[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: WAY, way OT  (Read 39387 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: WAY, way OT
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2007, 10:51:19 AM »
I disagree on kicking.   The best way these rugrats can win is by getting you on the floor.  If you kick, especially at their head (about as high as your waist), there's a chance you lose your balance, or while your leg is in the air, a kid pushes you, makes you lose your balance .. or you just don't get that foot back down and stable.

You could kick, you'd just need to make sure no kid was ready to push you from behind or something.  That's probably their tactic anyhow.  Surround you, get a kid or two down low behind you, then have 8 kids rush you so you step back and trip over the kid behind you.  You've gotta get near a wall or corner quickly.

I think I'm sticking to open or closed fist whacks on their tiny ears to stun them.  Occasionally grabbing two heads and knocking them together.

MU Chi_IL

• Team Captain
  • Marquette is Solid Gold!
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 10:52:33 AM »
If they bunch up on you, take two of their heads and give them a good head bonk.  Toss in the high knees and kicks, and you could get out of the crowd quickly if they bunched up on you.  They will be packed together so it would not take much and most likely drop two at a time.

For everyone who has said "I worked at XXX and let me tell you, 5 year old are tough."  Imagine all the times they ganged up on you, except remove your morals and the fear of lawsuits and tell me you could not take more then 15 on?

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2007, 11:13:03 AM »
When I said I would kick a lot, I was thinking more of kicking them in the legs and gut than in the head. If I'm swinging my arms around, they can come at me under them. If it's my legs that are flying around, they're going to be more hesitant in their approach.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2007, 12:48:14 PM »
yeah i'm talking low kicks to the leg, crotch and chest.  if i'm going after the face it will be with my knee.  Although I don't see why picking one of the smaller ones up by the ankles and using them as a mace wouldn't work.  Once again i think i would get tired before I got taken down.  Endurance is the biggest factor.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2007, 01:03:40 PM »
does kicking a 5 year old in the junk have the same effect that kicking a 25 year old in the junk does?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 01:14:02 PM »
does kicking a 5 year old in the junk have the same effect that kicking a 25 year old in the junk does?

This may be the key factor. Also, does a girl that gets hit in the boob at age 25 hurt the same before they get boobs?

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2007, 01:18:17 PM »
Trying to think back to my childhood, I think crotch shots always hurt extra, but at age 5 it does not come close to the pain later in life.

mutpm

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2007, 01:41:31 PM »
If they come at you 1 at a time, it's not a problem.  You can get them early and get a lot, but if 20 bumrush you at once, you're in trouble.  I have a below averaged sized 6 year old at home and there is no way I would take on 40 like him.  They are surprisingly strong for their size.  If 4 or 5 latch onto your legs at the same time, you've lost half your arsenal.  You are now limited to your upper body.  It's only a matter of time before they take you down. 

My guess is the people who say <20 have kids and those that are saying 30+ don't have kids or don't spend a lot of time around kids. 

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
This might be suprising (because i am short and fat)
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2007, 01:47:21 PM »
But I have participated in 5 combat sports over the years

Freestyle Wrestling, Greco-Roman Wrestling, Folkstyle Wrestling, Sambo, and Judo  and if you think you could take on 40 5 year olds you are insane.

For one if trained all the 5 year olds at one time how to attack an opponent they will get it done.  The way I would train a five year old is to attack small extremeties such as fingers, toes, ears and nose.  
Essentiall what would happen is that about 5 five year olds would go directly for your toes which will create discomfort.  A second set of 5 year olds will attempt to knock you down by some swift kicks to the shins.  Once you are down all of them will attack and their is no way you are getting up.

Once you have more than one person on you, a person can not perform
1.Arm Bars
2. Chokes
3. Strangles
4. Heel Hooks
5. Knee Bars
6. Any types of sweeps

so what you are left with on the ground is strickly your fist, and after unleashing a 1 minute fury of fist you end up out of breath and light headed, when that happens even the lightest shirt covering your mouth will put you out.

I guess to answer the question I probably could take 10 5 year olds.  
I probably would attempt to use some foot sweeps and leg kicks which are instantly disabling.  This would only last for a few minutes so I am thinking I could get about 7 down that way.  Than the little bastards would start gaining up on me and biting and kicking.  Once it got to the grown I could probably isolate a few and get some quick chokes.  After that I would be so tired that I would be down for the count.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2007, 02:14:34 PM »
I think the one thing you are missing is the difference between defeating and disabling.

