[June 08, 2024, 07:03:51 PM]

And The New...... by Tyler COLEk
[June 08, 2024, 11:45:55 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Herman Cain
[June 08, 2024, 11:31:50 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MuggsyB
[June 08, 2024, 10:56:27 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

SOTG

Crowder
10 (5.1%)
DJO
151 (76.6%)
Vander
36 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 194

Voting closed: January 29, 2012, 01:42:58 PM

Author Topic: Villanova SOTG  (Read 9768 times)

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
Re: Villanova SOTG
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2012, 04:20:27 PM »
So invisible that some didn't even know he played in the 1st half.  Played 7 minutes.  Pretty quiet 7 minutes.
As a positive, at least he didn't do anything obviously horrible on D.   ;D

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2012, 04:23:54 PM »
As a positive, at least he didn't do anything obviously horrible on D.   ;D

;D

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2012, 04:25:32 PM »
Juan's slip was tough. The kid needs to see the ball go through the hoop more. He looks like he is gonna be good.

I think Juan can become what Fulce could have been without the knee injury.  I see some similarities in their games.  As Juan's body develops, he is going to be awfully fun to watch.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2012, 04:38:28 PM »
You can certainly give it to Blue for clutch play for the clutch free throws, the 7 rebounds in 16 minutes, and normal great defense.  No issue with that.

If you view the whole 40 minutes it is almost dead even but I give a slight edge to Crowder.

SHOOTING – SLIGHT EDGE DJO.  Shooting was virtually equal – effective Field Goal percentage was Crowder 53.3% and DJO 52.5% - slightly better 2s for DJO and Crowder one better on treys (4 of 7 to 3 of 7 for DJO). I give DJO a slight edge though because it’s harder to stay above 50% eFG on 20 shots than the 15 Crowder took (more defensive attention, etc.).

FTs – EVEN.  Both got to the line for 6 free throws with DJO a one point advantage 5 of 6 vs. 4 of 6 for Crowder – though 2 of Crowder’s were in between Blues so I’d call it even for those clutch shots.

ASSISTS – SLIGHT EDGE DJO.  Assists – DJO 5 to 4 – again a tiny edge DJO.

STEALS – TIE.  Steals – DJO and Crowder 2 each.

BLOCKS – CROWDER EDGE.  2 incredible blocked shots to 0 for DJO, I thought really prevented some momentum for Nova.

TURNOVERS – CROWDER.  Crowder 1 turnover to DJO’s 3 – no question it’s tougher as a guard to protect the ball, but Crowder has been the best guy in the country at not turning it over after the last two years.
In short, DJO a little edge on offense, and Crowder a little more of an edge on defense, so it’s a photo finish, but I can’t argue with most people going with DJO tonight.  The kid can turn it on and dominate  like no one else for stretches.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2012, 04:41:47 PM »
What a great game!  Great win for MU!  Love to watch Marquette play.  Crowder, DJO, Wilson played really great.  And, Vander, played his most impressive game as a Warrior!  Really clutch free throws.  Go Marquette!!!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2012, 04:47:05 PM »
I'm a big Vander supporter, but voting him over DJO or Crowder? Really?

Crowder was incredible during the comeback, pretty much looked like a man among boys. But DJO stepped up and was The Man, hitting shots when we desperately needed them -- including that huge 3 just before halftime -- and had the best passing game I've ever seen him have.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2012, 05:03:51 PM »
Juan's slip was tough. The kid needs to see the ball go through the hoop more. He looks like he is gonna be good.

It was more his defensive mistake.  He doubled the post from the wrong angle which allowed a pass to go behind him to his guy.

MUFan42

• Walk-On
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2012, 05:25:23 PM »
I'd give it to DJO he brought us back in the first half with clutch takes. I also liked that Jamail got a little stretch of time maybe 5 mins or so when we closed the gap a bit in the first. I know he didnt contribute much but he also didnt make any glaring mistakes. Can't help but cheer for him because hes the first one congratulating teammates when they make big plays

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2012, 05:42:18 PM »
Actual Win Score
Crowder-0.36
Blue- 0.35
DJO-0.26
J Wilson- 0.08
D Wilson- 0.01
Jones- 0
Gardner--0.05
Mayo--0.08
Cadougan--0.10
Anderson--0.57

MU82

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2012, 05:45:46 PM »

If Juan doesn't slip there, he has a dunk. It actually was a nice move. See no reason yet to doubt the kid's potential.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DCWarriors04

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2012, 05:48:05 PM »
Vander was huge at the end for us, but DJO took the game over and threw the team on his back today. Great to see one of our seniors take over like he did.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2012, 07:04:16 PM »
In short, DJO a little edge on offense, and Crowder a little more of an edge on defense, so it’s a photo finish, but I can’t argue with most people going with DJO tonight.  The kid can turn it on and dominate  like no one else for stretches.

