[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by lawdog77
[Today at 07:14:12 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 07:03:51 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Just in case anyone was thinking of voting for Hillary...  (Read 21857 times)

ecompt

• All American
Just in case anyone was thinking of voting for Hillary...
« on: April 13, 2007, 10:28:55 PM »
she accepted $800,000 from a hip-hop star (Timbaland) who hosted a fundraiser at his home in Miami. Two weeks later she calls Imus a bigot. If you want to look at Timbaland's lyrics, look them up on any search engine. He makes Imus sound like Mother Teresa. Hillary is the ultimate sleazebag hypocrite.

Murffieus

• All American
Re: Just in case anyone was thinking of voting for Hillary...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 01:52:43 PM »
ecompt----on this you and I can agree-----I can't imagine that she will be the first women president----too much baggage!

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 03:42:22 PM »
Well, in that case, good luck voting for anyone. They are politicians. Speaking out of both sides of their mouth is, sometimes, the only talent these people have.

My guess: Edwards v. Romney in 2008 with Edwards on top. I'm a pretty staunch Liberal and I just don't like the rhetoric I hear from Hillary. I'd have a hard time voting for her as of right now.
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 04:20:55 PM »
she accepted $800,000 from a hip-hop star (Timbaland) who hosted a fundraiser at his home in Miami. Two weeks later she calls Imus a bigot. If you want to look at Timbaland's lyrics, look them up on any search engine. He makes Imus sound like Mother Teresa. Hillary is the ultimate sleazebag hypocrite.

Yes well, excuse Timbaland for not being an old white radiocaster.  I mean, he IS a rapper, sheesh--I think you're comparing apples and oranges here.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 05:13:57 PM »
don't know if the rapper/Imus comparison is apt, but do agree that Hillary is a self-seeking opportunist who will do anything for personal gain.
sure wish there could be at least one moderate candidate I could feel good about.  God save us from the phonies.  (Is Edwards still talking about lowering health care costs?)

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 08:58:38 PM »
Ziarik----(you say you wouldn't vote for Hilliary "as of right now")----do you mean if Hilliary changed her stripes and told you what you wanted to hear----you'd vote for her?

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 10:01:16 PM »
I don't even pay much attention to things right now. Nothing they say has any bearing. You are only trying to differentiate yourself from a bunch of like-minded individuals. Now is when you say the things people want to hear. It just doesn't mean anything.

Once the primaries are over, the person has locked up the "core." I don't really expect them to change their tune at this point as much as I expect them to begin to delve into specific agenda items that are important to them. Unless Bush solves it in the next year+, Iraq will obvisouly be the major talking point. But, we're in a lot of trouble in a lot of things in this country and I want to hear someone talk about and take those things on. Education – Healthcare – Environment — the list could go on forever.

So, yes. If Clinton wins the primary, and she has good ideas about serious problems, she'll win me over. I know in some circles that's called a "flip-flop," but I'll admit it if I am wrong about her right now.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 08:22:06 AM »
If you are even only remotely predisposed, Hilliary is going to tell you what you want to hear at any point in the campaign. The Clinton philosophy is take polls, find out where the center is relative to your opponent, and then speak to it.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 09:45:57 AM »
ecompt - what if the media called your daughter a HO?  Do you have a daughter?

You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 03:43:41 PM »
Mivale----My reaction would be to consider the source (he has to mentally deranged)-----just because Imus calls someone a name doesn't mean it's so-----I wouldn't take him seriously no matter what he said. I never could watch Imus for more than a few minutes and that only happened if he popped up when I turned the TV on-----could never understand what everyone saw in the guy!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 03:45:49 PM by Murffieus »

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 03:48:17 PM »
dont worry im not planning on voting for hillary or any democrat and most republicans for that matter.

its either brownback or fred thompson for me, or else im writing my name in for my vote.

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 07:47:38 PM »
If you are even only remotely predisposed, Hilliary is going to tell you what you want to hear at any point in the campaign. The Clinton philosophy is take polls, find out where the center is relative to your opponent, and then speak to it.

You are letting your bias affect your reading comprehension. That isn't what I said. All politicians tell you what you want to hear. Hillary is not different. Where we disagree is that you believe the Clintons will change their opinion based only on the polls. I believe they will change what they talk about based on the polls. And if they talk about things I care about, in ways I agree with, I'll vote for her.

Politicians as a whole walk a line where they can tell as many people what they want to hear while alienating the fewset possible numbers. You can replace the words "Clinton" and "Hillary" in the above sentence with "Romney" and "Mitt" and it still rings true.

nate

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 07:55:12 PM »
Reagan didn't talk to the polls----GWB certainly doesn't talk to the polls----the Clintons talk the polls more than anyone in recent memory! Bill was a master at that----how else would a little known Southern Governor from Arkansas who hadn't achieved anything of note as Gov. have been his party's nominee and then been elected president!

He told people what they wanted to hear-----and Hilliary is following the same gameplan!

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 09:01:21 PM »
I don't know what "talk to the polls" means.

Does it mean "I believe X, but America believes Y, so I believe Y" or does it mean "America cares about X, so I'll talk about X." If it is the former, I need proof. I want a specific example of Clinton saying something, a poll released showing America wants different, and him/her changing their tune. If it is the latter ... duh!

