a break....let's be special.

LON

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2012, 07:28:27 PM »
Lances.....at least Goose does not have his head in the sand. Unless it is a post that blows smoke up your ass the poster in wrong. If anyone find posts that have not been highly positive regarding Buzz from me I would gladly say I was wrong. Just because I love Buzz and style of play does not mean I will hide from negatives that might be out there.

MU brass is far from perfect in decision making and my posts were and are meant to let fans who care know things might not be as great they look. If MU blows this thing and loses Buzz I will blame the fans like Lances who have not learned from our past.

Lighten up pops, it was a joke.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2012, 07:29:23 PM »
Ultimately, Buzz knows fans will criticize during loses no matter what big time school he is at.

Now if he really wants out, it won't mean he can't use fans as an excuse (he could make anything his excuse).   Just hope Pilarz and Williams are smart and the Texas job doesn't open up.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2012, 07:32:56 PM »
Lances..I really do not think MU making a major mistake is a joke. This has and is an issue and guys like you is why the admin think they can get away with it. They think 13k idiots will buy tickets for crap games regardless of the coach, caliber of team or schedule. We are finally close to being in elite company and because of too many fans thinking S16 is house money is why the school does what it does. They have finger on the pulse of majority of folks in Warrior Nation and being SLU is fine for many.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2012, 07:33:24 PM »
Maybe we should all send Coach Buzz nice emails.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2012, 07:36:17 PM »
Maybe we should know our program better and not allow things to get out of hand without voices being heard. Trust me that I have been saying this for weeks, even mplied it last year, and everyone said I was stirring the pot. Actually I was hoping someone aside from 4ever might have the balls to question MU admin and the role they want basketball to play at MU.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2012, 07:37:57 PM »
Maybe we should all send Coach Buzz nice emails.

It'd be a start.  A fine start, in fact.  We'd probably all get replies before he went to sleep, too.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2012, 07:39:48 PM »
Maybe we should know our program better and not allow things to get out of hand without voices being heard. Trust me that I have been saying this for weeks, even mplied it last year, and everyone said I was stirring the pot. Actually I was hoping someone aside from 4ever might have the balls to question MU admin and the role they want basketball to play at MU.

You still might be stirring the pot.  How should we know for sure?

I know a couple people and I haven't even heard rumblings of this.  I've heard quite the opposite, actually, that Buzz is pumped to still be at Marquette.

That being said, how should I know what's really true?  It's all hearsay until we hear it from Buzz or Corey.  I choose to support them and trust them to do what's right.  If the Athletic Department chooses to screw this all up then I'll cancel our family's lower level seats in person and give them a piece of my mind.  Not much else I can really do at this that I can see.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2012, 07:42:29 PM »
is everyone on this board categorically incapable of being happy? we're in the sweet 16 and now everyone's jumping at shadows to say our coach is leaving/being driven out/whatever else nonsense you're coming up with now. come on guys, the sky is not freaking falling.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2012, 07:42:58 PM »
Lances.....at least Goose does not have his head in the sand. Unless it is a post that blows smoke up your ass the poster in wrong. If anyone find posts that have not been highly positive regarding Buzz from me I would gladly say I was wrong. Just because I love Buzz and style of play does not mean I will hide from negatives that might be out there.

MU brass is far from perfect in decision making and my posts were and are meant to let fans who care know things might not be as great they look. If MU blows this thing and loses Buzz I will blame the fans like Lances who have not learned from our past.

I don't know what are you referring to but as I mentioned, NO ONE in a program should put any value in message boards. This board maybe represents 10 percent of the fan base.

Moreover, I am a ND football fan and check out their boards. If anyone thinks our meltdowns are bad, go to ND football forums or ANY SEC football forum. I have seen people talking about firing Urban Meyer and, in a SC forum, Pete Carroll. I actually think our board is not THAT bad having exposure to that stuff. If Buzz bolts for irrational fan base reasons, it might be the worst decision because I think other fan bases are much worse.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2012, 07:43:20 PM »
"Actually I was hoping someone aside from 4ever might have the balls to question MU admin and the role they want basketball to play at MU."

So what can we do?  How can we question MU administration?    You think if they want to get rid of Buzz (or would be okay if he left) that anything we said or did now would stop it?

As other posters said - all we can really do is react / cancel season tickets / stop donating...

