Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

SOTG

Crowder
10 (5.1%)
DJO
151 (76.6%)
Vander
36 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 194

Voting closed: January 29, 2012, 01:42:58 PM

Author Topic: Villanova SOTG  (Read 9748 times)

Slim

• All American
Re: Villanova SOTG
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2012, 01:46:47 PM »
3JO

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012, 01:48:57 PM »
Anyone who watch the entire 2hours and 40 minutes knows its DJO and not even close. Crowder had big stats. Vander had some big FTs. But there were some serious moments where the game was a bit out of hand and the dude put the whole team on his back. SOG isn't about clutch FTs or great stats. It's about changing the outcome of the game. DJO was huge.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2012, 01:49:47 PM »
Anyone who watch the entire 2hours and 40 minutes knows its DJO and not even close. Crowder had big stats. Vander had some big FTs. But there were some serious moments where the game was a bit out of hand and the dude put the whole team on his back. SOG isn't about clutch FTs or great stats. It's about changing the outcome of the game. DJO was huge.

I also voted for DJO, but seriously, Vander could have a triple-double and you'd be finding reasons to vote against him  ::)
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2012, 01:50:04 PM »
DJO, but Vander is a close second.    Clutch.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2012, 01:51:14 PM »
DJO  26 pts, 6 rbs, 5 assists and 2 steals.  AND was scoreless in first eight minutes.  

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2012, 01:54:38 PM »

DJO started out poorly.  He helped get MU in the hole.  BUT (emphasized for purpose), he is the one who kept MU in the game in the 1st half and started the comeback.  He was also the vocal leader out there, keeping everyone focused on getting the win.  To me, the little things he did during the game meant more than his points.  And his points were huge.  DJO, no question in my mind.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2012, 02:00:33 PM »
Darius no doubt

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2012, 02:01:32 PM »
DJO clearly. Hit shot after shot and puit the team on his back after he hit a couple shots finally. Jae and Vander were big today also. Need to find a way to start better though.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2012, 02:28:15 PM »
I voted for Vander. Nothing else would of matter, if Vander misses those free throws. The others put us in the position to win the game, but it was Vander who won it. Even more so, because he had been shooting under 50% in Big East play from free throw line.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2012, 02:55:21 PM »
absolutely love what vander did for the team and for himself.....but Djo carried the team today.

also to anyone that thinks this team is better without oult....go back and watch every rebound and basket Sutton had today...Otule would not have aloowed any of them....ecxept for the breakaway

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: SOTG
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 03:19:06 PM »
If it were Stud of the Last Minute, I'd vote Vander. Since it's Stud of the Game, I vote DJO. He had an immense all-around game, and was credited with one more TO than he deserved, that charge was a crap call.

Nice games for Van and Jae, but Johnson-Odom deserves his picture to stay on the left side of my screen.

Immense clutch performance at the end, and you can't even appreciate the kid stepping up. What is your problem with Blue? Did he sleep with your girlfriend/wife/daughter? Are you the guy that got punched for calling him Vander Orange?

He had a very good game. Was he the only guy to miss a layup today? Did anyone come to him and give him an outlet pass when he traveled? Blue played great. Best he's played in quite awhile. Enjoy it, give him his due, and quit being an assclown just for the sake of it. Your idiocy reflects poorly not just upon yourself, but on the site as a whole, and online Marquette fans as a whole.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

boyonthedock

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2012, 03:30:45 PM »
i feel like this board goes out its way to give sotg to anyone other than DJO sometimes. I know we all want to feel like smart, knowledgeable basketball fans who value things other than points, and sometimes we just expect more from DJO, but the man clearly was the class of this game. Blue is only getting mentions because of how bad he is at the line on other instances. Vander was good, and sealed the game, but the guy didn't even play the first half.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2012, 03:33:34 PM »
DJO, by a hair.  