A 25 year old, you need to defeat.  He's going to come at you again and again until he's disabled.

A 5 year old, one decent crack on the head is going to send them crying and stunned.  After 1 day of training, they're still 5 year olds probably in their first violent fight.  Sure, some will be Rambo children, but 90%, and a crack to the skull will stop his attack for at least a minute if not forever. -- (Think ice ball to the ear.  Face turns red, hands go up to ear as they burst into tears.  No 1-day training course is going to stop that for most kids.)

And this isn't wrestling, where you have time.  You have under a couple seconds per kid to land a blow.  No strangleholds or chokes.  Once you start thinking that way, sure, you wouldn't be able to handle many.

You'd need to limit their access to your backside, get to a wall or corner .. and start landing blows quickly.  Just getting the front 3-4 kids to cry would create traffic that the others would need to get through to get to you.

And any kid that gets a grab on your leg?  Tear his earlobe off.

MU Chi_IL

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2007, 02:26:39 PM »
Since it is Friday, sunny and I feel like finally answering this question.  Let's look at a few different scenarios:

15 5-year olds

- This seems to be a common number almost everyone agrees that they could take on.  Take a look at the illustration below.  Even if you were cornered, Only five or six could surround you at once, assuming you did nothing to get away.  If you knock down two - three of these kids the ones behind cannot reach you as the other kids most likely are a) knocked out in front of them b) sitting on the ground crying. 

- Most likely you could break through this line and regroup, I think the key is movement.  Once the original plan breaks down, they don't have the problem solving to adjust and come up with something new.

30 5-year olds

This seems to be the number were people start to think this is impossible.  Again, only a few can get at you at a time if you were ever cornered, although it would be much harder to break through the line if cornered (that would present a problem).  Looking at this, I am lowering my number from 40 to 30.  I think I could knock out thirty and make it to the bar in time for happy hour (for the record I am 6'1" 195#)

On the move

This would be my plan...keep on the move and pick my spots.  I am not talking about sprinting around, more like a boxer shuffling.  Keep circling and thinning them out, pick off ones that get distracted, or left along.  My primary moves would be knees under the chin and to the face, smacking heads together, hammer fist, ear claps and pull them to the ground if they get in close. 

Also, everyone notice that even crazy 5 years are smart enough to wear Gold to this game, so you have no excuse!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2007, 02:44:53 PM »
the other thing that you would have going for you, is, if you hit the little craps hard enough to knock them out, sooner or later, you're gonna have a pile of kids around you.  Makes it much harder for the remaining kids to scramble over a pile of their comrades down for the count.  And if they do make it to the top of the pile, well then you can hit them square in the face instead of at a downward angle.  Of course, this would require a full knockout, vs a "stun shot."  Call it the Braveheart vs. the English cavalry strategm.

I hope everyone does realize that we are all going to jail, and then to hell.   :o

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2007, 02:45:24 PM »
BTW, nice graphics Chi_IL!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2007, 02:50:58 PM »
You'd need to limit their access to your backside, get to a wall or corner .. and start landing blows quickly.

Well, if you get close to a wall or corner, then you're likely to touch it at some point.  Touching is against the rules (See the first post), so I assume if you "touch" you lose.

Take a look at the illustration below.  Even if you were cornered, Only five or six could surround you at once, assuming you did nothing to get away. 

I'm not sure about the 5 year old you hang around, but the ones I know look nothing like your illustrations.  I think there's a good possibility that you'd have 3 latched onto each leg (6 total).  And latched on TIGHT.  Add an extra 120 lbs to each leg and you're not kicking ANYTHING. 

A 5 year old, one decent crack on the head is going to send them crying and stunned.

I guess I'm assuming these are all "rabid" 5-year olds.  The kind that are throwing temper tantrums where they won't stop pounding on you until they wear out.  Also in the first post of the rules, it's stated:
The kids are motivated enough to not get scared, regardless of the bloodshed. Even the very last one will give it his/her best to take you down.

So, an ear slap is NOT going to send them running.

MU Chi_IL

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2007, 03:04:01 PM »
This is what you are scared off?

I'm not sure about the 5 year old you hang around, but the ones I know look nothing like your illustrations.  I think there's a good possibility that you'd have 3 latched onto each leg (6 total).  And latched on TIGHT.  Add an extra 120 lbs to each leg and you're not kicking ANYTHING.

Why would you ever let them get on your leg?  I am sure in every run in with a child you have ever had you were guided by the simple rule - MAKE SURE THE KID DOESN'T GET HURT, well toss that out the window and it is a whole new ballgame.

And who ever said we are all going hell, I think we will have an extra special place in hell for this conversation!!!!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2007, 03:29:55 PM »
I did see the "The kids are motivated enough to not get scared, regardless of the bloodshed. Even the very last one will give it his/her best to take you down."

.. I don't believe 1 day of training would get them to ignore their normal "5 year oldness". 

Being 5 means they not only have physical limitations, but mental and emotional ones too.   I can't imagine that aspect being "trained out" in 1 day.  When it says they will "give it their best to take you down" .. well, that "best" is a 5 year old "best", not Rambo Best.

Now, change the rules, and take these 100 kids and train them for a year like wild dogs, have daily violent fights, let them watch Itchy & Scratchy cartoons 24/7, well then, the equation changes!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2007, 01:23:52 PM »
I enjoyed the analysis MU_Chi, very excellent. I'd up my number to 25-30.

MU Chi_IL

• Team Captain
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2008, 03:04:35 PM »
I know this thread is about 3 months old, but someone sent me a website that can answer the question of how many 5 years you can fight, http://www.howmanyfiveyearoldscouldyoutakI have a toothachefight.com/

When I posted this thread orginally, I was firm on the number 40, but after breaking it down with the board I decided that 30 was realistic, turns out the website thinks I am good for about 33 5 year olds!

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2008, 03:59:32 PM »
I have a hard time believing that any number of 5 year olds could render me unconscious.

How would they achieve this?

Their limbs are too small to perform blood chokes aka sleeper holds and their bones are too weak for blunt trauma.

There are only two feasible options in my mind.
One - taking me to the ground and bashing my head against a hard surface
Two - taking me to the ground and somehow smothering me at the bottom of a five year old dog pile

Either way I've got to believe the number is over 50

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2008, 08:59:49 PM »
ZiggysFryBaby kicked ZiggysFryBoy's ass earlier tonight.  Scratching, clawing and hairpulling.  Yes, my boy fights like a girl.  We're working on it.  But he did still kick my ass.  Specially when he kicked me in the nutsack.   :o

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2008, 10:31:05 AM »
I know this thread is about 3 months old, but someone sent me a website that can answer the question of how many 5 years you can fight, http://www.howmanyfiveyearoldscouldyoutakI have a toothachefight.com/

When I posted this thread orginally, I was firm on the number 40, but after breaking it down with the board I decided that 30 was realistic, turns out the website thinks I am good for about 33 5 year olds!

Apparantly I'm good for 22 5 year olds. I guess being 5'6 and overweight isn't helping my cause any. I figure I'd just start kicking and clotheslining anything in my way...I'd even resort to kicking 5 year olds in the nuts if I have to (hey, if they can do it...). Maybe that would bump me up to somewhere in the 30s.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2008, 02:25:58 PM »
During Rugby Season: 25-30
Out of Rugby Season: 10-15

it does make that difference, let me wear my Rugby Boots, 50... those things could kill instantly

can we add a wrinkle into this.. can we use a weapon (like a bat?)... could get interesting.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

tower912

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2008, 02:34:24 PM »
ziggyfrybaby beat up daddy by kicking him in the nutsack.   tower456 (1/2 of 912) dropped daddy like a stone today in the store when he was swinging his 13 month old feet in the cart and daddy wasn't paying attention and baby tower connected square with the creators of baby tower.   Kind of embarrassing to drop to a knee for a few seconds in the middle of Costco.  And then requiring every bit of focus to stand up straight and breathe.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2008, 02:39:14 PM »
ziggyfrybaby beat up daddy by kicking him in the nutsack.   tower456 (1/2 of 912) dropped daddy like a stone today in the store when he was swinging his 13 month old feet in the cart and daddy wasn't paying attention and baby tower connected square with the creators of baby tower.   Kind of embarrassing to drop to a knee for a few seconds in the middle of Costco.  And then requiring every bit of focus to stand up straight and breathe.

alright ziggy.. that previous deal I offered for the wade jersey? retracted.  he no longer qualifies.  thanks for auditioning.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2014, 11:14:36 AM »
was searching old threads for another reason and re-found this one.

Bump, because it's awesome.

I still maintain my answer of ~15.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:20:55 AM by Henry Sugar »
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.