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2012, 07:43:50 PM »
Go right ahead and stick your head in the sand. Just sayin'

whatever. If he goes he goes. The dude is making bank in Milwaukee. If its not good enough so be it.  That said, sounds like the usual end of the year bs.

LON

• All American
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2012, 07:44:30 PM »
Lances..I really do not think MU making a major mistake is a joke. This has and is an issue and guys like you is why the admin think they can get away with it. They think 13k idiots will buy tickets for crap games regardless of the coach, caliber of team or schedule. We are finally close to being in elite company and because of too many fans thinking S16 is house money is why the school does what it does. They have finger on the pulse of majority of folks in Warrior Nation and being SLU is fine for many.

Generalize much?  You don't know me or how I'd react, but yes, calling me a mindless lemming makes sense.  You've been beating this drum for a while now, and seem to be relishing in it as some sort of badge of honor.  I'm having fun following my favorite team in what has been a fantastic season, not worrying about things completely out of my control, because LancesOtherNut is not being introduced as season tix holder of the game anytime soon.

And again, it was a joke.  On a message board.  So again, lighten up.  And now I'll get off your lawn.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2012, 07:44:38 PM »
Skat....if you think I am stirring the pot than you have not read my posts. First of all, I know what I am talking about and not sharing rumors. Secondly, I have been vocal support to Buzz and his program in big time way on this site. The guy gets today's game and it is putting th school in the national spotlight. I have zero interest in stirring the pot, would rather be looking for hotel rooms in New Orleans.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2012, 07:44:57 PM »
"Actually I was hoping someone aside from 4ever might have the balls to question MU admin and the role they want basketball to play at MU."

So what can we do?  How can we question MU administration?    You think if they want to get rid of Buzz (or would be okay if he left) that anything we said or did now would stop it?

As other posters said - all we can really do is react / cancel season tickets / stop donating...

Let's hope they figure it out before this happens....

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2012, 07:45:45 PM »
If Marquette loses Buzz and it comes out publicly that it was because of clashes w/ the admin, that will get a lot of attention. It would make Marquette look soo bad nationally and the administration will definitely hear it. I mean, what program loses their successful coach not b/c of a bigger job, but b/c of how he was handled by the school. They are arrogant as hell if they think think 13,000+ peoples are walking through that door no matter what.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2012, 07:47:41 PM »
No heads will roll? 

When the money from the games goes down with lower attendance and lower season ticket numbers and this would happen, someone will have to be held accountable.  Hey, I'm not an alum or an insider, but when a former player from 55 years ago tells me that if Buzz leaves because there are conflicts with the new administration, he will no longer buy season tickets and will cease contributing to the university, there will be problems and he's not the only alum that has told me that.

Just look at the Wake Forest situation right now.  They were down to 8,500 for average home attendance this year from 13,500 a few short years ago.  Money is going to be an issue going forward with that program as alums and boosters are not happy and the newcomers in this administration better understand that if something changes at Marquette.

You are assuming that the basketball program falls apart if he leaves.  If they hire someone else who carries on what Buzz is doing, no ones heads will roll.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2012, 07:49:39 PM »
Erick...our meltdowns on are fine. The problem I have too many have low standard for success on here. I got bashed and poked at for starting a post saying Dream Big...most on here think we are playing with house money and the school does as well.

I will predict if Buzz leaves MU will chase after Majerus and I think it would be a mistake. For someone reason there is a group of people that prefer to be a good story underdog than an elite program. I have always believed we could be elite again and would hate to quit so close to the finish line.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2012, 07:50:24 PM »

You are assuming that the basketball program falls apart if he leaves.  If they hire someone else who carries on what Buzz is doing, no ones heads will roll.

I would be offended by the arrogance of this.  

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2012, 07:51:04 PM »

You are assuming that the basketball program falls apart if he leaves.  If they hire someone else who carries on what Buzz is doing, no ones heads will roll.

I believe this is wrong. Buzz epitomizes what a coach should be at this institution. And if he leaves because of the administration, what is that going to say to any coach that we try to recruit in his place? Buzz leaving for those reasons will be the death of Marquette's basketball program as we currently know it.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2012, 07:51:31 PM »
"You are assuming that the basketball program falls apart if he leaves.  If they hire someone else who carries on what Buzz is doing, no ones heads will roll."

Would be hard for the next guy to top Buzz in results and likeability...