Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Students  (Read 5932 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Students
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2012, 02:16:12 PM »
Ugh I know that reporter too. He knows nothing about basketball, but works with MUTV so he gets to do everything student television related. His analysis is basically "Oh man Jae is so great. Oh man look at DJO too he's so great. Vander Blue is a disappointment, I'm so intelligent for knowing that"

I would have liked to see this guy's unedited footage.  I would wager that all of the thoughtful, intelligent responses got left on the virtual cutting room floor.  Reasoned answers just aren't sensational enough.

So he got something slightly provocative for his audition tape.  I fully expect to see this guy on TV during my summer vacation.  He will be reporting on the covered dish supper at the senior center as a member of Rhinelander's  Action 12 news team. 
Have some patience, FFS.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2012, 02:27:19 PM »
How to make a perfect MUTV video:

More kids that communicate inarticulately! We need more, "You know what I mean?"s MORE Freshman!! They're perspective is limited! Hell, most of them can't name half the Big East, current members, soon to be former members, or future members! Yes, Film the upper deck but do not give a timeline of when that shot is taken. Is it 20 minutes before tip off? Is it 5:00 minutes in? Is it after the game? Who knows, but more importantly, who cares?!? MORE OF THE KID THAT SOUNDS LIKE HE IS YELLING AND OUT OF BREATH.

Sincerely,

MUTV Crew

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2012, 02:29:22 PM »
I've said it before, but the days the schedule ended up being played on and the opponents make a big difference. The Georgetown and Cincy games were our only two conference games on a Saturday or Friday while school was in session and the atmosphere was great. Like it or not, students aren't going to come out on the weekdays in huge numbers unless it is a big matchup. The lack of strength in the Big East paired with us facing most of the top of the league on the road just brings this more to light.

As a personal note, I have night classes and am not able to make it to the games during the week. Night classes are less prevalent for undergrads, but that takes out some of the students. Also those with tests (I'm not making a judgement one way or another, just that's a reason) are less likely to go to the games. If I had a big accounting test the next day, I'd most likely not go to the game.

People are making this sound like it is unique to MU, which based on that Duke article, it is not. Just part of college athletics. We could make the student section 30% of what it is, and it would be filled most games, but then we could complain about the alums who aren't showing up to games and making it look sparse. Not blaming alums for anything, but it is just the nature of the beast.