Listen, If I were to run for an office, it would be because I have some agenda to further (even if that agenda is just "better plowing after snowstorms"). That doesn't mean that is the only issue I care about. If I ran a poll and found out people were also really worried about some other issue -- cruising on some local street -- and I agreed, I'd be an idiot not to add that to my campaign base.

Don't let your obvious leanings stop you from seeing that all politicians read the polls.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 09:06:25 PM by nathanziarek »

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 06:49:51 AM »

[/quote]

Yes well, excuse Timbaland for not being an old white radiocaster.  I mean, he IS a rapper, sheesh--I think you're comparing apples and oranges here.
[/quote]

So rappers have the right/authority to use profanity, demeaning/racial language, and exploit women?

I know we talked about this earlier but I don't understand this argument.  Yes Imus said something extremely ignorant but how can black culture burn someboy at the stake yet turn a blind eye towards their own people who routinely use the N-word, B*tch, Ho, and parade women around their videos like pieces of meat?  I know I'll probably start a hail-storm with this but in my opinion you could argue that the people holding that culture back the most is black people.  It's "cool" to be stupid (if you're educated you're too white), its glamorous to be a "gangsta", its acceptable to treat woman like objects, etc.

Reminds me of the south park episode where Mr. Garrison got offended by people using the F*G word but he could use since he was gay...I mean come on, how can anyone justify using offensive language?

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
  • Wish I was at the Maui Invitational
    • The Truth
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 07:31:48 AM »
Sad is the state of current national politics. What has happened to the progressive leaders who spoke their mind and sought change in government. Now we have the same BS spewed by both parties every year and nothing really changes for the better. There is no party or politicians anymore for the people at the center. Democrats are becoming way to conservative in the realm of personal freedoms and the Republicans are becoming too liberal with financial issues. Where is the viable party for the fiscal conservative who is socially liberal? Just goes to show that the Bible-belters are getting their hands into all parts of government.
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 07:43:11 AM »
First of all we're fighting wars on two fronts----costs money-----secondly GWB set up Medicare D to help seniors with drug payments (compassion)----costs money!

Finall, though the deficit is high in nominal terms-----as a percentage of GNP it's relatively smaller and it shrinks even futher with each report the last few years!

augoman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 08:53:41 AM »
does anyone think Fred Thompson will be a viable candidate inspite of his illness?  I hope.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 10:34:17 AM »
mviale--yes, I have two daughters, and I would be upset if anyone called either of them a ho. Imus deserved to be suspended, but not fired. What bothers me is the double standard that rappers can talk about violence and use the n-word and the s-word and the b-word and "ho," and some people rationalize it by saying it's artistic freedom or, as one ESPN host  says, "terms of affection." Why should these hip-hop morons (and anyone who has the use the n-word 15 to 20 times in a song lyric is a moron) be allowed to say whatever they want? Imus was wrong. Jesse Jackson was wrong to call New York "Hymietown". Nothing happened to him. Al Sharpton has spent his entire life trying to incite race riots (google "Tawana Brawley") and we're supposed to listen to him? Please. And for Hillary to ever preach morals to anyone is a farce.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007, 09:21:43 PM »
Glad he's done.  suspended - please!!
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
  • Wish I was at the Maui Invitational
    • The Truth
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 09:03:40 AM »
Wow, this turned into an imus argument. Basically, Hilary is a politician in every sense of the word. She will say whatever it takes to be elected. I will never vote for her. Every election is picking the lesser of two evils.
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 10:26:35 AM »
its true hillary does suck.  however between her and obama, she is the lesser of two evils.

regarding imus, he should be fired.  good riddance, maybe he will think again before he disrespects women athletes in the future.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 01:54:32 AM »
don't know if the rapper/Imus comparison is apt, but do agree that Hillary is a self-seeking opportunist who will do anything for personal gain.
sure wish there could be at least one moderate candidate I could feel good about.  God save us from the phonies.  (Is Edwards still talking about lowering health care costs?)

I'd like to take that above statement and alter it as it would apply to ANY politician:

"...do agree that ________(insert your favorite politician)________ is a self-seeking opportunist who will do anything for personal gain."
SS Marquette

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 12:39:20 AM »

Isn't that every politicians way of getting votes????  You bash Democrats like Republicans are saints... come on man, open your eyes and stop hugging Fox News

not saying I am a Hillary fan, because I am not, but I can't stand the mudslinging that every party does... both parties do the same thing, just say what the other person does wrong.... obviously the 2006 elections showed that the American Public wanted change... and I loved every minute of it
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 12:43:55 AM by Mayor McCheese »
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 08:48:22 AM »
The American people are being duped by the nightly anti war barrage by the liberal national news media who want us the wave the white flag of defeat and go back to the defensive mentality of the pre 9/11 era.

They are like the British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlin who trusted Hitler in 1937 and signed the Munich peace agreement with him-----then came back to Britain waving the agreement as he proclaimed "peace in our time"!

Like Hitler----the Jihadists are out to get anyone who stands in the way of their anilelating the Jews-----by confrontinting them now----the fewer the number of lives will be lost in the long run!

feedback