I wouldn't give Crowder the edge over anyone on D today. His D was brutal. His 2 steals and 2 blocks were nice but I don't see how anyone could have watched that game and said he played well on D. He played well offensively, grabbed a lot of rebounds and hit some big shots but he really struggled defensively.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 07:38:28 PM by MerrittsMustache »

mviale

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2012, 07:38:42 PM »
Great line for Vander: 16 min, 9 pts and 7 boards.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2012, 11:14:53 AM »
DJO by a mile.  Senior leadership in the second half was key.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2012, 12:13:24 PM »
I think Juan can become what Fulce could have been without the knee injury.  I see some similarities in their games.  As Juan's body develops, he is going to be awfully fun to watch.

haha, thanks compare a player's potential with something we've never saw. 

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2012, 12:20:56 PM »
haha, thanks compare a player's potential with something we've never saw. 
We saw glimpses of it with Fulce.  I saw it on film from earlier days.  He had a nice mid range game, good 3 range.  Jumps quickly, quick and athletic.  Unfortunately, the injury limited his ability to expand on that.  I see Anderson with similar qualities and the ability to take it to what Fulce could have, if healthy.

But, since you can't see or understand it, so then no one could, I guess.   ::)

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2012, 02:18:41 PM »
We saw glimpses of it with Fulce.  I saw it on film from earlier days.  He had a nice mid range game, good 3 range.  Jumps quickly, quick and athletic.  Unfortunately, the injury limited his ability to expand on that.  I see Anderson with similar qualities and the ability to take it to what Fulce could have, if healthy.

But, since you can't see or understand it, so then no one could, I guess.   ::)

Roll your eyes all you want.  Most people don't double down on hypothecials when making predictions.  You are already guessing what anderson will look like and then adding in a guess as to what fulce would have done in a hypothetical injury free universe.  You are asking posters to peer into your mind's eye when making a comparison.  Which is why usually potential gets compared to someone who actually reached that potential.  It gives others a frame of reference.

"I think that the 20012-13 49ers with Peyton manning have the potential to be about as good as the 2008 Pats if brady didn't get hurt."  is somthing i understand just fine, i just think it's a duchey thing to say.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2012, 02:32:47 PM »
Roll your eyes all you want.  Most people don't double down on hypothecials when making predictions.  You are already guessing what anderson will look like and then adding in a guess as to what fulce would have done in a hypothetical injury free universe.  You are asking posters to peer into your mind's eye when making a comparison.  Which is why usually potential gets compared to someone who actually reached that potential.  It gives others a frame of reference.

"I think that the 20012-13 49ers with Peyton manning have the potential to be about as good as the 2008 Pats if brady didn't get hurt."  is somthing i understand just fine, i just think it's a duchey thing to say.

Man, you took all the time to post that?  It's a message board.  Is this the first hypothetical you have seen here?  Really, this is the debate you want?  Have at it.   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

You may be my first to ignore.   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

The eyes are for you, chief.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2012, 03:00:17 PM »
NOOOO! I'm might be ignored.  My entire sense of self worth is based on if MUmac reads my posts.  And he made fun of me for spending time on a message board that he spends time on! I think i'll go and drink myself to death over this.  He even used a long seriese of facess; repeatedly clicking on a button to get his point accross.  THen he called me cheif, I've been completely emasculated! 

I think your next post has the potential to be as great of a slam as one written by a version of Hunter S. Thompson who had never touched drugs.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2012, 09:24:21 PM »
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Anyway - what's the delay in getting DJO's mug up on the SOTG space?
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2012, 12:27:16 AM »
1) What if there were no hypothetical questions?

2) Anyway - what's the delay in getting DJO's mug up on the SOTG space?

1) Could we not fill the gap with rhetorical questions?

2) I agree.  Where's the damn picture?  It's already Monday, and Seton Hall is Tuesday. Give the man his face time!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2012, 07:47:16 AM »
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Anyway - what's the delay in getting DJO's mug up on the SOTG space?

+2...I think ;D
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2012, 08:22:21 AM »
It's a conspiracy against DJO.  The mods are just showing that they're haters.

HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

feedback