collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Shaka Smart's got a lot to learn...  (Read 1681 times)

ecompt

• All American
Shaka Smart's got a lot to learn...
« on: March 17, 2012, 08:37:32 PM »
about closing out a game. Nine-point lead with eight minutes to go and he has his team attempt 10 3-pointers down the stretch (they missed all 10). Then he sticks to man defense as IU slices through it repeatedly to win in final minute.

MUMac

• All American
Re: Shaka Smart's got a lot to learn...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 08:55:11 PM »
I believe Indiana scored the last 7 points as well.  I agree, I didn't understand the play of VCU down the stretch.

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 08:57:29 PM »
For sure.  Half court is not their game, why go to it?
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 09:47:33 PM »
Plus the cat didn't seems too disappointed about losing to I4 either.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 10:03:13 PM »
He doesn't want to give away all his tricks since he'll be coaching in the Big 10 next season.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 10:13:33 PM »
Plus the cat didn't seems too disappointed about losing to I4 either.
I noticed that as well.  Seemed awfully giddy when he greeted the tan one.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 11:49:13 PM »
about closing out a game. Nine-point lead with eight minutes to go and he has his team attempt 10 3-pointers down the stretch (they missed all 10). Then he sticks to man defense as IU slices through it repeatedly to win in final minute.

IU got lucky.  I know, sour grapes.  They did.  To be fair, IU missed so many easy shots they put themselves in that position, but the last few minutes of the game VCU didn't play very smart.  Hulls is such a joke at the PG position.  IU will lose by 20 to Kentucky with Verdell Jones out.  They have no guards to handle that pressure.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 11:53:38 PM »
Yeah, Smart better cash in at Illinois because I don't think he will be the hot name for much longer.  I think Grant or Theus would be better choices.