Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Durley  (Read 4823 times)

Clam Crowder

• All American
Durley
« on: February 17, 2012, 12:02:35 PM »
I have been trying to get optimistic about the kid since we got him, but he legitimately does not play. He is built like a tank, but NEVER plays. Does anyone else think he's definitely going to be a redshirt next year??

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Durley
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 12:11:54 PM »
 ::)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 12:18:12 PM »
YAY!!!  Another Durley thread!!!  Can't get enough of 'em.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 12:18:21 PM »
I'll say this about Durley.... He might not be able to play, but he should can generate discussion here. Honestly, I can't remember a signed player being discuss as much as he has.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 12:26:57 PM »
Yeah, whole lotta similarities to Newbill that way, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 12:28:52 PM »
I would not redshirt him his first year. Second year, if he is happy here and Buzz is happy with his work ethic. People should not obcess so much with how he is doing right now. He does not need to contribute next year and we have seen how Otule and Gardner have developed. If Durley is willing to work hard, Buzz will make a player out of him.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 12:29:43 PM »
I think this is the 5th thread that is titled "Aaron Durley" "Durley?" or "Durley."  Never understood why posters can't A.) use proper thread titles and B.) keep material in a certain thread. I know this is a message board, but 90% of us are MU grads. Can we just pretend Marquette at least tried to teach us how to efficiently show information? Let's keep it organized and have proper headings so people know what they are reading.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 12:29:53 PM »
Yeah, whole lotta similarities to Newbill that way, aina?

DOUBLE YAY!!!!  

If we could just work Vander Blue and Tom Crean into it, this might be THE MOST AWESOME THREAD EVER!!!!!!

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 12:31:07 PM »

DOUBLE YAY!!!!  

If we could just work Vander Blue and Tom Crean into it, this might be THE MOST AWESOME THREAD EVER!!!!!!

so is there a chance Warriors ever comes back as our nickname?
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 12:31:18 PM »

DOUBLE YAY!!!!  

Don't forget to throw in the necessary Hoopaloop = Chicos

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 12:31:57 PM »
Here ya go:

Crean sucks sewer water.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 12:32:23 PM »
so is there a chance Warriors ever comes back as our nickname?

Only when we recruit quality bigs

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 12:37:31 PM »
Durley reminds me a lot of Dwight Howard when he came outta high school.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 12:40:39 PM »
We should start D1 football and hockey teams in 2014.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 12:43:28 PM »
Best.Idea.Ever

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 12:47:41 PM »
In an attempt to answer the question, a redshirt isn't as simple as holding a kid out a year while he develops. Durley would have to agree to the redshirt, which would mean a fifth year in school for him and one less scholarship down the road. Marquette is loaded in the front court next year with Otule, Gardner, J. Wilson, S. Taylor and maybe even Juan Anderson if he can bulk up a bit.

That being said, we've seen what injuries can do to a front court. Even one front court injury next year and Marquette will not be relying on a third year sophomore in Jamil Wilson, but a freshman in Steve Taylor to handle reserve front court duties. Durley, obviously, will also be a freshman, but I think the depth concerns THIS year will make it so that Durley is not redshirted next year. Just my thoughts.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 12:50:33 PM »

DOUBLE YAY!!!!  

Already got me LMAO

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 01:10:34 PM »
Let's get back on topic.  Is it true that Durley refuses to high five other players on his team when they come out of the game?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 01:13:47 PM »

DOUBLE YAY!!!!  

It won't matter what Durley does because Buzz is going to leave MU to coach (fill in the school) next season.

MUFC9295

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 01:42:09 PM »
Durley needs to practice free throws... at least 100 a day.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 02:07:11 PM »

DOUBLE YAY!!!!  

Crean would never have recruited Durley.  He was a far better recruiter than Buzz could ever be.  I think Buzz believes that Durley, since his shot look's like Blue's, will have a similar game to Blue.  No way.  No way.  It's obvious that Buzz set up MU, as he has his sights set on the Illinois job.  He wanted to get MU in a bad recruiting situation, as Illinois is a far better job.  That is why he doesn't practice FT's, doesn't teach defense and won't ever get on a player who does not box out.  I guarantee he will do that when he lands at Illinois, with their new transfers of Roseboro and Newbill.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 02:09:01 PM »
Crean would never have recruited Durley.  He was a far better recruiter than Buzz could ever be.  I think Buzz believes that Durley, since his shot look's like Blue's, will have a similar game to Blue.  No way.  No way.  It's obvious that Buzz set up MU, as he has his sights set on the Illinois job.  He wanted to get MU in a bad recruiting situation, as Illinois is a far better job.  That is why he doesn't practice FT's, doesn't teach defense and won't ever get on a player who does not box out.  I guarantee he will do that when he lands at Illinois, with their new transfers of Roseboro and Newbill.

I feel like I'm reading a Muggsy stream of consciousness from the Scout board.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 02:13:26 PM »

I feel like I'm reading a Muggsy stream of consciousness from the Scout board.

I was just trying to get it so the mods would consider consolidating ALL the threads into this one.   ;)

leever

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 02:30:36 PM »
What are UCONN fans saying about Durley

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2012, 02:34:57 PM »
I'll say this about Durley.... He might not be able to play, but he should can generate discussion here. Honestly, I can't remember a signed player being discuss as much as he has.

The good news is Durley is as good as Andre Drummond because everyone knows player rankings are highly inaccurate and completely irrelevant.