'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: OT: I went back to Murph's and Real Chilli  (Read 3056 times)

MUCrisco

• Starter
OT: I went back to Murph's and Real Chilli
« on: May 04, 2007, 11:10:25 AM »
One of my buddies was in town, and hadn't been @ Marquette since he graduated, so a bunch of us went back to campus to celebrate the good old days.  Our first stop was Murph's.  At first, it didn't seem different except for being nicer inside and the girls being cuter.  They still play their music at a deafening level.  Later on in the night it became packed and I noticed there was a DJ.  Soon, everyone in the bar was dancing.  When did this start happening?  It actually seems like a more fun bar since I was @ Marquette.

After making a stop at Caffrey's, trying to get into Angelo's, deciding Heg's was too far of a walk, and going back to Murph's, we knew we wanted to end the night at Real Chilli.  After being blinded by the halogen spotlights in Murph's(I didn't forget about that), we were herded out and we made our way to Real Chilli, only to find out that they lock the doors at 2am.  When did they do that?  What a disappointment not to have a good bowl of chilli after a night out at Marquette.

Avenue Commons

• All American
Re: OT: I went back to Murph's and Real Chilli
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 01:16:33 PM »
The average girl is cuter than the average girl when I was in college. Girls today have been working out their entire lives and wear clothes that don't allow for any "excess." Much different than the grunge era.
We Are Marquette

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 01:23:12 PM »
One of my buddies was in town, and hadn't been @ Marquette since he graduated, so a bunch of us went back to campus to celebrate the good old days.  Our first stop was Murph's.  At first, it didn't seem different except for being nicer inside and the girls being cuter.  They still play their music at a deafening level.  Later on in the night it became packed and I noticed there was a DJ.  Soon, everyone in the bar was dancing.  When did this start happening?  It actually seems like a more fun bar since I was @ Marquette.

After making a stop at Caffrey's, trying to get into Angelo's, deciding Heg's was too far of a walk, and going back to Murph's, we knew we wanted to end the night at Real Chilli.  After being blinded by the halogen spotlights in Murph's(I didn't forget about that), we were herded out and we made our way to Real Chilli, only to find out that they lock the doors at 2am.  When did they do that?  What a disappointment not to have a good bowl of chilli after a night out at Marquette.

We any scissors involved?
But I like to throw handfuls...

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 03:48:35 PM »

One of the funniest nights at Murphs in my time going there!

MUCrisco

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 04:01:56 PM »

One of the funniest nights at Murphs in my time going there!

Ziggy, you know my scissors story?  Were you there that night?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 04:41:40 PM »
the night the ballroom dance guy got his ponytail cut off? 

If so, Crisco, you're alright in my book.   ;D

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 05:02:22 PM »
that was such a fun night.
But I like to throw handfuls...

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 05:17:56 PM »
didn't he buy the whole bar a drink too?

MUCrisco

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 08:23:47 PM »
the night the ballroom dance guy got his ponytail cut off? 

If so, Crisco, you're alright in my book.   ;D

Yeah, that was the night alright.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 10:11:14 PM »
hey, you guys pledged him.   :-[     8)

MUCrisco

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 01:50:56 PM »
That's true.  I'd like to forget about that.  That certainly wasn't my vote or my decision.