It's nice when we win and we have multiple options to choose from.  Yes, there were warts today (covered in the threads about comebacks plus the announcers' incessant discussion of Junior's turnover issue of late), but at the end of the day, it's a win... and Ox is OK.

7 wins in the Big East?  I'm pretty happy so far.  There's still work to be done, but the guys are doing great overall.
Relax. Respect the Process.

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
Re: SOTG
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2012, 03:35:40 PM »
Normally I think it’s super lame when people suggest co-SOTGs.  But DJO and Jae should both get this one.
agreed

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2012, 03:43:39 PM »
i feel like this board goes out its way to give sotg to anyone other than DJO sometimes. I know we all want to feel like smart, knowledgeable basketball fans who value things other than points, and sometimes we just expect more from DJO, but the man clearly was the class of this game. Blue is only getting mentions because of how bad he MU is at the line on other instances. Vander was good, and sealed the game, but the guy didn't even play the first half.

Fixed.

Otherwise, agree with everything else you stated.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2012, 03:46:21 PM »
And yet MU is the 4th best free throw shooting team in the big east.  Go figure...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2012, 03:48:07 PM »
And yet MU is the 4th best free throw shooting team in the big east.  Go figure...

stole my post...

...right?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2012, 03:50:13 PM »
i feel like this board goes out its way to give sotg to anyone other than DJO sometimes. I know we all want to feel like smart, knowledgeable basketball fans who value things other than points, and sometimes we just expect more from DJO, but the man clearly was the class of this game. Blue is only getting mentions because of how bad he is at the line on other instances. Vander was good, and sealed the game, but the guy didn't even play the first half.

Vander should have played more in the first half.  The defense was atrocious, which admittedly started when he was in the game, but his activity on the defensive end (including the boards) was invaluable in the second.  
But I voted DJO for SOTG.  Very clutch.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2012, 03:54:07 PM »
stole my post...

...right?
While true, MU has missed crucial FT's over the years.

But, what I find funny is that while MU is a good FT shooting team many remember the one's they miss.  In the 2nd half, it showed MU was 16-22.  Yet those 6 misses are what people remember.

The memories of DJO, Crowder, et al, missing late FT's are etched in our minds.  Even if they would be the only FT's they missed in that game.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2012, 03:56:07 PM »

Vander should have played more in the first half.  The defense was atrocious, which admittedly started when he was in the game, but his activity on the defensive end (including the boards) was invaluable in the second.  
But I voted DJO for SOTG.  Very clutch.

Buzz went big.  Both Vander and Mayo had limited playing time in the 1st half.  There were times that Gardner, Wilson and Crowder were on the floor together.  Other times, Anderson and/or Jones were in for one or two of those.  He kept a rotation of Cadougan and Wilson at PG.  DJO as the two guard.  That was the primary reason why both Blue and Mayo had limited 1st half minutes.

boyonthedock

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2012, 03:56:38 PM »
I remember our loss at depaul much more clearly than any marquette game i have ever witnessed. the missed FTs were a big part of that one.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2012, 04:10:36 PM »
Buzz went big.  Both Vander and Mayo had limited playing time in the 1st half.  There were times that Gardner, Wilson and Crowder were on the floor together.  Other times, Anderson and/or Jones were in for one or two of those.  He kept a rotation of Cadougan and Wilson at PG.  DJO as the two guard.  That was the primary reason why both Blue and Mayo had limited 1st half minutes.

Yeah, and it didn't work very well.  Juan was completely lost and Jamail was invisible.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »

Yeah, and it didn't work very well.  Juan was completely lost and Jamail was invisible.

So invisible that some didn't even know he played in the 1st half.  Played 7 minutes.  Pretty quiet 7 minutes.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2012, 04:13:18 PM »
DJO & Jae were huge, but Vander won the game with those free throws. So Vander for SOTG.

Free throws wouldn't matter if djo or crowder make the huge shots.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2012, 04:14:14 PM »

Juan's slip was tough. The kid needs to see the ball go through the hoop more. He looks like he is gonna be good.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com