Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: WPOTG  (Read 3333 times)

ZiggysChestHair

• Scholarship Player
WPOTG
« on: January 16, 2012, 05:31:26 PM »
Worst post of the game:

National Champs

Re: Louisville Game Thread
« Reply #27 on: Today at 02:47:24 PM »
This team is underachieving big time this year.

Some of you need to get a grip. This team is ranked and marching towards the NCAA tourney with greater ease than in prior years. What are you expecting?

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
Re: WPOTG
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 05:39:47 PM »
Too many from HaywardsHeroes32 to pick just one... someone needs to make a poll after every game.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 05:43:19 PM »
I've decided to stay away from the game threads because 80% of the posts are pathetic.  Complaining and whining.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 05:46:06 PM »
Luckily, my wife was paying the bills on the computer and I could not post, which probably saved me from several potentially embarassing posts.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 05:47:08 PM »
I'm with you, Sultan.   I was watching the start and thinking we were going to get this one straightened out and actually had the thought that I was really glad I was nowhere near a computer. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 05:48:37 PM »
Too many from HaywardsHeroes32 to pick just one... someone needs to make a poll after every game.

That wasnt by me you ape. I call out the stupid decision making and terrible starts. I dont bash the season as a whole or even players like the pounding Blue takes nightly.

Thanks for playing though.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 05:48:58 PM »
That was my first time looking in one of those here...I thought it was safe since there was 33 minutes of positive MU basketball. There should be a warning screen before entering.

ZiggysChestHair

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 05:53:53 PM »
That wasnt by me you ape. I call out the stupid decision making and terrible starts. I dont bash the season as a whole or even players like the pounding Blue takes nightly.

Thanks for playing though.

Just so you are aware MU went on to win after it was "over Vandy style.". Perhaps the team did hold themselves accountable as you requested and made the right adjustments.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 05:54:05 PM »
Nice.. calling someone an ape. I could take it THERE, but I won't. Are you 8?  Wait, my 8 year old wouldn't say that. I was trying to come up with a nomination for WPOTG for you. Couldn't come up with just one, I could repost them all for you if it makes you feel better. I hope you are able to handle the rest of your life better than the ups and downs of MU games.

National Champs

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 05:58:35 PM »
Worst post of the game:

National Champs

Re: Louisville Game Thread
« Reply #27 on: Today at 02:47:24 PM »
This team is underachieving big time this year.

Some of you need to get a grip. This team is ranked and marching towards the NCAA tourney with greater ease than in prior years. What are you expecting?

Thanks for the call out. This post came when it was 18-2 and they looked terrible. At that point in the game they were underachieving because they are capable of much more. The game started to look like Vandy 2.0 and I was frustrated. I expect a lot of this squad because of their talent and depth. If the game would have ended the way it started I think it would be hard to argue that their 5 losses this season had the achieving their potential(given the now show halves coupled with very solid play). They have showed what they are capable of an I think the sky is the limit with them. It takes 40 minutes of basketball to make for a dominating performance, and that is what I expect each and every time they take the court.  
We Are Elite

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 05:59:34 PM »
Thanks for the call out. This post came when it was 18-2 and they looked terrible. At that point in the game they were underachieving because they are capable of much more. The game started to look like Vandy 2.0 and I was frustrated. I expect a lot of this squad because of their talent and depth. If the game would have ended the way it started I think it would be hard to argue that their 5 losses this season had the achieving their potential(given the now show halves coupled with very solid play). They have showed what they are capable of an I think the sky is the limit with them. It takes 40 minutes of basketball to make for a dominating performance, and that is what I expect each and every time they take the court.  

Guess you just gotta get used to our new style of starting slow and finishing strong  ;D

National Champs

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 06:01:06 PM »
Guess you just gotta get used to our new style of starting slow and finishing strong  ;D

The Georgetown game screwed that up for me.
We Are Elite

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 06:06:11 PM »
The Georgetown game screwed that up for me.

But that was inverse, we dominated in the first half.

ZiggysChestHair

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 06:06:52 PM »

Perhaps you should be willing to give them the full 40 minutes then.  If you had said they were underperformming this game, at that point, I could see your point. However your post went with underperforming the season as a whole based entirely on a frustrating opening 5 minutes. I do appreciate you at least explaining your frustrations though.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 06:07:59 PM »
Hah, i was the luckiest MU fan in the country today because a fuse blew in the building during the first possession, and by the time I could get to another TV, I'd missed the whole 18-2 run.  From what i saw, we won by almost 30 today!
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 06:13:07 PM »

Kudos for you following up.  I think people just need to calm down during the games a bit.  This is a far from perfect team of 18-22 year olds that is probably properly ranked in the 15-25 area.  They are going to look bad at times...they are going to look great at times...we just have to hope that the latter occurs more than the former.  And yeah, they are going to lose some games.  That's OK...not the end of the world. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 06:45:42 PM »
So how is saying a game is over vandy style a bad post? The game was going like the vandy game only worse since we have yet to prove we can comeback in game(see vandy game) Idk how that post was bad.

So, if saying a game at the time of the post was on pace to be a repeat of a previous game is the "worst post" whatever. I guess ill follow the crowd and say "VANDER SUCKS" everytime he dribbles the ball.

I also said at halftime we need to get the ball down low to OX and jae for easy bunnies and draw fouls which will open up kick outs to our shooters. Which is EXACTLY what happend.

So i provided the best and worst........while you provided nothing. At least Im around during the game and give something rather than hindsight.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 07:44:23 PM »
I've decided to stay away from the game threads because 80% of the posts are pathetic.  Complaining and whining.

this is why i prefer the gamechat. not saying it's all sunshine and rainbows, but it generally has a better mood than the game threads.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 07:57:04 PM »
this is why i prefer the gamechat. not saying it's all sunshine and rainbows, but it generally has a better mood than the game threads.

Haven't been on there this year.  Any youngphillyt appearances on the year so far?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 08:07:03 PM »

game chat is worse. Straight trolls on that thing putting anything and everything down once the game loss is set in stone.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 09:11:57 PM »
game chat is worse. Straight trolls on that thing putting anything and everything down once the game loss is set in stone.
as opposed to when there's say, 35 minutes left in the game?   ::)

CaptainHavoc

• Walk-On
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 09:21:42 PM »

But is it seashells and balloons?