Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Durley  (Read 4824 times)

Canadian Dimes

• All American
Re: Durley
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2012, 02:58:19 PM »
I think this is the 5th thread that is titled "Aaron Durley" "Durley?" or "Durley."  Never understood why posters can't A.) use proper thread titles and B.) keep material in a certain thread. I know this is a message board, but 90% of us are MU grads. Can we just pretend Marquette at least tried to teach us how to efficiently show information? Let's keep it organized and have proper headings so people know what they are reading.

Sorry but i dont think the internet was even invented when i was at MArquette.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2012, 03:44:07 PM »

Sorry but i dont think the internet was even invented when i was at MArquette.

When I was at MU the only mainframe was in the Engineering Building and they used punch cards to write programs.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2012, 04:26:28 PM »
When I was at MU the only mainframe was in the Engineering Building and they used punch cards to write programs.

We had the VAX.  And we used to tease the computer geeks and refer to the Rec Center's "Alternative to the Bars" as "Alternative to the VAX".  Of course they all make millions now.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2012, 06:28:02 AM »
Durley continues to be a topic of this blog because he is such a mystery recruit.  He's a big that doesn't play on his high school team.  Why was he recruited over other bigs?  How can we expect him to help us? 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2012, 07:02:52 AM »
Durley continues to be a topic of this blog because he is such a mystery recruit.  He's a big that doesn't play on his high school team.  Why was he recruited over other bigs?  How can we expect him to help us?

Wow! What a great point! I can't believe NO ONE has addressed this before!

I trust that the coaching staff has done a more thorough evaluation of Durley than anyone on the MU message boards. I trust that they wouldn't be bringing him in if they didn't see the potential to develop into a useful contributor, as similarly ranked players like Chris Otule and Davante Gardner have become. And I trust that if things don't work out, the staff will encourage him to explore other options, as they did with Yous Mbao and Brett Roseboro.

And this is not a blog. It's a message board. Cracked Sidewalks is a blog.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2012, 07:52:11 AM »

You have asked this question a half dozen times in the last few months.  The only thing left for you to do is fly down to Houston and ask his coach.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2012, 08:03:51 AM »
My answer to msbjim is this.   6'11, 280.   He does not have to contribute for 2 years.   He has a positive attitude and wants to be challenged.    When he visited a mid-major, he came home and told his mom he felt bad because he felt he had been too rough on the mid-major bigs who were 3-4-5 years older.    I don't know what Aaron Durley will end up being.   Right now, he is a project with a lot of tools.   If the staff is able to get out of his physical abilities and attributes the improvements in footwork, conditioning, and understanding of the game that they have gotten out of CO and DG, then AT WORST, we will have a huge presence in the middle who gets some rebounds, plays physical defense, gets some dump offs and putbacks.   And that is OK.   Finally, I trust Buzz's judgement. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2012, 08:04:22 AM »

Doesn't he have a good track record in AAU ball?  Does anyone have some stats on this?

Regardless, I trust a coach who is good enough to make the sweet 16, followed by a top 20 ranking, with two of his key players out with injuries.  Yep, that's good enough for me.

Rockmic87

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2012, 10:56:37 AM »
Once Philip Nolan signs with MU, Durley will probably consider going somewhere else. If he can't get playing time at the HS level as a D1 recruit, then there are definitely red flags on this situation.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2012, 10:59:31 AM »
Durley was all-state in Texas as a sophomore from the private schools division.   He transferred, was injured as a junior and is now behind a national top 10 recruit.   I would rather have him than Nolan because (A) Durley is academically eligible and (B) Durley knows he has to put in the work, whereas Nolan wants to play right away. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2012, 04:15:50 PM »
To play right away implies he'd be eligible. That's a major question mark and issue. Just sayin'.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2012, 04:24:46 PM »
He tweeted #mubb during the game.  Philip Nolan didn't. WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN!?!??!?!??!
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2012, 04:29:42 PM »
He tweeted #mubb during the game.  Philip Nolan didn't. WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN!?!??!?!??!

You forgot this..."You also need to announce TWITTER TRACKER when reposting a tweet."

Newbie.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter